• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EOYT: Wales vs New Zealand, 24/11/2012

I'll forget the reff when he calls forward passes which leads to a try against Wales and a blatant assault on the Welsh number 4 which could have resulted in a red for the All Blacks. In the end, these decisions are making more difference than the skill of the players. the real 'stars' of the game are the referees.

Don't get me wrong, i don't think we deserve the lead. However, we don't deserve to be 23 points down. To me, we should be within 10 points at most. The lack of points for Wales is also attributed to poor decisions by Wales once again. At least two very kick-able penalties should have been taken, but were wasted.

I'll forget the reff when he calls forward passes which leads to a try against Wales and a blatant assault on the Welsh number 4 which could have resulted in a red for the All Blacks. In the end, these decisions are making more difference than the skill of the players. the real 'stars' of the game are the referees.

Don't get me wrong, i don't think we deserve the lead. However, we don't deserve to be 23 points down. To me, we should be within 10 points at most. The lack of points for Wales is also attributed to poor decisions by Wales once again. At least two very kick-able penalties should have been taken, but were wasted.

We don't deserve anything sorry. We missed 17 tackles in the first half. How many knock ons have there been from Welsh players? Poor kicking from Priestland has nothing to do with the ref. The ref has just compounded things.

Anyone notice how more effective Warburton is now Tipuric, his "rival" if you believe the Western Fail, has come onto the pitch

When are people going to get it in their head, if the referee doesn't see it what do you expect him to do? It was miles away from the ball and the referee can't see everything. Yes it was worthy of a red card but, if the ref didn't see it then he can't give it!

Anyone notice how more effective Warburton is now Tipuric, his "rival" if you believe the Western Fail, has come onto the pitch

Warburton's been good all match. Done everything right (apart from his captaincy calls not to go for posts at the beginning, which must have been a tactical thing from the coaches). Unlucky not to get a clean turnover, carried very well, very explosive. Ultimately, those around him has let him down.

Haha, great iconic cheer from the crowd at Priestland making touch.

WTF was that at the lineout. Were all 15 Welsh players in there?

Warburton's been good all match. Done everything right (apart from his captaincy calls not to go for posts at the beginning, which must have been a tactical thing from the coaches). Unlucky not to get a clean turnover, carried very well, very explosive. Ultimately, those around him has let him down.

Not saying hes been bad at all, just noticed him making breaks and carrying it more, then again he is now at 6.

Love that 15 man catch and drive, I christen that the "f*****g kitchen sink". Shudder at the thought of if that throw was overthrown though.

Canada did the same thing at the lineout against the Maori yesterday, over here it's called the "Armageddon" lineout.

AB's down to 14, with Jane off for a deliberate knock on. Wales actually playing some rugby finally, which is good to see!

OMG! Justin Marshal, shut the f*** up. So he is technically saying you are not allowed to go for an intercept? Any ball dropped from an intercept is a cynical foul?

OMG! Justin Marshal, shut the f*** up. So he is technically saying you are not allowed to go for an intercept? Any ball dropped from an intercept is a cynical foul?

That's not what he said at all. He said deliberate knock ons are a yellow. I don't agree with that but is consistent with other rulings like Kearney being yellow carded against us in June. If you don't like it blame the IRB rather than Joubert.

Don't usually blame the ref, but this performance is pathetic. If you get decisions wrong against the greatest team in the world, it destroys the opposite team, not good enough.

Players made of glass. Priestland. The attacking threat of a spoon. The last two results. A few of the things destroying this welsh team not the ref.

Why couldn't we play like this from the off? NZ have switched off though. Hopefully this will give the team a little confidence going into the Aus game next week so we can make a proper fist of it.

Good try by Wales. Poor defensive read by Barrett though.....

Latest posts