• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Exeter Chiefs thread

Very happy with today's performance overall but I think there are still some changes to be made. Despite getting quite a lot of praise from comms today I thought O'Flaherty was poor; he was very hesitant on the ball and got caught a long way behind the gain line a few times because of it. Also threw a very obvious intercept pass that ended with TLS scoring their final try. Would like to see Woodburn come in for him or maybe even shift Whitten onto the wing. Would still have O'Flaherty over Cuthbert though. On Whitten, he performed well but Devoto made a very good impact in a short space of time. I'd have him come straight into the 12 shirt.

When is Vermeulen going to be available again? Skinner wasn't bad today by any means but even with the mismatched roles we give to our back rowers he wasn't mobile enough to be wearing a 7 shirt. I think Vermeulen (or Armand) would've handled the breakdown issues today much better.

EjP8MWDVcAMEIMt

On a less sartorial note, hope the covid outbreak in Racing 92 camp isn't going to affect the final, Their game on saturday has already been cancelled., so even if it the final goes ahead they could be slightly undercooked.

Interested to see who chiefs put out v quins.

With no
LCD(injury)
Francais
Hill
Skinner
Grey
Vermeulen(injury)
Hidalgo-Clyne
Steeno (retired)
Slade
Nowell(injury)
Hogg
Dollman(retired)

That is a huge list of missing talent, not saying others dont have alot missing too but thats alot.

So what do we think? and who's shown promise to fill those gaps?

Thats a huge chunk missing from end of last season but apparently LCD is back in training and ready for friday.
I'm expecting
Hepburn LCD Williams
Armand Lonsdale (Witty)
Ewers Simmonds Kirsten
Maunder Simmonds Devoto Whitten O Flaherty Woodburn Hodge(?).

Still looks like a reasonably strong IV ,but imagine bench might look weakish.
Interesting to see how Hodge,Baldwin and Townsend go in next few weeks.

What's the situation with the Scottish players this weekend. I would assume Baxter could recall them for Bath game.
As Cordero and Witty played so well its probably better to give them the Scots a week off. Looking forward to seeing Cordero again.

Okay theres a lot to not like about the new logo (specifically the chiefs font clashes with the style used in Exeter Rugby) the rest will look a lot better in a couple of iterations time.

Right move to make,
as above the logo isn't great (makes me think more of Mongols than Celts) but it's definitely a giant leap in the right direction

I made some minor edits to show it has potential, left is the original

1643292003750.png1643291960208.png

So you wiped his lipstick off, but left the bra/helmet?
The helmet is fine....

But its less the lipstick (there is only so much I can do in paint in 5 mins) but the fact the red is so damn ugly with the other colours used.

EDIT: Kept the eyeliner too

Like the idea of the logo, execution looks a bit amateurish I think. Hopefully they give it a bit of work.

It does look uncannily like Jack Nowell.

Basic idea is pretty good and obviously a step in the right direction. I'd like to see what the helmet is actually based on though.

They need to remove the random font for the 'Chiefs' and just have it say Chiefs where they've currently got 'Rugby'. No one calls them Exeter Rugby Chiefs.

Yeah definitely the right move to make. Not sure why they went with Native American imagery in the first place to be honest. Always seemed bizarre when your club is in Devon.

Latest posts