• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2021/22

Kinda wondering who are the tall english locks coming through? the 6ft 7+ who are just starting in the league or on the cusp.

Hadn't read the whole article cause cba buying it.
I know Cockers is cockers, but let's be real Edinburgh needed something like that, and I feel that Barclay is trying to spin what it was at that time because he didn't play a big part in it's growth.

times certainly have a bee in their bonnet about the England coaches now though.

Barclay has always sounded like a bitter ex about Cockers

He wanted to keep playing, Cockers didn't renew his contract - he subsequently retired.
Probably blames the angry Englishman for killing his career

Basically seems to be these coaches didn't pick me so therefore their methods are bad.
I get it.
But same time a balance needs to happen. Cockers turned Edinburgh from the ugly step child of scottish rugby to the top scottish team for a bit, His methods might not be for everyone but he got the rsults for a reason.

Haskell sort of mentions the other side in his Telegraph pieces from his book.
Got on well with Eddie but found Lancaster was all gimmicks

Seeing Farrell is isolating due to a positive COVID test. Might be a false positive but if he doesn't play who's the skipper? My bet is Curry or Maro but could Genge be a left field pick?

Sorry guys but who comes into 23 rather than capt is most important.
Smith comes in at 10 a given Furbank a given off bench back 3 replacement called up I'm not his fan but Daly if fit would have been 1 mallins if fit 2 , mallender if fit 3 Goode could have been 4 but now down to a guess. So let's guess who's in.

Smith comes in at 10 a given Furbank a given off bench back 3 replacement called up I'm not his fan but Daly if fit would have been 1 mallins if fit 2 , mallender if fit 3 Goode could have been 4 but now down to a guess. So let's guess who's in.
Mallinder ? Are you serious ? He's in Japan anyway !

Daly and Malins both injured
Doubt they'll call anyone up unless Farrell is real bad, and if he is it'll just be Ford coming into the squad

I mean yeah, whoever comes into the 23 if Faz is for sure out is important/interesting, but Faz's captaincy has been highly criticized and with no Ford in the 23, who has generally been a vice captain I believe, who gets the nod as captain?

Mallinder ? Are you serious ? He's in Japan anyway !
Lol I'm not suggesting just adding utility backs read what I posted I'm a chronic Dyslexic but hopefully should be easy to understand

I mean yeah, whoever comes into the 23 if Faz is for sure out is important/interesting, but Faz's captaincy has been highly criticized and with no Ford in the 23, who has generally been a vice captain I believe, who gets the nod as captain?
Itoje seems hugely obvious candidate

Itoje seems hugely obvious candidate
The 3 vice captains are Genge, Curry and Lawes.

If either Genge or Curry are seen as potential long term sucessors as skipper it would make sense to be one of them. Genge has done well at Leicester but with Marler around he's not a guaranteed starter, so Curry would be my guess.

The 3 vice captains are Genge, Curry and Lawes.

If either Genge or Curry are seen as potential long term sucessors as skipper it would make sense to be one of them. Genge has done well at Leicester but with Marler around he's not a guaranteed starter, so Curry would be my guess.
Non make sense but at EJ doesn't.

Latest posts