• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2021/22

but you've had years and years to groom an understudy. Nobody to blame but yourselves if you can slot in a replacement centre or captain at the drop of a hat.
Actually it's Jones to blame. We've talked for years about building depth. A perfect example is 9. For the last few years we've had...Youngs. We've spoken about developing depth there and yet consistently Jones has stuck with Youngs and everyone else gets a handful of caps and is then discarded. For some reason Jones has a few favourite, undroppable players and it's annoying as hell.

Farrell is not mentally 'hard' at all. He constantly loses his cool and falls apart on the pitch.
Hard headed - a bit thick, is how I've always viewed him. JARLC - just another rugby league convert.

His gameplay is hardly one of subtlety and intrigue - a tackle-bag approach. Not too smart, but can lift heavy things.

His disciplinary record, alone, would see him dropped from any consideration over here. I guess you're really strapped for talent.
Is his disciplinary record really that bad?
He's no angel, sure, but he's not the worst

Wouldn't have thought an all blacks fan would say he was muck, anyway, considering he was linchpin in our two best wins over you

JARLC - just another rugby league convert.
Is he, though?
He's been playing solely union since he was 13, not like he converted when he was 30

Last edited:
Actually it's Jones to blame. We've talked for years about building depth. A perfect example is 9. For the last few years we've had...Youngs. We've spoken about developing depth there and yet consistently Jones has stuck with Youngs and everyone else gets a handful of caps and is then discarded. For some reason Jones has a few favourite, undroppable players and it's annoying as hell.
Yeah, for the last 50 years I've heard talk about English desires to build depth.

When are you going to get onto that?

You had a crack with a kiwi coach once - but he wasn't exactly the pick of the bunch. Maybe give Hansen a shout - he's got time on his hands. You're wasting your time with Eddie the Lip.

Is his disciplinary record really that bad?
He's no angel, sure, but he's not the worst

Wouldn't have thought an all blacks fan would say he was muck, anyway, considering he was linchpin in our two best wins over you

Is he, though?
He's been playing solely union since he was 13, not like he converted when he was 30
Yes, it really is - he's a thug off the field and when caught on the field, invariably gets a pass because too long bans might get in the way of his time wearing white..

I can't imagine any AB that's been arrested, charged and convicted for assaulting a couple of female coppers would ever see a provincial jersey again, let alone the black.

As to the league convert, he's a product of generations of league in-breeding. He runs at opposition like a league player, hits like a league player, kicks like it's the fifth tackle. I don't see the kinds of silky skills antipodean first-fives bring.

His main skillset seems to be fitness and an ability to hit oppositions like a hammer.

He's 5th in the list of points scored in international matches. Is that exceptional, or are you saying that could be higher if he hadn't missed 75% of his kicks?
That has as much to do with how long you're in the seat as anything else.

If he's the go-to kicker, all the time, and you play a lot of games, and your strategy is to kick a lot, it stands to reason you will gain a lot of points.

He has played three more games than St Jonny, but has 175-odd points less. He has played 24 games more than Dominguez, for fifty points more, he has played 13 games more than Jenkins for 20 points less.

At those levels if you kick more than you run, you will get more kicking points, or do you really think he's a better player than O'Gara?

Yes, it really is - he's a thug off the field and when caught on the field, invariably gets a pass because too long bans might get in the way of his time wearing white..

I can't imagine any AB that's been arrested, charged and convicted for assaulting a couple of female coppers would ever see a provincial jersey again, let alone the black.

As to the league convert, he's a product of generations of league in-breeding. He runs at opposition like a league player, hits like a league player, kicks like it's the fifth tackle. I don't see the kinds of silky skills antipodean first-fives bring.

His main skillset seems to be fitness and an ability to hit oppositions like a hammer.
Vine Ok GIF

You have chosen the life of the WUM, I guess

Don't forget Frizell and Savea
Neither was convicted, Savea wasn't even charged.

If we're only going to count arrests, most national teams would be scratching for players.

Don't you see multiple arrests, charges and convictions for assaulting members of the public, and the police, as any different to not being charged or convicted?

Frizell attacked a man and slapped and punched a woman during a late night incident on May 9, 2021. He also sent an abusive social media message to a friend of one of the victims. "F*** you b**** tell your friend to hide I'm gonna f*** everyone's up f*** with the wrong guy," it read. A conviction was not recorded after he pled guilty and completed Police diversion.
From his wiki - sounds like special treatment getting off with a course because he's famous, then straight back into the "no ********" All Blacks

Would rather just talk about the Six Nations than this nonsense though tbh

He's been primary kicker over a tier 1 side for a decade.
That does more to confirm my point than refute it.

I didn't say he missed 75% of his kicks.

He's an 80% kicker which is pretty unremarkable, and he's no more likely to take more difficult kicks than anyone else.

IIRC the last time Farrell had a better kicking percentage than Ford was Ford's first full season when he was still getting the yips.
Or there's that site that ranks kickers by percentage and difficulty of kicks attempted to give a ranking, which gives the best idea.
Farrell is utterly unremarkable as a frontline kicker, yet it's made out to be an iceman, best of the best, it's a shock when he misses
Eddie says a lot that proves to be bs, tbf.

How is a player coming from playing full-time professional rugby in one of the most competitive leagues in the world still under-done when it comes to pressure? If they are really that effected by newspapers, there's a lot of work for sports psychologists in England.

The difference between club and country should be all about quality of opposition and game tempo, not column-inches. If you're that effected by the media, you're not emotionally suitable to play in the big league

Eddie says a lot that proves to be bs, tbf.

How is a player coming from playing full-time professional rugby in one of the most competitive leagues in the world still under-done when it comes to pressure? If they are really that effected by newspapers, there's a lot of work for sports psychologists in England.

The difference between club and country should be all about quality of opposition and game tempo, not column-inches. If you're that effected by the media, you're not emotionally suitable to play in the big lea

Yeah, for the last 50 years I've heard talk about English desires to build depth.

When are you going to get onto that?

You had a crack with a kiwi coach once - but he wasn't exactly the pick of the bunch. Maybe give Hansen a shout - he's got time on his hands. You're wasting your time with Eddie the Lip.
As coach, Eddie the Lip has had more success against NZ than any other coach

That has as much to do with how long you're in the seat as anything else.

If he's the go-to kicker, all the time, and you play a lot of games, and your strategy is to kick a lot, it stands to reason you will gain a lot of points.

He has played three more games than St Jonny, but has 175-odd points less. He has played 24 games more than Dominguez, for fifty points more, he has played 13 games more than Jenkins for 20 points less.

At those levels if you kick more than you run, you will get more kicking points, or do you really think he's a better player than O'Gara?
Where did you read the bit that I said that he's a better player than O'Gara?

Latest posts