17. Ben Alexander
18. Paddy Ryan
19. Sitaleki Timani
20. Ben McCalman
21. Nic White
22. Nick Phipps
23. Bernard Foley

Last edited:
Wallabies should wipe Scotland off the park even with a weakened Line up. Scotland don't have an attack and will rely on the boot for their points. Discipline will hopefully be the main message this week, However the ref is Jaco Peyper and he is complete idiot so we could be brutalised again ( Beldisode 2)

Wallabies looked good against Ireland. Scotland went back to throwing the ball around with not much happening. It would have been great to have Matt Scott and Stuart Hogg.... That being said I don't think Scotland are going to get wiped off the park.

Our Forward pack is strong and they put in a good effort against SA. They will look to continue that and try to take down the weaker Wallaby pack. Genia is definitely off his game this year (which stinks, as the guy is a beast) and if he is not getting clean ball than that will cause even more issues for the Wallabies. They have also played different combinations of forwards and now you will see a pack picked based on form and a desired plan.

Should be fun, but I have a strong feeling I will still be screaming F**ck as Scotland knock on during a 2 vs 1 overlap 10 meters out from the line.

"Come on then ya kilted drongos, I'll take ya on with one hand behind me back!"

"Och argh! If ye cannae keep ye big trap shut then I'll shut it fer ye!"

Okay so that's the pre-match banter taken care of. Roll on a match of messy scrums and frozen Australians and maybe some driving rain and a scottish ambush... I kinda hope so or those pesky Aussies will be grabbing 3rd place off us.

Wallabies should wipe Scotland off the park even with a weakened Line up. Scotland don't have an attack and will rely on the boot for their points. Discipline will hopefully be the main message this week, However the ref is Jaco Peyper and he is complete idiot so we could be brutalised again ( Beldisode 2)

come on buddy, let's be respectful here...I'm a Wallaby fan but how would you feel if somebody said S.A. shat all over Australia on their own home-soil and repeated the rape back home ? Sure they're facts, but there are other people reading. Just common courtesy. I'm sure it's in you.

let me remind u of last 2 meetings we won both off them so dont be too sure

any predictions on what the scotland or aussie squad could be

my scotland squad predictions (Seymour, Low, Laidlaw and de luca are out due to injury)
so.
1. Al Dickinson
2. Pat MacArthur
3. Euan Murray
4. Richie Gray
5. Jim Hamiltion
6. Al Strockosh
7. John Barclay
8. David Denton
9. Henry Pyrgos
10. Rory Jackson
11. Sean Lamont
12. Duncan Taylor
13. Mark Bennett
14. Sean Maitland
15. Greig Tonks
16. Ross Ford
17. Ryan Grant
18. Geoff Cross
19. Jonny Gray
20. Blair Cowan
21. Chris Cusiter
22. Duncan Weir
23. Max Evans

i dont know that much about the australian team but i'll give it a go (i do know that nick cummins and adam ashley-cooper are not to play due to ban)

1. James Slipper
2. Stephen Moore
3. Ben Alexander
4. Sitaleki Timani
5. James Horwill
6. Rob Simmons
7. Michael Hooper
8. Ben Mowen
9. Will Genia
10. Quade Cooper
11. Joe Tommane
12. Matt Toomua
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Chris Feauai-Sautia
15. Israel Folau
16. Saia Fainga'a
17. Benn Robinson
18. Sekope Kepu
19. Dave Dennis
20. Liam Gill
21. Nic White
22. Christian Lealiifano
23. Mike Harris

not 100% sure about the aussie team though

With Kuridrani out for 5 weeks, we need a replacement centre. That's going to be a tough one and I personally believe we should play Lealiifano at 12 and move toomua to 13 as he is strong defensively.

I'm not underestimating Scotland, would like to say "we're going to smash them" but with all that's happened this week who knows. As mentioned we are coming off a double loss to them. I'm hoping those that are on the outer who have been given an opportunity take it. We need to prove we have depth.

well im going to the match so it will be interesting to watch so far for scotland 1 win and 1 loss and for australia 2 wins and 1 loss so its really close i dont know what will happen

well im going to the match so it will be interesting to watch so far for scotland 1 win and 1 loss and for australia 2 wins and 1 loss so its really close i dont know what will happen

I'm sorry YouAreScotty but I don't see Scotland winning this one. They had some good phases against the Boks despite the very one-sided final score, and they haven't given a match this year where they don't at least bring something interesting and defiant. But Australia are clicking on attack, and even without a couple of very good backs; esp. Cummins who was on fire - what an idiot; Scotland will just have to see the Wallabies cross the line. Defense hasn't been Scotland's strength this year. They may show some strong intent on attack and manage some nice sequences though, and I'm sure they'll get a try at least.

However low or high the score, Australia by 10.

You had a Win over Japan(ranked 14th) and didn't score Against South Africa

Australia beat Italy and Ireland by 30 and 17 points.

