• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v Wales

<div class='quotemain'>
I don't think Wales will fear Scotland next week after this match. It doesn't look good for our Grand Slam chances though, France are really playing well.
[/b]

One win against a very woeful England and now Wales are in the running for the Grand Slam eh?
[/b][/quote]
Against a Scotland team that are in a shambles at the moment, an Italian side at home, and a struggling Ireland away, the only team that we have to fear is France. And a good win against "the ol' enemy" at Twickenham for the first time in twenty years looks to give us good momentum into our next two home games.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
I don't think Wales will fear Scotland next week after this match. It doesn't look good for our Grand Slam chances though, France are really playing well.
[/b]

One win against a very woeful England and now Wales are in the running for the Grand Slam eh?
[/b][/quote]
Against a Scotland team that are in a shambles at the moment, an Italian side at home, and a struggling Ireland away, the only team that we have to fear is France. And a good win against "the ol' enemy" at Twickenham for the first time in twenty years looks to give us good momentum into our next two home games.
[/b][/quote]

Granted, but I'd still be worried about your performance at Twickers regardless of the great result. France are the only team who look on form at the moment. The Ireland game will be interesting, it's a matter of whoever finds form first. Italy will still be hard, Scotland are already done. So yeah, France and Ireland are going to be huge for Wales me thinks.

Maybe I was a bit hasty in thinking a Grand Slam is almost guaranteed, but I think we've got just a good a chance as France and Ireland. Admittedly, France will be favourites with the two hard games in Paris, and on current form (and with Clerc of course) they certainly should be.
I'm gonna back them all the way though, Gatland has seen our problems in that game, and will now have two games to get it right, and pick a final team for the Ireland match.
Vive les Gallois!

Maybe I was a bit hasty in thinking a Grand Slam is almost guaranteed, but I think we've got just a good a chance as France and Ireland. Admittedly, France will be favourites with the two hard games in Paris, and on current form (and with Clerc of course) they certainly should be.
I'm gonna back them all the way though, Gatland has seen our problems in that game, and will now have two games to get it right, and pick a final team for the Ireland match.
Vive les Gallois! [/b]

I agree with Speedy. Wales do have a chance. All sides in the 6N are capable of playing poorly, so every match is a chance for a win. Wales were poor against England, but when Henson's kick won the game 3 years ago, it was imo a fairly ordinary performance. The result however was enough to generate the confidence to catapult the side to a grand slam. The win over England whilst not a great performance for the most part will have given the squad no end of confidence.

Some may laugh at this talk of grand slams, and I don't for a minute think we'll get one, but if that irrational belief hadn't existed in 2005 the team probably wouldn't have gone on to win it. Looking back at that game against England in 05 there was nothing there to suggest we'd win every match.

I see Wales losing at Croke park, unless Ireland really make a balls of things, and against France in Cradiff. Scotland will be desperate to make amends next week but after beating England the crowd is really going to be with Wales. So 3rd place to Wales is my prediction.

<div class='quotemain'> its a pretty c***ish thing to say i think

that england lost it

soooo f***ing disrespectful

and oozez of someone whose just a bit of a soar loose really.

england aint as good as you think, they didnt f***ing loose it, we won the f***ing game 26-19 [/b]

How do you account for the neutral supporters saying the same thing? If you actually read most of what has been posted, it is English members lambasting their own players. I'm not sure I've seen one person taking anything away from Wales.

However, as Gatland has come out and publically stated today, one victory does not mean Wales' own problems have suddenly disappeared. Just as an English victory wouldn't have alleviated the 4 or 5 years of utter **** we've had to put up with.
[/b][/quote]

Precisely. You are entitled to your opinion about what i've said here, and yes i do think its more England losing it rather than Wales winning. Saying that, i'm not bitter about the result. If England would of had some miracle come back then I would have considered the victory hollow as we were so dismal in the second half.

Bitter? Hardly. Devastated by our performance and letting Wales back in the game? Incredibly.

its a pretty c***ish thing to say i think

that england lost it

soooo f***ing disrespectful

and oozez of someone whose just a bit of a soar loose really.

england aint as good as you think, they didnt f***ing loose it, we won the f***ing game 26-19 [/b]

Lora, seriously, please, for the love of god don't kick off. Neither I nor RC can protect you and you know full well what'll happen?

Anyway, its great that buried under the ton of utter manure, nobody has commented on what some former England guys had to think about their teams' loss. Cheers Lora, high five mate.

Anyway, its great that buried under the ton of utter manure, nobody has commented on what some former England guys had to think about their teams' loss. Cheers Lora, high five mate.
[/b]

Just waiting for the tabloids to pick it up :p
I know it's tempting but personally I wouldn't be passing on anything I was told after a game by ex-players, ****** with the current team or not. There's an unspoken off-the-record nature to it where they can be indiscreet and not have to worry about what people will think.
Nothing against you personally; just a possible reason why no-one has commented on it.

Nah, I'm just going to go with the original explanation. I think you'd have to explain that very slowly with half of the guys on here..

Wales: 15 Lee Byrne (Ospreys), 14 Mark Jones (Scarlets), 13 Sonny Parker (Ospreys), 12 Gavin Henson (Ospreys), 11 Shane Williams (Ospreys), 10 James Hook (Ospreys), 9 Mike Phillips (Ospreys), 8 Ryan Jones © (Ospreys), 7 Martyn Williams (Cardiff Blues), 6 Jonathan Thomas (Ospreys), 5 Ian Gough (Ospreys), 4 Alun Wyn-Jones (Ospreys), 3 Duncan Jones (Ospreys), 2 Huw Bennett (Ospreys), 1 Adam Jones (Ospreys).
Replacements: M Rees (Llanelli Scarlets), G Jenkins (Cardiff Blues), I Evans (Ospreys), A Popham (Llanelli Scarlets), G Cooper (Gloucester), S Jones (Llanelli Scarlets), T Shanklin (Cardiff Blues).

A joke side really! I dont care what Gatlan has decided! On the radio they said that they picked a bulk Osprey side because they play the rush defence, and thats the way they want Wales to play. Im sorry but that is a f***in joke! Sorry but Gethin Jenkins and Tom Shanklin should be very upset with this, Gatlan has made a mistake by not picking them!

Wales to lose to England by 20 points!
[/b]
bet you feel daft now >??

Latest posts