England World Cup Training Squad

Discussion in 'Rugby World Cup 2019' started by sCriv, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Every Time Ref

Every Time Ref First XV

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Bath

Brad Barrit or Ben Teo ... God that’s like Sophie’s choice. I think I would go for Teo, just. His defence is pretty strong, and he does offer something in attack. More rounded I guess.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Old Hooker

Old Hooker First XV

Country Flag:

England

He's been average, but not really added anything to the squad. To my mind all he's done is underline why the ABs weren't interested.

Barritt all day for me. I think his all round game has improved, but more importantly he sets the tempo and is a proper grown up leader of the type we're totally lacking. They don't suffer fools at Sarries and he carries massive respect there, just look at how desperate they are to get him fit for big games. Even if his stats look rubbish, they're a better team when he plays. Barritt's all about the team, can you say the same for Te'o? Barritt doesn't understand the concept of pain, Te'o has a twinge and he's off down under for 6 months treatment.

4. TobyBeastTeague

TobyBeastTeague First XV

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Exeter

Barritt would’ve made a world class blindside.

5. scotty507

scotty507 First XV

Club or Nation:

Exeter

Im not a shields fan but dont mind him starting at 6 for one of the usa and tonga games and being on the bench for the other to save some of our more first choice players as its short turn around between games. He's there use him but i prob wouldnt have him there.

Barrett will tackle with his face if he has too and always makes the right decision, player would have been nice to bring on at half time vs Scotland in hindsight but not going to be in so who cares. :) . Teo...he will go...he will break...no one will care. Same as Shields, get game time early on to manage the also fragile Manu.

6. higgik

higgik Academy Player

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Saracens

Midfield of Farrell, Barritt and Loz would be a great combination

In all seriousness Barritt is underestimated, he provides exactly what you need from IC, tough running, good defence.

7. hbijbjon

hbijbjon Academy Player

Barritt is a very good club player but he has no business sniffing an international side

I'd love to see Cipraini at #10, Joe Coks at #11 Farrell at #12 Slade at #13 May at #14 & Watson at #15

with Daly at #22 and JJ at #23 That backline would be the best in world rugby if it gelled well over time

It would also allow you to have a 6-2 split on the bench!!

8. Every Time Ref

Every Time Ref First XV

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Bath

“Tough running” is stretching a point a bit in my opinion ...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ddanno

Ddanno Bench Player

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Harlequins

Closer to a 6 as others have said

10. Jimbo

Jimbo Academy Player

Country Flag:

UK

Club or Nation:

London Wasps

IMO you would be better off with Tompkins, lacks the leadership of Barrett, but has a bit of pace and not bad on the crash, solid in D.

11. scotty507

scotty507 First XV

Club or Nation:

Exeter

Hope tompkins gets a shot but again post world cup, hes not an option so pointless on training squad one, put on england thread

12. scotty507

scotty507 First XV

Club or Nation:

Exeter

13. Old Hooker

Old Hooker First XV

Country Flag:

England

14. living sacrifice

living sacrifice First XV

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Northampton

Exeter should be happy Eddie didn’t take Devoto, Armand and Ewers and then break them all.

I did think Devoto would be the bolter for this WC, he’s a brilliant 12.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ragerancher

ragerancher First XV

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Bath

In his time at Bath I thought he was going to be another 12trees, someone who appeared on paper to have all the traits of a potentially great centre but never actually fulfilling it. Glad he moved to Chiefs as they have got much more out of him than Bath have. With any luck we will have gone from having poor centres and back rows for the last decade to arguably being in a very good position post world cup. I do hope in England we properly develop our game around the ruck though, it's been so frustrating at times just watching us absorbing pressure and making no effort at all to turn the ball over even when we massively outnumbered the opposition at the ruck.

16. hbijbjon

hbijbjon Academy Player

It has to change Got to flood the breakdown at times and make it a mess
    Curry & Underhill are good jackelers Even Mako Vunipola is good over the ball

That's where Robshow & Haskell were never good enough at Int'l level
    Robshow being a marginal athlete and Haskell being prone to meathead moments

17. The_Blindside

The_Blindside First XV

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

British Irish Lions

• Like Like x 2
  18. Jimbo

Jimbo Academy Player

Country Flag:

UK

Club or Nation:

London Wasps

The guys a bell end without equal, his views are so far off it’s crazy, England are hated for historical events rather than anything recent, as for bullying they are not more guilty of that than the likes of the ABs, Ireland and SA.
    I actually rated the guys opinions until recently I just can’t stand the BS he comes out with, mind u it is a relief to see his unhealthy fetish with Falou fading...

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  19. Jimbo

Jimbo Academy Player

Country Flag:

UK

Club or Nation:

London Wasps

I agree but where do u draw the line I was talking of his merits over someone else’s suggestion of Barrit so in another thread would be completely out of context...

20. ragerancher

ragerancher First XV

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Bath

I'd take his comments with a pinch of salt, he exaggerates everything and plays to stereotypes both nationally and for individual players.

21. scotty507

scotty507 First XV

Club or Nation:

Exeter

Exactly, he's does have some good point when you look through the bull of half the words he says, we do have the most registered players, we do have the most teams to choose from and players available, so in theory we should be the best team. On paper ofcourse.

He does speak alot of sh*t though you may as well be listening to ozzy man reviews.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!