• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football Thread

Goalkeepers: Sam Johnstone, Jordan Pickford, Aaron Ramsdale

Defenders: Jarrad Branthwaite, Ben Chilwell, Lewis Dunk, Joe Gomez, Ezri Konsa, Harry Maguire, John Stones, Kyle Walker

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham, Conor Gallagher, Jordan Henderson, James Maddison, Declan Rice

Forwards: Jarrod Bowen, Phil Foden, Anthony Gordon, Harry Kane, Cole Palmer, Marcus Rashford, Bukayo Saka, Ivan Toney, Ollie Watkins

Turns out Butland was a false rumour. And Ben White has turned down selection and made himself unavailable. Good that Phillips didn't make it - doesn't deserve it on current form. Can't understand why he would pick Chilwell being so injury prone. Can't see him playing back to back matches at the Euros without breaking down. What was the point picking Rico Lewis last squad and Tomori?

Thought i had posted this but looks like i didnt....

Wimbledon beat MK Franchise in the 94th minute, every win we get just proves they shouldn't exist, look at those scenes!

they're going after the easy targets again. I think they did something like this to Blackpool a number of years ago for not playing their "best" team.
To be fair, City was always going to take a while due to the scale of the investigation and the amount of charges levied against them. Everton and Forrest were just individual instances/breaches that they copped to so naturally this will result in a quick turnaround.

The joke will be when city get let off and not relegated to non league like they should be.

So basically, if you're going to do it, go big and by the time you're punished you'll have won several trophies.

So basically, if you're going to do it, go big and by the time you're punished you'll have won several trophies.
Pretty much. Also, make sure you've got the best, most expensive collection of lawyers any football club has ever had and tie them up in the courts for eternity as money is no object to a club like City.

Saw a video by Goldbridge (not sure how much he know and he's a United fan) but he was saying that City will get around it because they managed to get their financing as income before the FFP rules came in. So , they'll argue they didn't technically breach them. Makes a farce of it of course.

I wouldn't go what that muppet says, he doesn't know his arse from his elbow like anyone else who isn't involved in it.

I obviously include myself in that as well but my gut tells me that the ramifications of City being found guilty and relegated (which you'd imagine they will if found guilty) will be too great for them to follow through on.

Yeh, but their lawyers will find some way to argue they didn't breach the rules. They have the money to fight it all the way to CAS if necessary. Play the victim when they are basically a state sponsored team.

Yeh, but their lawyers will find some way to argue they didn't breach the rules. They have the money to fight it all the way to CAS if necessary. Play the victim when they are basically a state sponsored team.
Yeah they're sneaky for sure. It's not easy to prove though but I won't pretend I know what's what so I'll just refer to my sceptical cynical self and think nothing will come of it but fingers crossed they can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. I won't hold my breath though.

Looking forward to the friendlies to see just how England will play out from the back. If it's the same again with Maguire putting his foot on the ball and taking 5 seconds to decide who to pass to only to pass it sideways to Stones or Chilwell or backwards to Pickford, then pretty sure same old story come Germany in the summer.

Guess who's embarrassingly jumping on the bandwagon.

So lots of withdraw for England, Maguire, Walker and Johnston out to be replaced by Lewis and Trafford. Probably another dull friendly v Belgium tomorrow evening, which we learn nothing from.

Wales v Poland has more on the line. Shame it's on Viaplay only.

Finished 2-2 in the end between England and Belgium. Jude getting a last second equalizer. Still, deserved it and should have won based on possession and chances. Foden missing a gilt edged one on his left foot after great run and set up from Bowen.

2 goals conceded from England from silly mistakes. Reminder that there's always one or two.

Over to Wales v Poland. 0-0 so far and Into ET. Shame not on free to air TV.

Latest posts