• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Vs South Africa

It was the best game I have ever seen it should have really brought england back down to earth and now they can realise they are not the world champs anymoreq

It was the best game I have ever seen it should have really brought england back down to earth and now they can realise they are not the world champs anymore [/b]

Actually, until the 20th October, they still are. :bleh!:

Actually, until the 20th October, they still are. [/b]

Over a month! A glorious month of remaining on top of the rugby world...

hmmmm

And incidentally, anyone who wants to take out a little bit of rugby related aggression after that SA game - could do worse than popping over to www.orangerugbyschool.com, to take on a sumo wrestler, robot and more!

I currently working on behalf of Orange and I hope you don't mind me mentioing the site - but I think you may be rather amused by it. I've got quite addicted and I've been playing it all morning - just can't face YouTube to watch those England SA 'highlights'!

Cheers :bana:
Tony

It was the best game I have ever seen it should have really brought england back down to earth and now they can realise they are not the world champs anymoreq [/b]

Seriously? Theres been about three other sensational matches where Davids have fought with their hearts on their sleeves to slay their Goliaths, with plenty of other exciting and excellent games and you're saying that game was the best ever?

Talk about disregarding the efforts of nations holding far more pride in the jersey than all of the top ten nations combined in order to have a cheap dig at England if you ask me :p

no it says something about english union [/b]

Says the man who's Union lured Brian Carney to play for them :bleh!:

Remember! Its not hypocrisy if the League convert plays well!

:( .

England played like a load of U7s and I think they should all be sent home and we should get a whole new squad in. Lets face it, they couldn't do any worse!

It was totally embarassing; Brian Ashton should never have got the job in the first place and he should go - as long as they don't nick Mallinder and West and leave Saints in the mire....

I hope England can't get out of the pool stages now, because it will be a wake-up call that having a team full of Grandads and a head coach with less inspiration and character than a turnip does not work.

And then maybe we can win it in 2011.......

sorry we're getting off the point here andy farrell is terrible [/b]

Yes, but I was bringing you up on the point that you think that importing League stars is just an English problem.

oh no its a problem everywhere with few exceptions really but we've seen f*** all of carney so far

where was the Eng;lish support play? The boks scored their first try after a good break, followed by the player being allowed some space to look for support, which was there. Result. Try. When Robiinson made a break from a mark in the 22, he did have less time to look for support, but he was on his own. This English side doesn't seem to work hard in chasing the ball and support play. Maybe that's why we get so much slow ball and turnovers.

Doesn't help when you have a carthorse playing at 6 I don't think.

Look at the top sides in the world - New Zealand have McCaw and Collins; Australia Smith and Elsom; South Africa Burger and Smith; Wales Williams and Charvis etc etc.

The point is, they all use flankers who ae mobile around the park. Corry is never going to make up enough ground to support someone like Robinson, and Rees can't do all the work on his own. Of the squad we have for the RWC, Moody would have been a far better option to play at 6 against the Boks. His speed would have been better suited to combat their game than simply the bulk of Corry. England need to find a Back/Hill type combinations against if they are going to progress.

wow this game was so bad yet so good....i ll admit it was my first ever complete rugby match...i never had been able to see a match due to being in the US...and i loved it...i loved how SA played and was a bit turned off by the English performance... seriously the only player worth a dime was Robinson...I think SA is a force to be reckoned with in this WC....they were nearly perfect...in all aspects of the game

wow this game was so bad yet so good....i ll admit it was my first ever complete rugby match...i never had been able to see a match due to being in the US...and i loved it...i loved how SA played and was a bit turned off by the English performance... seriously the only player worth a dime was Robinson...I think SA is a force to be reckoned with in this WC....they were nearly perfect...in all aspects of the game [/b]

I recommend keeping your eyes open for the AB's in that case if you think the Boks looked perfect.

Now I'm going to hide just in case a gloating Maori/glory hunter hears me admitting the ABs are rugby perfecton...

wow this game was so bad yet so good....i ll admit it was my first ever complete rugby match...i never had been able to see a match due to being in the US...and i loved it...i loved how SA played and was a bit turned off by the English performance... seriously the only player worth a dime was Robinson...I think SA is a force to be reckoned with in this WC....they were nearly perfect...in all aspects of the game [/b]

the most impressive bit of the SA performance was their use of their brains. So controlled, stuck to the plan rather than forcing the issue. They didn't really try too hard in attack, just take the opportunities given. Expect them to have some better atches ball in hand throughout the tournament.

I recommend keeping your eyes open for the AB's in that case if you think the Boks looked perfect.

Now I'm going to hide just in case a gloating Maori/glory hunter hears me admitting the ABs are rugby perfecton...
[/b]

***TRF DISCLAIMER***

THE VIEWS OF TEH MITE
ARE NOT, IN ANY WAY, REPLICATED BY 'THE RUGBY FORUM'.
WE DO NOT BELIEVE NEW ZEALAND TO BE A SOUND REPRESENTATIVE OF RUGBY AT ITS PERFECTION, NOR DO WE CONDONE ANY SUCH FURTHER TALK.

***END OF DISCLAIMER***