• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

.:: Damien's WorkShop ::.

D

Damien007

Hello rugby fans!I'm Damien and i am a FIFA editor..i edit fifa for like 3 years from now and i reached a high level on doing it :) in the real life i play rugby for my town rugby team and now i would like to start editing RUGBY 08!:D But first i have some questions to make:

1)What are the textures dimessions?for minikits,flags,logos,adboards etc
2)Are there any importing programs beside the BigGui and FSH?
3)How do i know where to import the edited work?for a specific team,league etc

Now i will show you some of my FIFA editing that i have made lately:

Flags:

Adboards:

Minifaces:

Fonts:

Logos:

Minikits:

These are all thumbnails images!So click on them to see the full quality!:D

This is just a small part of my fifa works :p...Hope to get some answers :D

Nice work Damien, and welcome to the forum. We could really use your skills here.

Rugby 06 and Rugby 08 are much different from Fifa and the other major EA sports games, in the fact that the whole system is different. There are no viv files, it's simply just .fsh and .big with some other files like .xml and .rsg for the text and programming.

To answer your 3 questions..

1)What are the textures dimessions?for minikits,flags,logos,adboards etc

The dimensions vary, but they are usually a mix of 512/256/128/64.. so typically it will be 256x128 for a flag, adboard etc. The smallest you get is 64x64. We use a HD technique that means we can make high-res graphics (x2 is standard, x4 works for kits) so our kits and general graphics look much much sharper and more detailed than the original game.

2)Are there any importing programs beside the BigGui and FSH?

Just the ones you'd use for Fifa, like Dolffin perhaps. All you need is FSHed (not EAGE) and BigGUI to import the .fsh files to .big files. The files all go into the main directory, as in you literally place them there, and it bypasses the data.gob file of the game that runs it. This way is very, very simple.. anyone can make a mod if you place the files in different folders and add it's .exe to run it from desktop.

3)How do i know where to import the edited work?for a specific team,league etc

See above. It all goes in the main directory which is normally C:/Program Files/EA Rugby/EA Sports™ Rugby 08

Ok thnx for the answers mate but at the last question i wanted a different answer :p

I will remake the question:

How do i know for example to import the edited flags of Crusaders to that team?does every team have a specific ID?How can i know them?

You need the download called RugbyGob, which lists all the files in the games database. They are all listed by description, as they don't have names, just numerical filenames. So, whereas on fifa you would have Manchester_logos.big you would have 1234456789101111213.big.

You can get all the downloads you need to make things and for editing on the showcase forum threads.

Hey guys I'm back :p i quited on fifa since it sux to much XD so i decided to start editing Rugby 08 :)

Here are my 1st works for Rugby 08:

France Minikits:
franceaway.png
francehome.png

My own logo style logos,i call them D7 Logos:
bath.png
Leicester_tigers_badge_copy.png
lil.png
Rugby_viadana_badge.png

Leicester Flags:

Munster Flags:

(Click on them to see in HQ)

I'm currently working on a new kit template,hope to finish it soon xD and i will start learning a bit the files since I'm not used to these types of files xD

Wait comments :) Hope you like my work :D

Wow, really nice work. Just one thing though, the flags are the wrong shape, unless you managed to find out something we didn't? They have the 'droop' in the middle, and yours don't. But they are gorgeous. And welcome back from fifa!

Thnx for the comments guys!Hope to get more!xD btw i think tha flags work ingame,but i didnt tried yet the importing stuffs xD ah and a question:

I see that you guys use to replace existing leagues with new leagues etc?Why do you do that?Is because the database is limited or there arent tools to create players,db info etc?

We was doing that, but we have found out how to add 'extra' teams to the game, so we can add about 10 teams i think.

Only 10 teams?So it means that the database has a limit.Cuz for example i'd like to add the Italian Serie A,Romanian League I etc without replacing any of the existing leagues ;)

Btw some new work :)

Generic Adboards:

National Flag Logos:

Click on them to see in HQ :)

My 1st kits for Rugby 08!

New Zealand (All Blacks):

Home:

Away:

*Note that the kits are 1024 x 1024!

I worked up on this new template,i hope its good :) if someone can give a try on it,will be great :D if you found template errors please post here ;) Thnx :)

Oh finalmente un altro Modder Italiano!!
I loghi,le bandiere e i minikits sono fantastici!

Sono buone anche le 2 magliette degli All Blacks...xò sono state gia fatte da Uli...
magari se sei interessato puoi darmi una mano con le nuove magliette dei Teams italiani!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Damien007 @ Oct 2 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My 1st kits for Rugby 08!

New Zealand (All Blacks):

Home:

Away:

*Note that the kits are 1024 x 1024!

I worked up on this new template,i hope its good :) if someone can give a try on it,will be great :D if you found template errors please post here ;) Thnx :)[/b]

:mellow: :huh: :eek: Holy **** :p .That template is freakishly awesome and the quality of the kit looks super-ishly great, superb work! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: .

Will test the kit and give you feedback later, keep up the great work :)

i dont know much about this sort of stuff, but that looks pretty damn good

Holy... :eek: !

I know nothing about graphics or modding, but those kits... the level of detail, the texture... they look SO real!

There's some serious talent in this Forum.

Mi piacerebbe visitare l'Italia di nuovo un giorno di questi! Buona fortuna! ;)

The kits look awesome, but they are too much of a soccer style. I mean, rugby jerseys are much tighter than in football (maybe football players don't have much muscles to show either, eh eh eh) and they are perfectly fit for players' bodies, therefore you won't see all those wrinkles on a rugby shirt.

They certainly look good, but maybe a bit unrealistic for modern rugby jersey shapes.
Would still love to see them in-game and see what is like. Post a in-game shot, when you find time.

Logos and flags are great.

Forza azzurri! Da Christchurch a San Siro...

Latest posts