• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v Wales

ohh sorry i fell asleep... now what was i doing, oh yea I was thinking about something, but what was it?.....oh yea I got it now.. 19 - <span style="font-family:Arial Black">26</span>.
Cancer? are you talking about Balshaw now or just the Englan team in general?

ah the old England - Wales argument in full flow I see :p Simple fact was - England's game plan just went to pot second half, Wales took advantage of that, got 2 tries through rubbish defense. Good way to win a game if you ask me. What the hell is this talk of a Grandslam? We were utter sh*t first half, and were incredibly lucky to win. Still deserved the win because of the fact we just kept going and didn't give up, and I gotta say, I was impressed by our fitness.

But man do we have a lot to work on, Scotland aren't gonna just roll over for us, and can, and probably will give us more than a run for a money. We've seriously gotta make sure the line-out is secure for the Italy game, they have an awesome line-out, and can seriously put massive pressure on us if they dominate in that area.

And that's not even mentioning the huge task we have in Ireland away and France at home.

i agree, the ireland and france games will be tricky. having said that, i think we can take advantage of a fairly inexperienced french team at home. ireland are on the up - it's the only way that they can realisticly go to be fair lol.

Ok, i hate not being around this forum for a few days, especially when we win like this because hundreds of comments fly in and i can't be arsed to read them.
So me two cents:

- Great result for wales.
- England played VERY WELL in the first half and scared me consistently with some threatening runs (Strettle makes me cack myself)
- Wilkinson's flying arm was clumsy - no malice.
- I'm so thankful England blew their handful of chances for what seemed like close-to-certain tries.
- It's nice to be right about Mike Phillips.
- Henson made a few cock ups but also made some plays ("that break" in particular) which showed him to be - showing more and more hints of his 2005 standard.
- ONCE AGAIN Wales didn't show up for the first half (echo's from the world cup, anyone?)
- We should be proud, but we all know (with hindsight) that the score at half time proved one thing:

WE WERE LUCKY.

We've got to pick up our game for next week because Scotland could do what they did to us last year...

Essentially bang on RC. Although the way Phillips was farting about, I have to disagree there. I would hate to be the fly-half simply sitting there back in the pocket like a tool while Mike Phillips is poncing about with the forwards on his own personal mission.

Fact is England lost it not Wales won it. No question.

Anyone who believes otherwise is either blind or is disillusioned. Wales were not good - the Hook/Henson partnership was not good for 90% of the game, the one time they linked up seems to have given a lot of wales' fans overconfidence! Fact is they play like they did this week next week and they'll be beaten. Gatland may appear pleased by the result but I bet he's fuming by their performance. England weren't good in the last 25 but honestly I don't reckon that Wales did anything special.

Well i was there, and th crowd should be ashamed of themselves! - Just how quiet was it? Wasn't just the English team that threw it away, it was the crowd too.

Wales were lucky, but deserved to win it, just for hanging in there. Very, very poor.

Essentially bang on RC. Although the way Phillips was farting about, I have to disagree there. I would hate to be the fly-half simply sitting there back in the pocket like a tool while Mike Phillips is poncing about with the forwards on his own personal mission. [/b]

I would have agreed with you on Saturday, but having watched the game again yesterday I have to disagree. Mike Phillips was constantly dragged into the rucks to make sure Wales kept the ball, he decided it was better to secure the ball, rather than give an under pressure pass back to Hook. And it worked, they ran down the clock for 10min (not often Wales manage that!), if it wasn't for Duncan Jones' butterfingers, it would have been the perfect way to secure the win.

Comes in handy having a 9th forward, and a 10th if you include Henson who was doing his part in the rucks at the end.

<div class='quotemain'> Fact is England lost it not Wales won it. No question.

[/b]
Someone should post that again, it hasn't been said enough on this thread yet. [/b][/quote]

:ninj:

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Fact is England lost it not Wales won it. No question.

[/b]
Someone should post that again, it hasn't been said enough on this thread yet. [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

The fact is that Wales lost the first half and England lost the second half more...

This was no victory on a plate. When they were giving away possession in the first half Wales didn't panic and kept within striking distance.
England were forced into panicking. Wales had a hand in that.

Latest posts