• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2021/22

Chessum will cement a starting place this tour.
Tizard should be going aswell.

I notice no Malins...

I think Lozowski is another that should have been looked at again...class, rock solid defence and plays 12!
I agree on Chessum but i dont on Tizard, not because i dont think he is good enough or worth a shot but more we dont have time, Hill coming back from injury so needs time, EJ thinks the sun shines from Ewels' a** and Itoje will start everything also Lawes is a quality lock too.

Its getting to late to take too many new players pre WC, invest in chessum to add to what we have.

At 12 i have no idea what we should do, look at him or him, no one stands out, Kelly Ojomoh are young and a risk, atkinson and Loz ive never thought are up to international level. And manu is made of glass. Who else is there...Slade is a 13 and Faz is 10. 12 is an issue.

Back Three we have Steward Freeman with Arendall who is the wild card. Wing we seem to regressing to experience because we havnt developed the others enough.

The rebuild was a year to late, and weve tried to many players and not developed enough players and have a terrible coaching set up atm that makes it all worse.

Im actually worried.

I agree on Chessum but i dont on Tizard, not because i dont think he is good enough or worth a shot but more we dont have time, Hill coming back from injury so needs time, EJ thinks the sun shines from Ewels' a** and Itoje will start everything also Lawes is a quality lock too.

Its getting to late to take too many new players pre WC, invest in chessum to add to what we have.

At 12 i have no idea what we should do, look at him or him, no one stands out, Kelly Ojomoh are young and a risk, atkinson and Loz ive never thought are up to international level. And manu is made of glass. Who else is there...Slade is a 13 and Faz is 10. 12 is an issue.

Back Three we have Steward Freeman with Arendall who is the wild card. Wing we seem to regressing to experience because we havnt developed the others enough.

The rebuild was a year to late, and weve tried to many players and not developed enough players and have a terrible coaching set up atm that makes it all worse.

Im actually worried.
I think Dan Kelly would have toured if he was fit. He's looking a very good 12.

Ironically there's about 4 or 5 young 12s coming through but not for this WC.

To be fair though I hate this building for a WC thing. Just always put your best team out...and try to win every tournament. Evolve the team as you go..not revolution every 4 years.

It's baffling EJ hasn't looked at Loz considering how much he loves versatile players
Or maybe loved. No Malins or Daly either.

The culled players creeping back in. George was virtually immediate, now the Vunipolae.

Last edited:

Him out till November earliest I reckon, potentially to the new year
Thank You Sarcastic Pop Tv GIF by Big Brother After Dark

November's optimistic.

6 months minimum - which puts him around Christmas.
9 months predicted - which puts him towards the end of the 6N.
12 months if he tries to rush things too much - which puts him probably missing the RWC.

That's for mere mortals though, professional athletes, of course, have better rehab and better adherence; but equally, they need to be be able to put more stress through the tissue - which tends to balance things out a little, but makes these estimates more fluffy for a therapist of mere mortals.

Just realised we never placed bets on who would get injured in training. Dombrandt was first I think. I'd say Willis is a risk.

Oooh nasty.
I had an Achilles rupture years ago. It's left me disabled as I developed a condition because of it.
My Physio was intense and very painful. I feel for him :(

The squad has apparently been told who'll be captain but it's a bit weird that the rest of the world hasn't been let in on the secret.

Don't get why he's playing games, it's just going to be Farrell with Lawes and Curry as vice captains
(and probably a couple more official-but-never-actually-in-line-to-be-captain vice captains too - I think LCD was a vice captain during the 6N? - so maybe he'll say Farrell is captain, Genge, LCD, Lawes, Curry are senior leadership team or something)

Don't get why he's playing games.
''Twas ever thus….Eddie being Eddie……etc.

Times seems to think Lawes is getting the gig.

If right, mixed feelings on that. Right to move on from Fazlet, but while Lawes has huge respect and experience he doesn't strike me as a natural galvanising leader of men. But then we circle back, yet again, to who else?

EDIT. Maybe Genge's time has come now that he seems to have nailed down the starting shirt. He definitely seems to have something about him.

Last edited:
I'd go for Lawes as well tbh - like you said: doesn't really seem like that special of a captain but he's probably done the best of any we've had since Hartley

Mentioned before (possibly early on in this thread) but we have a lot of leaders but no real captaincy candidates.

Isn't it great when our selection is based on who is the least ****.

Keen to hear your thoughts on prospects?

As an Aussie I'd be happy with snapping the losing streak and going 1 from 3. Wouldn't be that shocked by a white wash though.

Well if you read this thread, we're absolutely rubbish and you'll easily wipe the floor with us.

My feelings on Eddie Jones are mixed. I'll start by saying that I hate the way we've playing recently and that I was thoroughly embarrassed by our showing last weekend. I also think he should have gone after the RWC, but we are where we are.

With all that said, I don't think there's that much I'd have changed in this squad and I still feel that we're not that far off 'clicking'.

This tour could be make or break. If we come out of it with a tour win (I don't see us winning more than 2 at the most), it could be the catalyst we need to get back on track and have a good build up to the RWC. If we perform badly, the pressure on Eddie will be unbearable. A 3-0 win for Australia might even lead to him getting the chop.

Latest posts