• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs South Africa 20 / 11 / 2021

I punched in 'Eddie Jones' into Twitter and this was the first tweet. The Telegraph is a decent sized publication for the UK, correct?
That's one person, in a press that's renowned for talking in hyperbole.

May had his worst game in and England shirt IMO, huge drop off in form in the space of 12 months. Malins was lively seems a good utility player to have on the bench.

Hope for a good 6N.
5ux6j6.jpg

May had his worst game in and England shirt IMO, huge drop off in form in the space of 12 months. Malins was lively seems a good utility player to have on the bench.

Hope for a good 6N.
I think Malins just played himself into a starting winger. He looked quick...and has the playmaker ability.

Radwan will have to fight for the position

How did South Africa lose that game? Totally dominant up front and England with a massive penalty count along with Jonny May being an absolute liability.

Got to say I'm impressed with some of England's young players but without George or LCD we are totally missing a world class front row.

Good win though. Sure the saffas are going to start screaming about the world wide conspiracy that is currently in place to keep SA down (despite being world champions and winning thw Lions series) but happy with the autumn games, shame no NZ test.

Hope for a good 6N.
Dont see why you'd bench him, he has no real weaknesses, Radwan for may and we've got a very well rounded good back 3.

How did South Africa lose that game? Totally dominant up front and England with a massive penalty count along with Jonny May being an absolute liability.

Got to say I'm impressed with some of England's young players but without George or LCD we are totally missing a world class front row.

Good win though. Sure the saffas are going to start screaming about the world wide conspiracy that is currently in place to keep SA down (despite being world champions and winning thw Lions series) but happy with the autumn games, shame no NZ test.
England does not have a world class front row with George or LCD. Or any other Hooker on the island. Sinkler is not a world-class player, nor are any of the other props. Mako was world-class, but him and Billy seem to be in the Eddie Jone's Doghouse. Sinkler wouldn't be in the 23 of New Zealand, Australia or South Africa. Premiership fans go absolutely nuts for a player like Wilco Louw and he is South Africa's 5th choice TH.

Ireland is the only home nation with a world-class front row and pack. It's abundantly clear that props are a major weakness right now for the home nations. Wyn Jones got dominated versus South Africa last week and Australia today. Meanwhile, watching Andrew Porter and Furlong you see what a top-class duo are capable of.

What England do have is a bevy of top notch flanks. I'd go Curry at 7, Lawes at 6, and Dombrandt at 8. Then have Underhill off the bunch at around 55 minutes when Lawes starts to drag. Eddie is trying to shoehorn Curry in at 8 to improve his running ability. But he's not big enough to do that role effectively.

As it should be. But if we have a midfield that's creating chances I want real gas on the outside.
Malins looked very quick at times today aswell....

England are lucky with some VERY good options..

May, Watson, Nowell, Radwan, Malins, Daly ( was actually a good winger for us) Cokasaniga (if he can get back to his best), Hassell Collins, Loader....

Players will need to stay at the top of their game....

England does not have a world class front row with George or LCD. Or any other Hooker on the island. Sinkler is not a world-class player, nor are any of the other props. Mako was world-class, but him and Billy seem to be in the Eddie Jone's Doghouse. Sinkler wouldn't be in the 23 of New Zealand, Australia or South Africa. Premiership fans go absolutely nuts for a player like Wilco Louw and he is South Africa's 5th choice TH.

Ireland is the only home nation with a world-class front row and pack. It's abundantly clear that props are a major weakness right now for the home nations. Wyn Jones got dominated versus South Africa last week and Australia today. Meanwhile, watching Andrew Porter and Furlong you see what a top-class duo are capable of.

What England do have is a bevy of top notch flanks. I'd go Curry at 7, Lawes at 6, and Dombrandt at 8. Then have Underhill off the bunch at around 55 minutes when Lawes starts to drag. Eddie is trying to shoehorn Curry in at 8 to improve his running ability. But he's not big enough to do that role effectively.
Tom Willis will take rhe Englabd 8 shirt soon....and Jack Willis will add another big problem for Jones.

England have some beasts coming through In the front row...maybe not quite for 2023...but defo after that...

You're telling me Mako from 2016-2018 or 2019 wasn't one of the best props in the world? His ball carrying alone was immense.
Well it literally was his ball carrying alone cause his scrummaging is poor
Also 2016? We really going back that far to justify having him in the side?
Bevan Rodd barely held his own today but did significantly better than the last time Mako faced the Boks

Commentators on teh Wales game have just wet their pants over Priestland landing a winning kick dfrom 10m out under the posts.

It's a good job they weren't watching Marcus Smith...

His scrummaging and penalty count was pretty shocking
Well it literally was his ball carrying alone cause his scrummaging is poor
Also 2016? We really going back that far to justify having him in the side?
Bevan Rodd barely held his own today but did significantly better than the last time Mako faced the Boks
Mako started 5/6 Lions tests from 2013-2017. The only other prop that matches him is Furlong.

I'm not advocating for him to be the 23 but there is zero replacement for him. That's the point. Eddie dropped Mako and never developed a replacement. And Sinkler is poor.

Dont see why you'd bench him, he has no real weaknesses, Radwan for may and we've got a very well rounded good back 3.
He fulfils the second FB on the pitch option. He's > Than Marchant IMO. Marchant a better 13 option but Mallins for wing and FB cover and elsewhere in a pinch.

Can't see anyone dislodging Steward if he's fit for the 6N.

Latest posts