You don't know what will happen? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

You had a Win over Japan(ranked 14th) and didn't score Against South Africa

Australia beat Italy and Ireland by 30 and 17 points.

You don't know what will happen? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

boy, you're really putting yourself out there. If the Wallabies win, you don't get anything, everybody's expecting them to win, no risk, no credit. But if they actually LOSE, man !!...we'll see.

boy, you're really putting yourself out there. If the Wallabies win, you don't get anything, everybody's expecting them to win, no risk, no credit. But if they actually LOSE, man !!...we'll see.

If Scotland win, I will Accept my Punishment. Wallabies by 20+

Fox Sports is reporting Matt Toomua Is out with a hamstring injury and is heading back home. Maybe you scots do have a chance,A long one at that.

Scotland have (half announced) their team:

Scotland team to face Australia: (Backs from) S Maitland, M Evans, T Seymour, M Bennett, N De Luca, D Taylor, S Lamont, R Jackson, D Weir, G Laidlaw, C Cusiter.
Forwards: R Grant, R Ford, M Low, T Swinson, J Hamilton, Beattie, Denton, Brown (captain).
Replacements: P MacArthur, A Dickinson, E Murray, G Gilchrist, K Low, TBC, TBC, TBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/25014552

The delay is because they're waiting on Tommy Seymour's injury.

Edited so I include my thoughts: Really annoyed Ford's still there, and that we've dropped Barclay (I think he showed the value of a real openside on Sunday), but glad to see Low ahead of Murray, and to have Swinson back. Probably happier to have Denton at 6 than 8, but wouldn't have him in the starting line up at all given the choice! Unconvinced by this rotation strategy, all it's doing is showing we have several players who are of similar quality, without allowing for any combinations to build. It's also been a bit bizarre - we haven't experimented with hookers (unless bench cameos count), but that's a position where we only have one candidate with substantial international experience, but he's been performing poorly for 2-3 years.

Last edited:
1. James Slipper
2. Stephen Moore
3. Ben Alexander
4. Sitaleki Timani
5. James Horwill
6. Rob Simmons
7. Michael Hooper
8. Ben Mowen
9. Will Genia
10. Quade Cooper
11. Joe Tommane
12. Matt Toomua
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Chris Feauai-Sautia
15. Israel Folau
16. Saia Fainga'a
17. Benn Robinson
18. Sekope Kepu
19. Dave Dennis
20. Liam Gill
21. Nic White
22. Christian Lealiifano
23. Mike Harris

not 100% sure about the aussie team though

Benn Robinson is out for drunk and Kuridrani too by a red card.

Fox Sports is reporting Matt Toomua Is out with a hamstring injury and is heading back home. Maybe you scots do have a chance,A long one at that.

Is this a joke??? F**K F**K F**K

Now Scottish have a big chance

Last edited:
The rate at the Aussies are dropping, Wales might have a chance next week. They can't even call in foreign based players to make up the numbers as it's outside the international period so they won't be released by their clubs.

Benn Robinson is out for drunk and Kuridrani too by a red card.

Is this a joke??? F**K F**K F**K

Now Scottish have a big chance

Anytime Scotland are remotely favoured to get a result they balls it up. I expected the Wallabies to win anyway, but they'll probably stuff us now that they're down to a B team!

Anytime Scotland are remotely favoured to get a result they balls it up.

That's what fans of all sides say, I swear ! :p
The French fans say that about France, the Irish, the Welsh...I guess it's true for all those.
Surely some NZ'ers would admit that considering their result at the RWC. Not sure if Saffas feel that way about the Boks...

Scotland have (half announced) their team:

Scotland team to face Australia: (Backs from) S Maitland, M Evans, T Seymour, M Bennett, N De Luca, D Taylor, S Lamont, R Jackson, D Weir, G Laidlaw, C Cusiter.
Forwards: R Grant, R Ford, M Low, T Swinson, J Hamilton, Beattie, Denton, Brown (captain).
Replacements: P MacArthur, A Dickinson, E Murray, G Gilchrist, K Low, TBC, TBC, TBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/25014552

The delay is because they're waiting on Tommy Seymour's injury.

Edited so I include my thoughts: Really annoyed Ford's still there, and that we've dropped Barclay (I think he showed the value of a real openside on Sunday), but glad to see Low ahead of Murray, and to have Swinson back. Probably happier to have Denton at 6 than 8, but wouldn't have him in the starting line up at all given the choice! Unconvinced by this rotation strategy, all it's doing is showing we have several players who are of similar quality, without allowing for any combinations to build. It's also been a bit bizarre - we haven't experimented with hookers (unless bench cameos count), but that's a position where we only have one candidate with substantial international experience, but he's been performing poorly for 2-3 years.
i seriously dont understand why scott johnston is picking ford for hooker he did awful with the line-outs agains the springboks and it did kinda cost us to concede 2 of the tries

Latest posts