• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

F1 Racing

F1 or Cricket which sports itself in the foot more consistently due to wet weather?

Goatifi showing why he is the best driver ever in F1 and why his grand skills will be sorely missed.

Russell on the slicks:

car drifting GIF

Latifi should get points on his actual license for that. Zhou seemed way too resigned to the fact that Latifi just screwed him over.

Bloody stewards great won't know who won the race for hours afterwards.

What a rookie mistake by Hamilton, there was no way he was going to get through there. How did he think he was going to be able to jam on the brakes on the wet line?

Pretty clear penalty for LeClerc but what a strange way to announce a penalty.

Will Verstappen ever win it with just a simple finish?

Now questions over whether full points were awarded or not.

And tommorow RBR probably enter budgegate.

F1 always ******** the bed.

How difficult is it to have a set of rules and enforce them consistently!?

Will be interesting to see what is revealed about the budget cap. If it's all fine then RB have pulled a blinder and fully deserve the win this year. If however they did seriously breach the cap, any attempt to twist the rules to allow them to keep the championship will make a mockery of the already heavily damaged image of F1 as being purely arbitrary and arguably corrupt.

Last edited:
How difficult is it to have a set of rules and enforce them consistently!?

Will be interesting to see what is revealed about the budget cap. If it's all fine then RB have pulled a blinder and fully deserve the win this year. If however they did seriously breach the cap, any attempt to twist the rules to allow them to keep the championship will make a mockery of the already heavily damaged image of F1 as being purely arbitrary and arguably corrupt.
I agree but I don't see them taking the drivers championship away, they've written the regulations in a way that they don't have to.

Screenshot_20221009_112242.jpg

"One or more of the following" is a get out of jail free card in this case. Deduct constructors points as the sporting penalty and fine them. It would be a farce and would undeniably put an asterisk next to the championship but I don't see them reopening that can of worms when they're not obliged to.

As for today's race I only saw the highlights but it seemed fairly free of controversy to me, it was definitely a penalty for Leclerc and the minimum requirements for full points were met. A 26 second margin of victory deserves the full bag in anyway.

I agree but I don't see them taking the drivers championship away, they've written the regulations in a way that they don't have to.

View attachment 15226

"One or more of the following" is a get out of jail free card in this case. Deduct constructors points as the sporting penalty and fine them. It would be a farce and would undeniably put an asterisk next to the championship but I don't see them reopening that can of worms when they're not obliged to.

As for today's race I only saw the highlights but it seemed fairly free of controversy to me, it was definitely a penalty for Leclerc and the minimum requirements for full points were met. A 26 second margin of victory deserves the full bag in anyway.
Hence I said Red Bull rather than Verstappen, although I think only he has technically won the championship so far with Ferrari mathematically still able to win the constructors. Having said that, if RB were shown to have seriously breached the cap, that would be 2 from 2 of Verstappen's championships tainted. IIRC the cap would have applied to last year, so would taint both years. Love or loathe the driver, having serious question called about the legitimacy of your wins cannot be good.

They didn't which was the confusion but apparently they interpreted the rules to mean that because they didn't finish under red flag conditions full points are always awarded.....there was a lot of confusion about it.

The only real controversy and serious one was the recovery vehicle on track while the drivers were.

The penalty was clear cut and good on the stewards making the decision quickly.

So there we have it, RB and Aston Martin did breach the cap, although the FIA says it was minor. Considering the FIA has gone on about transparency, the fact they are not revealing the amount or how it was determined makes a bit of a mockery of the claim. It all very conspiracy like but the fact it went from rumours of a serious breach by RB to "minor" with all the details being hushed up the day after Verstappen takes the ***le is interesting shall we say?

"Minor" is defined in their regs to be fair. I'll take it at face value but do understand the lack of faith.

Describe the top 3 F1 teams in one word each - Cheaters, odious, incompetent

Hoping next season is about the racing and nothing else, although I'm not sure that's Formula 1's MO anymore.

Considering how close Hamilton and Verstappen were you would think that this does make a difference. It further calls into question the validity of his win, though no doubt most people will stay in their camps as usual.

"Minor" is defined in their regs to be fair. I'll take it at face value but do understand the lack of faith.

Describe the top 3 F1 teams in one word each - Cheaters, odious, incompetent

Hoping next season is about the racing and nothing else, although I'm not sure that's Formula 1's MO anymore.
Minor is defined in the regs, just how within minor and how it was worked out is being kept secret (at least for now, maybe they will reveal more in the future). Considering they openly stated the FIA was going to be about transparency in decision making, this is taking the ****. Literally the fate of the entire championship for Hamilton could have swung on RB getting the jump on Mercedes in development. Any of these things in isolation is bad enough but you now have a year in which the final result was achieved through throwing the rule book out the window, a team that it now turns out was itself breaking the rules and ignoring that the rules were also broken in the previous race (brake checking in the rules is disqualification, not a time penalty). Too many dodgy decisions being made towards the end of the year and, far from improving things, the FIA is just becoming even more farcical.

Still no news after the initial announcement. So much for the FIA "transparency". This is beginning to stink.

McLaren getting steamed up over Red Bull.

Personally, even though I wouldn't have given Max the ***le in 2021, I don't think RB should get a points deduction for this if their breach is similar to that of Aston Martin and Williams. If it was year 1 of the cap I think there is always a chance of innocent screw ups.

Latest posts