• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2021/22

I know Lawes captained in the Autumn and Curry's doing the media but the noises seem to suggest Jones is thinking more and more of Itoje as a leader.

He was also one of the organisers (with Furbank) of a Q&A session with Jess Ennis-Hill on managing expectations. Being the class act she is (I'm a long term fan!) we'll probably never find out what she thought of Jones getting her name wrong. Trivial in the overall scheme of things but a bit crass and disrespectful.

I agree, although it kind of depends on whether it was slightly wrong like scrambling it to Jessica Hill-Ennis, or spectacularly wrong like a whole other person's name.

I agree, although it kind of depends on whether it was slightly wrong like scrambling it to Jessica Hill-Ennis, or spectacularly wrong like a whole other person's name.
Well he's publicly called himself a dodo on the back of it so I'm guessing at a reasonable mangle.

I know Lawes captained in the Autumn and Curry's doing the media but the noises seem to suggest Jones is thinking more and more of Itoje as a leader.

He was also one of the organisers (with Furbank) of a Q&A session with Jess Ennis-Hill on managing expectations. Being the class act she is (I'm a long term fan!) we'll probably never find out what she thought of Jones getting her name wrong. Trivial in the overall scheme of things but a bit crass and disrespectful.
I'm younger than Jones and get people's names wrong all the time. I'm sure her ego wasn't too damaged

I see the 6n will trial a new scrum law where the hooker must have one foot placed during the crouch and bind phase of the scrum....

Interesting. I wasn't even aware of the issue there, but every article seems to assume I know what axial loading is so it's either a common thing that's passed me by or all the journos have copy-pasted the same source.

If it reduces injuries I'm all for it.

Scrums will remain a joke until the feed goes in relatively straight to the hookers foot.
At the moment its closer to the #8

Scrums will remain a joke until the feed goes in relatively straight to the hookers foot.
At the moment its closer to the #8
A squint feed got pinged in (if memory serves) an opening 6n game about 2 years ago and I really hoped it was a new directive. But nope, that remains the only one I've seen get peeped

Interesting. I wasn't even aware of the issue there, but every article seems to assume I know what axial loading is so it's either a common thing that's passed me by or all the journos have copy-pasted the same source.

If it reduces injuries I'm all for it.
The hooker's feet should be behind the imaginary line between the opposing front rows before the 9 puts the ball into a scrum. This means that the hooker isn't in the best position to protect himself from the opposing props if they turn in to turn his body position. By allowing the hooker to have one foot forward, this allows the hooker to position himself better to prevent his body from being turned.

I see Lynagh and Radwan added as Marchant has covid and Freeman out with hamstring injury

Locking this until the end of the 6N so we don't end up discussing the same topics in multiple places

Use:

These bits stand out to me with the RFU statement:
Eddie Jones is building a new England team
The RFU continues to fully support Eddie [...] and the progress to rebuild a winning England team

They're making it sound like he's just parachuted into the side to quickly build up to the world cup, rather than being in charge for 7 years
Obviously there'll be transitional periods in squads, but they're completely writing off his failure to plan for the future/bring through replacements/build adequate depth in key positions over the past 3-7 years

Eddie's here till the RWC, no way they'll get rid of him 18months out so might as well accept the chaos of selection until then.

What are peoples hopes for the Australia tour? I kind of want to see a France style tour with a multitude of debutants and guys with 1-10 caps really tested away against a tier 1 side. However I don't think Eddie will go quite that far (might be similar to the SA tour in 18 with some guys rested but majority of the efforts choice team taken). Also it might be too late to experiment that widely since we're 18 months away from the start of the RWC.

Anyway, would like to see as a mix up with some guys rested so something like:

Genge, George, Stuart, Isiekwe, Hill, J Willis, Curry, Dombrandt
Randall, Smith, Cokanasiga, Kelly, Slade, Radwan, Steward
Subs: Blamire, Rodd, Heyes, Chessum, Barbeary, Quirke, Farrell, Marchant

Let guys like Itoje/Sinckler/Lawes sit the tour out.

The problem with the Australia tour is they are in pretty poor shape themselves, it'll be really hard to judge anything useful from it unless we **** the bed.

Latest posts