• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2021/22

Back to the rugby....

For the 6n...does anyone expect anything other than this....?

1 Marler
2 LCD
3 Sinkler
4 Itoje
5 Hill
6 Lawes
7 Underhill
8 Curry

9 Youngs
10 Smith
11 May
12 Farrell
13 Slade
14 Malins
15 Steward

Nope, think that will be it.

Yeah, all feels pretty set in stone,

Possible changes:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Binny back at 8,

I know Farrell is due back for the 6N but it's a bit of a race against time, especially as he's recovering from ankle surgery so his fitness will have taken a hit - if he's even halfway fit he'll start though

Marchant on the wing is a possibility as well (maybe even a Malins/Marchant wing partnership? Depends how much credit in the bank May is still chipping away at)

Agreed. That feels like a very likely starting XV.

I also wouldn't be massively surprised to see Billy back and TBH, even if it's not my preferred solution, it's still better than wasting Curry at 8.

We'll find out next week, as Chiefs are away at Montpellier

But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he's gotten himself an exemption - he claims his skepticism is because he has diabetes, so I imagine it's not hard to get a slip of paper from a doctor saying you're not getting it until there are long term studies into it's effects on people with diabetes

We'll find out next week, as Chiefs are away at Montpellier

But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he's gotten himself an exemption - he claims his skepticism is because he has diabetes, so I imagine it's not hard to get a slip of paper from a doctor saying you're not getting it until there are long term studies into it's effects on people with diabetes
Absolutely - but the follow-up question would be whether France would accept that - given that Macron is actively trying to clamp down on the anti-vaxxers at the moment (largely for political reasons, but it's still the case).
I would suspect that France will have a shorter list of "valid medical exemptions" that's unlikely to allow for "I need long-term studies first"

BTW this page number

Approve South Park GIF

I thought with Slade that it was more that he'd reacted badly to other vaccines in the past. Unless potentially serious side effects you'd have thought he'd have been willing to suffer a bit of discomfort for the bigger picture.

I'll scream very loudly if Curry is named at 8 and only turn down the volume a notch if Binny is. Smith and Dombrandt gel so well at club level that it would make huge sense for them both to play, although you can see the possibility that neither start.

England are expected to name a expanded 32 man squad for up coming 6 nations and here is my squad.
1) Marler, Genge, Mako
2) LCD, George, Balmire
3) sinckler, Collier, Stuart
4/5/6) Hill, Itoje, Lawes, Isiekwe, Martin
7) Curry, underhill
8) Dombrandt, Billy, Simmonds
9) Youngs, Quirke
10) Smith, Ford
12/13) Farrell, Manu, Slade, Marchant
11/14/15) May, Radwan, Malins, Daly, Steward
Injury cover
Randell = Quirke, Atkinson = Farrell, Kelly = Manu.

Will probably play curry at 8 now and then just drop Dombrant into the WC without sufficient experience as he's done previously.

England are expected to name a expanded 32 man squad for up coming 6 nations and here is my squad.
1) Marler, Genge, Mako
2) LCD, George, Balmire
7) Curry, underhill
9) Youngs, Quirke
10) Smith, Ford
Injury cover
Would definitely like to see Isiekwe and Martin involved.

Always been a big fan of Isiekwe - a lock who can play 6 in my book.

When Martin was originally picked I had to Google him, but he's definitely got something. I suspect he'll more likely turn out as an old school 6 who can cover lock.

1) Marler, Genge, Mako
2) LCD, George, Balmire
7) Curry, underhill
9) Youngs, Quirke
10) Smith, Ford
Injury cover
Big fat no to Atkinson imo

Back three is the hardest to predict. First choice is probably 11) May, 15) Steward and 14) Daly, but reserves could be any two of Radwan, Malins, Nowell, Cokanasiga, plus Watson anywhere including starting if he gets fit.

Back three is the hardest to predict. First choice is probably 11) May, 15) Steward and 14) Daly, but reserves could be any two of Radwan, Malins, Nowell, Cokanasiga, plus Watson anywhere including starting if he gets fit.
Marchant def ahead of Nowell and Coka, probably ahead of Radwan imo

Realistically May and Radwan are competing against each other, whilst the rest are competing against everyone else

Ross Harrison is 29 and has only played non-international games for England
What about Beaumont? Is he not 29 either or has he never played for England?

6 Nations talk… I'm quietly optimistic / excited for this years 6 Nations although I suspect that will change once the squad is announced

Cokanasiga is injured and wasn't playing well even when he was fit.

Marchant is absolutely in the mix for a spot on the wing.

Latest posts