• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England World Cup Training Squad

Wouldn't say cips kicking stats are bad?

This season
25 kicks at goal attempted 16 converted only Grayson and FdK have lower.

The wording of the reason for Sinks and Smith going back to Quins gives me some concern - 'as we feel it is in their best interests...we will consider their participation further..down the track'. Maybe nothing but it seems odd our no 1 tight head is out of the squad. Am worried he is not fit or has blown up.
Yeah, bizarre.

If he was injured why wouldn't they just say so? And they've got other players in camp rehabbing.

Jones won't have phrased it that way by accident.

"Next week we will add some players and be looking to improve our physical conditioning, ability to understand how we want to play the game and start to increase the pressure at training. We have a couple of players going back to their clubs as we feel it is in their best interests in terms of the World Cup to do that, and we will consider their participation in the squad further down the track."

Marcus smith maybe but sinkler? How is it in his best interest and is there any question about participation for the world cup? He is by far our best LHP. Wonder what they've done.

Lhp Thp is like trying to say lipstick after having local anaesthetic at the dentist.

Maybe he's just getting a rest?
For all we know he's bollocksed and would do better having a week off than another intense camp or something

My faith in EJs selections is waining but I don't believe he has dropped/will drop Sinck

For all we know he's bollocksed and would do better having a week off than another intense camp or something

My faith in EJs selections is waining but I don't believe he has dropped/will drop Sinck

Can't really see anything other than a rest either. A big chunk of that camp have little chance of making the final squad anyway, so don't need to rest, a few others have hope but more to prove. Sink might be showing more strain than others following the season etc.

If nothing else then consider the alternative: Cole and Williams, possibility of Mako not recovering so we play Moon and Genge, leaving George as our sole starting front row player that can pass.

Oh ****. Ok.

Since when has that stopped Jones?

Less relevant to the RWC, but Smith also released. 2 Quins mates been out on the lash, obvs :)

Makes sense,
Can't run or scrum, as it's only a one week camp might as well heal up at home than kicking heels in camp

Makes sense,
Can't run or scrum, as it's only a one week camp might as well heal up at home than kicking heels in camp
Yes but cant he sit out with mako nowell and kruis and get the best medical treatment.

The medical treatment probably involves sitting on his arse and eating.

Yes but cant he sit out with mako nowell and kruis and get the best medical treatment.
If it's a minor injury his best recovery is just lazing around and not using it,
Considering he's not had any off season yet might as well let him go home for a bit and do it there.

I don't see any issue with it, tbh.

Has anyone got a decent injury list and how long players will be out for?

And news on mako and kruis' injuries? They must be close if they are in the camp getting treatment.

Latest posts