• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs Italy - 10/03/2013

If that was a knock on then Tuilagi was offside, no?

Only given if the player who plays the ball knows that it was knocked on or should/could have known.....where there is doubt, it is a scrum!!

what an effin shite referee... England can thank Clancy for this win.

We really need a new winger (or two) into this side, but who?

I can already hear people crowing for Wade, but the thought of Cuthbert/North running at Wade is a very unpleasant one. Shame that Joseph has been out so long - while he's a 13 really, he'd be a good option on the wing and has the experience.

Well if England play like that next week we are going to get battered

So now if Wales win by 7, England and Wales are tied in both match points and points diffence. What will be the next decider?

Bar the first 15 minutes (in which we still butchered oportunities) that was ****ing dire, like the England of old...

England lucky to win that one.

Well, it's on for next week now. Points difference will be 14, so Wales need to win by 7+. If Wales win by 7, then Wales will take it as we will have scored more points and more try's.

One of the biggest hometown refereeing performances I've seen in a long time, Clancy robbed Italy in those last 20 minutes.

England won't beat Wales, they're playing not to lose rather than to win.

what an effin shite referee... England can thank Clancy for this win.

First time I have ever heard Clancy from Munster described as winning a game for England......rubbish of course but the first!!

Pathetic performance and was always doomed after the first 15 minutes when it was obvious there was no brain involved and the attack (if you can call it that) totally one dimensional......as to next week, this can only have done England good and probably better, for a win in Wales, than a high scoring match whicih would have bolstered the points difference.

All to play for................

Fair play to Italy - plenty of England weaknesses and mistakes to dissect, but the Italians really put in a performance today.

Everyone loves an underdog, especially against England but the referee did not win the game.

OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!
FORZA ITALIA !!!!

WHAT a performance by Italy !!! I believe they played even better than against us this time !! I thought for sure they'd get the second try eventually...I'm soooooooooo disappointed at the play when they were like 7m from the line, and the guy was taken at the foot and he was just pivoting 360° looking for support, nobody there...that was the try, England was beaten, and a gaping hole just waiting....ffffffffffackk !!!

The match of the tournament for sure !!

England looked absolutely miserable on attack, with every opportunity slow, intense but heavy-handed, and halted ultimately by some silly mistake, but what else is new...they also completely lost their gather a few times, very uncharacteristic at Twick...
Their defense looked questionable, I'm really starting to think it's because France sucks so much lately on attack and Ireland looked so nervous and shittty against England, and Scotland has no attack but sneaky/counter/chasedown surprise tries...that they managed fine defense so far, but they look relatively easily beatable after all...even their scrum looked so so at times, but with that one excellent push as well where they totally pushed off Italy all the way back...

About that, props to Italy for still staying in that sector of the game, despite Castro out !!! DAYUMMM !!!

Man this thing looked like another annoying, boring England-piles-up-the-3pointers-and-Italy-resists sort of deal, but dang !!

That kick pass from Orquera for the try was absolutely SPOT.......ON !
Scoreline so doesn't tell the full story unfortunately, and that's how it'll go down in the history books...one full try+conv. away.

And oh yeh...Italy ??....yeh, guys uhmmm...GET YOUR FAKKING KICKING SOOOOOOOORTED FFS !!!!!!!!!

Half-backs: Care didn't play badly, but really doesn't fit with those starting players/game-plan. Flood has shown that he isn't up to it... at all, again. For whatever reason, he doesn't work for England.
If someone who's played as a half-back at a reasonable level could help explain this, that would be great! (I've only ever played in the tight 5)

I still think we need a proper number 8 and our front row are struggling without a proper scrummaging lock.

Good wingers and a running full-back (brown) please!

Last edited:
Flood looked okay carrying the ball, but didn't control well.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

Forza Italia!!!! this try was marvellous. Hope the Rugby will growing in this beautiful country.

Latest posts