• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Craig Joubert and TV officials are cheats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Referees are not cheats, those words are unworthy of any good rugby fan.

I wish Wayne Barnes was here to send you home, Dylan Hartley.

Agreed he is no cheat.

He made a mistake in a situation where the call would be right a fair amount of the time. He made a number of slightly lenient decisions but nothing outrageous. Subject him to a review, give him the rule book again and send him out to referee club games.

Joubert just made one real mistake which is not TMOing that last call. Forgivable for me and I'm Scots.

Scots were so lucky that Australia gave 2 tries (Foley and Slipper). In a normal situation, it wouldnt be happen. Australia played relaxed, they even dont pick their two best players, this wont be repeated

From what I understand that last call isn't reviewable. The TMO rules on try or no try or foul play instances, neither apply to this. The late hit I don't think was one, Mitchel (I think) was committed to the kick challenge.

And to suggest Joubert, or any professional ref, at any level, cheated is just wrong.

From what I understand that last call isn't reviewable. The TMO rules on try or no try or foul play instances, neither apply to this. The late hit I don't think was one, Mitchel (I think) was committed to the kick challenge.

And to suggest Joubert, or any professional ref, at any level, cheated is just wrong.

Foul play is anything a player does within the playing enclosure that is against the letter and spirit of the Laws of the Game. It includes obstruction, unfair play, repeated infringements, dangerous play and misconduct which is prejudicial to the Game.

Jon Welsh was penalised for an act of foul play. Craig Joubert was within his rights to use the TMO. He didn't. Are you claiming he didn't know what it took me ten seconds to find out?

Scots were so lucky that Australia gave 2 tries (Foley and Slipper). In a normal situation, it wouldnt be happen. Australia played relaxed, they even dont pick their two best players, this wont be repeated

Sorry Conrad but it was three! When was the last time you saw ANY team leave no one right at the back of a breakdown to allow a player to pick up the ball and walk over??

I get Joubert made a massive error but some of the reactions are ridicules from the former players etc coming out with some uncalled for comments.

I feel for Scotland they played great rugby.

what would the refs gain out of cheating?

His job? A bonus? How would we know? What i do know is that it's OK to accused players of it. Hogg gets knocked on his arse by a late hit and some numpty on here immediately claims to know he dived again. Why so precious about refs? We're not ine the amateur era any more. Money talks in the business. Remember it RWC Ltd

What is all the fuss about?

I'm a little confused as to what people are so worked up about. I get that it's tough when you lose a close game, particulalry one as big as this. But I still fail to see what Joubert did wrong?

The last call, the penalty, was entirely correct based on my understanding of the rules.Here is what I saw happen:

1) Scotland player played at the ball and knocked it forward.
2) The ball then looked to have touched an OZ player, but this player did not play at the ball.
3) The ball was then intentionally played at by another Scotish player, infront of the player that knocked it on.

=> Penalty is awarded to OZ.

Is this not correct? Both in terms of what happened, and the subsequent correct ruling?

This comes under rule 11.7 Offside after a knock-on

When a player knocks-on and an offside team-mate next plays the ball, the offside player is liable to sanction if playing the ball prevented an opponent from gaining an advantage.
Sanction: Penalty kick

Last edited:
Sorry Conrad but it was three! When was the last time you saw ANY team leave no one right at the back of a breakdown to allow a player to pick up the ball and walk over??

And maybe 4. I'm sure Australia will be a different side in the semis. Their defence will be like their games against Wales and England.

Australia played very relaxed today, almost like a captain's run, they didn't choose their two 2 top players. Scotland instead was defending the honor of the northern hemisphere, with a madding crowd (mainly Englishmen) supporting them

Look the question really does need an investigation to whether he has cheated. For him to exit the pitch like he did speaks volumes.

WORLD RUGBY came out and said the referee can only use the TMO if there is a suspected infringement, after the game.

(HELLO; IS A PENALTY NOT AN INFRINGEMENT?)

Craig Joubert's inability to refer to the TMO after being asked seven times by Scottish players when he clear seen it was a bad decision via the big screen as it all.

Southern hemisphere bias and if your bias you are a cheat.

World rugby and have no way of getting out of this no matter what excuses they come up with.

This is a professional sport and to be fair it is not acceptable to have decisions that cost teams their right full spot in the semi finals.

Craig Joubert must never referee a game again and there should be a full investigation into his refereeing of this match because a lot was left to be desired.

I do not think the refs are cheats = there was some very good referring in the World Cup to date

Earlier in the competition I feel the underdogs had some pretty tough calls against them and Scotland had a few made in their favour last week

- - - Updated - - -

I do not think the refs are cheats = there was some very good referring in the World Cup to date

Earlier in the competition I feel the underdogs had some pretty tough calls against them and Scotland had a few made in their favour last week

Look the question really does need an investigation to whether he has cheated. For him to exit the pitch like he did speaks volumes.

WORLD RUGBY came out and said the referee can only use the TMO if there is a suspected infringement, after the game.

Craig Joubert's inability to refer to the TMO after being asked seven times by Scottish players when he clear seen it was a bad decision via the big screen as it all.

World rugby and have no way of getting out of this no matter what excuses they come up with.

This is a professional sport and to be fair it is not acceptable to have decisions that cost teams their right full spot in the semi finals.

Craig Joubert must never referee a game again and there should be a full investigation into his refereeing of this match because a lot was left to be desired.

Gidday @Monkeynuts

I have to say I havent quite worked out if you are trolling or not. If you are, just disregard I guess. But my sense is you arent.

So, I wonder if you would give your take on the last penalty? I posted earlier how I saw it and why I think it was the right call (law 11.7). Did you see it differently somehow? If so I'd be interested in your take on it.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Mistake ....yes
Cheat.......no

This thread, and the ***le, isn't becoming of the forum IMHO.

Lets see what World Rugby thinks of Jouberts performance. He did the 2011 final (badly). I'm pretty sure he wont do this years final. He wont get a semi final either.

As far as I can tell you are just wrong here and look to have misunderstood the rules and/or the situation!

Under World Rugby rules, the TMO can only be called into play for:

• Determining the grounding of the ball in goal for a try, and/or whether players were out of the field of play before the grounding;
  • Determining whether a kick at goal has been successful;
  • Confirming an infringement has occurred in the build up to a try or prevention of a try within two phases of the try, and;
  • Considering acts of possible foul play.
The offside ruling does not fall into any category and therefore Joubert's decision on the field stands.

Sorry mate, you are going to have to find a different avenue of attack ;)

Gidday @Monkeynuts

I have to say I havent quite worked out if you are trolling or not. If you are, just disregard I guess. But my sense is you arent.

So, I wonder if you would give your take on the last penalty? I posted earlier how I saw it and why I think it was the right call (law 11.7). Did you see it differently somehow? If so I'd be interested in your take on it.

Cheers

It was accidental offside as it came off pips.

Result being a scrum.

Last edited by a moderator:

That try was insane - not even seen anything like it at amateur level.
Can't remember who it was at left guard position, but the look on his face as Horne(?) waltzed past was a picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts