• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2021/22

Was talking to my brother about the Australian tour. He's convinced Australia will win the series but I'm not so sure. Should be a great series though and I'm expecting Australia to win one test but expect England to get the job done. Hopefully we see a decider in the third test.

That's some list, tbf

Was talking to my brother about the Australian tour. He's convinced Australia will win the series but I'm not so sure. Should be a great series though and I'm expecting Australia to win one test but expect England to get the job done. Hopefully we see a decider in the third test.
It'll be 3-0 and Australia will barely break a sweat, tbf
They're on their way back and we couldn't fight our way out of a paper bag atm

Kinda crazy Atkinson had so much hype from the media in the 6N's/AI's
TBF he has been playing really well for Gloucester, and a large part of it is due to the lack of other options there
I was one of the people who wanted him tried there - but now we've seen it and we don't need to see it again

Last edited:
That's some list, tbf

It'll be 3-0 and Australia will barely break a sweat, tbf
They're on their way back and we couldn't fight out way out of a paper bag atm

TBF he has been playing really well for Gloucester, and a large part of it is due to the lack of other options there
I was one of the people who wanted him tried there - but now we've seen it and we don't need to see it again
Nah, but I understand why you think that with the trajectories of the 2 current teams. I must admit though, after looking at that injury list I think I will put Australia as slight favourites but should still be close. Australia will 100% have to break a sweat.

Just noticed Porter in the squad - really happy with that, he was arguably (for me) Tigers best back in the final, was absolutely everywhere

Just with the added players we won't be as bad as yesterday.

Billy looks back to his best...even better side stepping etc...
Shame for Dombrandt.

But Eddie has to stop f£%KING around trying things and put the tactics in to play. How he wants them to play...and sort that defence out.

Obviously sad Ted Hill isn't involved. Some other curious omissions like Earl and Mitchell among others. Disappointed to see Ewels and May in there

Obviously sad Ted Hill isn't involved. Some other curious omissions like Earl and Mitchell among others. Disappointed to see Ewels and May in there
Eddie just isn't convinced on Ted Hill clearly. I don't know why. He looks the one we need, real brute physicality.

Johnny May I get but I just can't fathom why Ewells continues to be included.....

I remember when this EC cycle started and we had Itoje, Kruis, Lawes, Launchbury as our locks. Now we have Ewels frequently starting... I hope Hill, Chessum, and Isiekwe all do well enough to sideline Ewels completely.

That selection of wings is so flaky that I'm legitimately expecting Marchant and/or Steward to play there.

Furbank is pretty baffling. He's never looked like he cuts it at international level, but I guess he's realistically 4th choice fly half and 3rd choice full back (Freeman one of the few who looked good in the BaaBaas game). We're not hurting much if he's just in the squad, but I'd much rather Steward and Freeman get more caps.

But there's a lot to like there too! Billy being back could be grand, and there's a good amount of inexperienced/less experienced players who could get some game time. I'd love to see Heyes, Isiekwe and Chessum get some decent time, and JVP and Porter are definitely worth a look.

1. Genge, Mako, Rodd (about expected, but worrying at the scrum.)
2. George, Cowan-Dickie, Walker (again expected. Blamire has clearly dropped down the order, but hasn't looked secure at international level)
3. Stuart, Heyes, Schickerling (Think Collier is a little hard done by, been good this season and the whole pack struggled yesterday. Still not sure what he did to get subbed after 25 mins)
4. Itoje, Chessum (Hope Chessum gets some good game time)
5. Hill, Ewels, (Ewels 🤮 while there are other alternatives Jones seems to have 0 interest in playing them. Though Isiekwe should be an option)
6. Lawes, Isiekwe, Willis (For me Isiekwe is more a lock, but hey ho. Can't complain and Lawes and Willis)
7. Curry, Underhill, Ludlam (Again no real complaints. I think Ludlum deserves it over Hill based of Saints performances this year)
8. Billy, (Back to form, hopefully looks good again. Still think T.Willis is unlucky and possibly chick should be touring as an alternative)
9: Randall, Care, JVP (Assume Care is Jones's way of going, "Oh ****, I haven't got any experience at 9. Hopefully JVP will get a look in, but I'm not expecting it)
10. Smith, Furbank (Furbank is a waste of a selection if it's to cover 10. He's not good enough for international level)
11. May (Along with Coka and Nowell, the 3 wings who look most out of form and between them seem to successfully butcher breaks and try scoring opportunities with poor decisions. Really disappointed by these selections and other young wings like OHC deserve a chance to add something to the England attack)
12. Farrell, Porter (Porter deserves is after a good season, hopefully can make an impact or even gets a chance. Farrell...well let's hope he looks better than in previous games, which shouldn't be hard)
13. Marchant, Dingwall, Joseph (I can see Nowell playing centre more than Dingwall or Joseph. Hope they get a chance but...)
14. Cokanasiga, Nowell (See may)
15. Steward, Freeman, Arundell (Probably the most exciting picks of the squad, let's hope Freeman or Arundell get time on the wing with Steward at FB)

Overall nothing really unexpected. As I said I still think selection is largely irrelevant with a coach who can't get all his players singing from the same hymn sheet and looks pretty clueless.

I reckon Collier was injured in the semi but they wanted to see if he was ready - his arm was mummified when the game started and he did eventually leave the pitch fully injured in the 2nd half with us having to play a loosehead at tighthead (so not like we were just taking him off to try things)

1. Genge, Mako, Rodd (about expected, but worrying at the scrum.)
2. George, Cowan-Dickie, Walker (again expected. Blamire has clearly dropped down the order, but hasn't looked secure at international level)
3. Stuart, Heyes, Schickerling (Think Collier is a little hard done by, been good this season and the whole pack struggled yesterday. Still not sure what he did to get subbed after 25 mins)
4. Itoje, Chessum (Hope Chessum gets some good game time)
5. Hill, Ewels, (Ewels 🤮 while there are other alternatives Jones seems to have 0 interest in playing them. Though Isiekwe should be an option)
6. Lawes, Isiekwe, Willis (For me Isiekwe is more a lock, but hey ho. Can't complain and Lawes and Willis)
7. Curry, Underhill, Ludlam (Again no real complaints. I think Ludlum deserves it over Hill based of Saints performances this year)
8. Billy, (Back to form, hopefully looks good again. Still think T.Willis is unlucky and possibly chick should be touring as an alternative)
9: Randall, Care, JVP (Assume Care is Jones's way of going, "Oh ****, I haven't got any experience at 9. Hopefully JVP will get a look in, but I'm not expecting it)
10. Smith, Furbank (Furbank is a waste of a selection if it's to cover 10. He's not good enough for international level)
11. May (Along with Coka and Nowell, the 3 wings who look most out of form and between them seem to successfully butcher breaks and try scoring opportunities with poor decisions. Really disappointed by these selections and other young wings like OHC deserve a chance to add something to the England attack)
12. Farrell, Porter (Porter deserves is after a good season, hopefully can make an impact or even gets a chance. Farrell...well let's hope he looks better than in previous games, which shouldn't be hard)
13. Marchant, Dingwall, Joseph (I can see Nowell playing centre more than Dingwall or Joseph. Hope they get a chance but...)
14. Cokanasiga, Nowell (See may)
15. Steward, Freeman, Arundell (Probably the most exciting picks of the squad, let's hope Freeman or Arundell get time on the wing with Steward at FB)

Overall nothing really unexpected. As I said I still think selection is largely irrelevant with a coach who can't get all his players singing from the same hymn sheet and looks pretty clueless.
I thinkg EJ will go experienced as possible in first test, somthing like

Genge George Stuart
Itoje Hill
Underhill Billy Curry
Care Smith
Faz Marchant
Freeman Steward May

Mako LCD Schickerling Lawes Willis Randall Nowell Arendall/Big Joe

Genge George Stuart
Itoje Hill
Underhill Billy Curry
Care Smith
Faz Marchant
Freeman Steward May
Lawes will be at 6.

Genge George Stuart
Itoje Hill
Underhill Billy Curry
Care Smith
Faz Marchant
Freeman Steward May

Heyes has to be in front of Schickerling. With Hill just coming back from injury I think he will go with lawes as lock and Hill on bench. But the rest I pretty much agree with.

Heyes has to be in front of Schickerling. With Hill just coming back from injury I think he will go with lawes as lock and Hill on bench. But the rest I pretty much agree with.
I agree at prop tbh but not lock, i think he will want to get gametime into Hill and he links him.

Again, I don't know what to think about some of these selections.
Ewels is baffling, as is the total obsession with Furbank ! Him covering 10 is pretty scary, to be honest.

Just looking forward to the day when we say goodbye to EJ ( and I never wanted him as Coach in the first place so I've not jumped on the bandwagon )

Chessum will cement a starting place this tour.
Tizard should be going aswell.

I notice no Malins...

I think Lozowski is another that should have been looked at again...class, rock solid defence and plays 12!

Latest posts