• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs South Africa 20 / 11 / 2021

I must admit I thought Slade put in one of his better performances for England after a poor display last week.

Seeing a lot of praise heaped on Eddie Jones. Don't really understand it to be honest. He said the forwards would be up for it and he was confident in them. They were up for it for about 12 minutes and absolutely smashed for 68.

Springboks have given up too many trys off quick line outs. Something for Rassie and Jac to straighten out for next summer.

SA didn't dominate in the forwards till half time.
You were watching a different game than me. Ox single handily had a dominate tackle and turnover inside the five meter line and Curry got bossed by Duane and Lood for another turnover a few minutes later.

From 0-12 minutes England was extremely dominate. 12-25 the Boks started to gain ascendancy and 25-80 was the equivalent of Kyle Sinckler doing his "who me?!" Routine.

Loving the salty Saffers on social media mind. Those tears taste lovely.

Night Trying GIF

Hit the reply button if you have a response. England with three tries deserved the win. I haven't seen any Boks fans say different. But the ole Mad Genius EJ chat is baseless.

Why would I need to hit reply lol?

England deserved the win - Eddie Jones is England Head coach - Eddie Jones deserved the win
We had our 4th choice Loosehead starting, 3rd choice Hooker and couldn't win oof

You were watching a different game than me. Ox single handily had a dominate tackle and turnover inside the five meter line and Curry got bossed by Duane and Lood for another turnover a few minutes later.
Two instances? Cool - they get cancelled out by the two scrum penalties England won early on, then I guess

England won twice as many scrum penalties as SA did until Will Stuart came on

Curry also won more penalties/turnovers than he gave away

SA definitely had a 30ish min period of forward dominance in the second half, but the first was very even

SA need to add a bit more to their game. If it weren't for shody England discipline (SA racked up a lot of spft points in the first half) they'd of been out of site.

As it is they still had their pants pulled down by a scratch England side

Honestly SA needed to do what England needed to do.
Blood some more young players.

Injuries forced Eddie's hands in that regards.

But SA have some very talented youngsters that could do with game time

Where is this chat?
I punched in 'Eddie Jones' into Twitter and this was the first tweet. The Telegraph is a decent sized publication for the UK, correct?

Honestly SA needed to do what England needed to do.
Blood some more young players.

Injuries forced Eddie's hands in that regards.

But SA have some very talented youngsters that could do with game time
I think Rassie/Jac know what they are doing. Plus Jac has explained why younger players haven't gotten a chance yet.

If given licence / ball we have the makings of a really good backline.

Plenty of questions up front - power in the front 5 and balance of the back row.

I've been a big advocate of Dombrandt and I think he will come good. My only concern is that he might not be quite consistently aggressive enough - watch Tom Willis and he's all fast twitch fibres fighting for every last inch, as is his brother. Going to be interesting to see how the fight for back row places pans out.

If given licence / ball we have the makings of a really good backline.

Plenty of questions up front - power in the front 5 and balance of the back row.

I've been a big advocate of Dombrandt and I think he will come good. My only concern is that he might not be quite consistently aggressive enough - watch Tom Willis and he's all fast twitch fibres fighting for every last inch, as is his brother. Going to be interesting to see how the fight for back row places pans out.
Players like the Willis brothers could really give that bit of extra explosive power England need.

Johnny Hill has had a good AI....has he silenced a few critics for a while. I know I was hugely critical...but he did well.

Agree, I was one of his critics but he's definitely improved these last few games. Still think he could do with a little extra bulk though.

Johnny Hill has had a good AI....has he silenced a few critics for a while. I know I was hugely critical...but he did well.
Yes and no,
He definitely had his best showing in an England shirt, by a long shot, but did he do anything that isn't bare minimum from what you want from an international player?
He benefits from having no options behind him (until Launch/Kruis are back) but I've definitely upgraded my opinion to "ok with him being there" from "horrified he's there"

Latest posts