• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[EOYT] Ireland v Australia 16/11/13

I don't think changes will make much of a difference considering it was some of our best players making the mistakes. They need help getting their minds focused when playing for Ireland.
Although as said, I wouldn't mind seeing Tuohy in for Toner and Murray in for Reddan. It would be great if Payne was IQ right now.

One of Toner or PO'C defintely has to go, PO'C at tighthead lock just doesn't work at all.

I'd bring Murray, Tuohy, Jackson (assume Sexton is out) and possible Moore.

Last edited:
I'm pretty pleased with that result. Ireland worried me before the game, I feared they'd become our bogey team. Early penalty count also worried me as the whistle seemed to keep Ireland in touch despite some handling errors.

I'm developing some serious man love for folau, his work under the high ball was just incredible.

sexton's injury clearly hurt ireland and I agree kuridrani had to go even though I didn't think the tackle was malicious, you have to protect the ball carrier, no excuses.

now I just hope we can get through Scotland and Wales. I'm sure Scotland will be cold, wet and windy :)

He is SERIOUSLY good! Group A at the World Cup is going to be insane!

Yeah, it could be worth a shot but it'd be risky throwing him in to a side with no confidence playing against the All Blacks, if they think he could pull through a possibly horrendous hammering on debut I don't see any reason not to give him a shot.

Fitzpatrick scrummaged far better than ross last week and has scrummaged against NZ before . Moore is far to inexperienced to go up against NZ , ROSS IS replaceable , when someone plays s**t two weeks in a row how can they be called irreplaceable . Same principle applies to BOD , get him off he was shocking last two games !!! Schmit has to be blamed for not changing ppl when he should have , not 10 minutes toward the end when game was lost !

Fitzpatrick scrummaged far better than ross last week and has scrummaged against NZ before . Moore is far to inexperienced to go up against NZ , ROSS IS replaceable , when someone plays s**t two weeks in a row how can they be called irreplaceable . Same principle applies to BOD , get him off he was shocking last two games !!! Schmit has to be blamed for not changing ppl when he should have , not 10 minutes toward the end when game was lost !

And replace O'Driscoll with who? Who would be better? You could try shifting McFadden to 13 and Fitzgerald to wing, it might work those two players have performed at international level but I'd still take O'Driscoll over them. I said that Moore was probably too inexperienced but Fitzpatrick debuted against the All Blacks in New Zealand as well if you remember correctly after performances no better than Moore has shown this year, I don't know much about scrums but I'm pretty sure the second rows have to take some of the blame after yesterday because even Healy was made to look ordinary.

And replace O'Driscoll with who? Who would be better? You could try shifting McFadden to 13 and Fitzgerald to wing, it might work those two players have performed at international level but I'd still take O'Driscoll over them. I said that Moore was probably too inexperienced but Fitzpatrick debuted against the All Blacks in New Zealand as well if you remember correctly after performances no better than Moore has shown this year, I don't know much about scrums but I'm pretty sure the second rows have to take some of the blame after yesterday because even Healy was made to look ordinary.

Secondrows defintely had a huge part in it. The height disparity doesn't help when pressure comes on. As I've said a few times here PO'C shouldn't be scrummaging on the tighthead he doesn't have the bulk or technique for it. He actually lost his bind on Ross for one of the worst ones and he lost it very easily, that's criminal.

I think Johnny Sexton's move to France has been shown up to be wrong in an international rugby point of view. He pulled a hammy at half time, that wouldn't happen had this been his 9th game of the season rather than 15th. What can he expect though, you just have to look at France in general. They have the best player pool in the Northern Hemisphere no question but they got the wooden spoon partly due to bad coaching but mainly due to the players being absolutely knackered from equalling soccer players in the amount of games played a season.

I think Johnny Sexton's move to France has been shown up to be wrong in an international rugby point of view. He pulled a hammy at half time, that wouldn't happen had this been his 9th game of the season rather than 15th. .

100% agree with you as soon as he pulled up these were my thoughts. I think its turned out to be a pretty awful move for all parties involved so far, Racing aren't getting the best out of Sexton, Ireland aren't getting the best of out Sexton and Leinster don't get any Sexton. The only person who is really happy here is probably Sextons agent and banker.

While yes it is from recurrence an Ireland game I think had Sexton had 1. a longer pre/offseason and 2. less games this year it wouldn't have happened.

What's your point?

It's an injury he's had before which he got with Ireland, chance of reoccurence would be higher, I don't think you can blame it on his move to France.

Also he'd have had a long season anyway with the Lions, rugby is essentially year long for every player nowadays. Our great player welfare system didn't seem to work out too well last year either in terms of stopping injuries.

It's an injury he's had before which he got with Ireland, chance of reoccurence would be higher, I don't think you can blame it on his move to France.

Also he'd have had a long season anyway with the Lions, rugby is essentially year long for every player nowadays. Our great player welfare system didn't seem to work out too well last year either in terms of stopping injuries.

7 extra matches would also make the chances higher and he couldn't play Samoa due to an injury picked up in France.

7 extra matches would also make the chances higher and he couldn't play Samoa due to an injury picked up in France.

Actually Sexton was fit for the Samoa match, yeah he got injure in France...in the warm up he was still well enough to play just wouldn't have been able to kick in that match.

Sextons hardly been running his ass off over there. It just seems to be one of those things.

We're really beginning to see the effects of not trying other players at 13. Feel bad for Cave honestly.

I'd just like to say I was making a bit of broader point on the Sexton to France move thats seemed obvious to me for awhile. It just looks like he's not as content with Racing as he was with Leinster, which is really unfortunate as Racing are paying him a huge sum and not getting the best of him which in turn affects his general performances. He knew and everyone else knew the injury risk that comes with extra games and agreed to it.

There are other provinces you know, right?

Latest posts