• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England World Cup Training Squad

Brad Barrit or Ben Teo ... God that's like Sophie's choice. I think I would go for Teo, just. His defence is pretty strong, and he does offer something in attack. More rounded I guess.

I wouldn't say shields has played badly for England but I wouldn't exactly say he's been exceptional either.
He's been average, but not really added anything to the squad. To my mind all he's done is underline why the ABs weren't interested.

Brad Barrit or Ben Teo ... God that's like Sophie's choice. I think I would go for Teo, just. His defence is pretty strong, and he does offer something in attack. More rounded I guess.
Barritt all day for me. I think his all round game has improved, but more importantly he sets the tempo and is a proper grown up leader of the type we're totally lacking. They don't suffer fools at Sarries and he carries massive respect there, just look at how desperate they are to get him fit for big games. Even if his stats look rubbish, they're a better team when he plays. Barritt's all about the team, can you say the same for Te'o? Barritt doesn't understand the concept of pain, Te'o has a twinge and he's off down under for 6 months treatment.

Im not a shields fan but dont mind him starting at 6 for one of the usa and tonga games and being on the bench for the other to save some of our more first choice players as its short turn around between games. He's there use him but i prob wouldnt have him there.

Barrett will tackle with his face if he has too and always makes the right decision, player would have been nice to bring on at half time vs Scotland in hindsight but not going to be in so who cares. :) . Teo...he will go...he will break...no one will care. Same as Shields, get game time early on to manage the also fragile Manu.

Midfield of Farrell, Barritt and Loz would be a great combination

In all seriousness Barritt is underestimated, he provides exactly what you need from IC, tough running, good defence.

Barritt is a very good club player but he has no business sniffing an international side

I'd love to see Cipraini at #10, Joe Coks at #11 Farrell at #12 Slade at #13 May at #14 & Watson at #15

with Daly at #22 and JJ at #23 That backline would be the best in world rugby if it gelled well over time

It would also allow you to have a 6-2 split on the bench!!

Midfield of Farrell, Barritt and Loz would be a great combination

In all seriousness Barritt is underestimated, he provides exactly what you need from IC, tough running, good defence.
"Tough running" is stretching a point a bit in my opinion ...

Hope tompkins gets a shot but again post world cup, hes not an option so pointless on training squad one, put on england thread

Exeter should be happy Eddie didn't take Devoto, Armand and Ewers and then break them all.

I did think Devoto would be the bolter for this WC, he's a brilliant 12.

Exeter should be happy Eddie didn't take Devoto, Armand and Ewers and then break them all.

I did think Devoto would be the bolter for this WC, he's a brilliant 12.

In his time at Bath I thought he was going to be another 12trees, someone who appeared on paper to have all the traits of a potentially great centre but never actually fulfilling it. Glad he moved to Chiefs as they have got much more out of him than Bath have. With any luck we will have gone from having poor centres and back rows for the last decade to arguably being in a very good position post world cup. I do hope in England we properly develop our game around the ruck though, it's been so frustrating at times just watching us absorbing pressure and making no effort at all to turn the ball over even when we massively outnumbered the opposition at the ruck.

In his time at Bath I thought he was going to be another 12trees, someone who appeared on paper to have all the traits of a potentially great centre but never actually fulfilling it. Glad he moved to Chiefs as they have got much more out of him than Bath have. With any luck we will have gone from having poor centres and back rows for the last decade to arguably being in a very good position post world cup. I do hope in England we properly develop our game around the ruck though, it's been so frustrating at times just watching us absorbing pressure and making no effort at all to turn the ball over even when we massively outnumbered the opposition at the ruck.

It has to change Got to flood the breakdown at times and make it a mess
Curry & Underhill are good jackelers Even Mako Vunipola is good over the ball

That's where Robshow & Haskell were never good enough at Int'l level
Robshow being a marginal athlete and Haskell being prone to meathead moments

The guys a bell end without equal, his views are so far off it's crazy, England are hated for historical events rather than anything recent, as for bullying they are not more guilty of that than the likes of the ABs, Ireland and SA.
I actually rated the guys opinions until recently I just can't stand the BS he comes out with, mind u it is a relief to see his unhealthy fetish with Falou fading...

Hope tompkins gets a shot but again post world cup, hes not an option so pointless on training squad one, put on england thread

I agree but where do u draw the line I was talking of his merits over someone else's suggestion of Barrit so in another thread would be completely out of context...

The guys a bell end without equal, his views are so far off it's crazy, England are hated for historical events rather than anything recent, as for bullying they are not more guilty of that than the likes of the ABs, Ireland and SA.
I actually rated the guys opinions until recently I just can't stand the BS he comes out with, mind u it is a relief to see his unhealthy fetish with Falou fading...

I'd take his comments with a pinch of salt, he exaggerates everything and plays to stereotypes both nationally and for individual players.

I'd take his comments with a pinch of salt, he exaggerates everything and plays to stereotypes both nationally and for individual players.
Exactly, he's does have some good point when you look through the bull of half the words he says, we do have the most registered players, we do have the most teams to choose from and players available, so in theory we should be the best team. On paper ofcourse.

He does speak alot of sh*t though you may as well be listening to ozzy man reviews.

Latest posts