• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

For talking rot.

The only times I have sold stuff have been my car and sold it after advertising on autotrader online. Pretty good experience overall. Any electronics tend to sell to CEX in person or choose part exchange. Rather accept less than go through the hassle of eBay. But yes anything else donate to charity.

Anyone sold at a car boot sale? Only once, but not again.

The only times I have sold stuff have been my car and sold it after advertising on autotrader online. Pretty good experience overall. Any electronics tend to sell to CEX in person or choose part exchange. Rather accept less than go through the hassle of eBay. But yes anything else donate to charity.

Anyone sold at a car boot sale? Only once, but not again.
Done a car boot sale before and quite enjoyed it really. Sitting around drinking tea and protein shakes is good fun.

I usually sell on eBay though, probably only had around 1-2 issues in about 19 years.

Avoid DPD if you can. Useless. Delivered my stuff to a building site opposite.

The problem is most of the time you don't get a choice which company deliver to you.

It also depends on the individual driver. Hermes have a terrible reputation but our previous driver was superb.

The company I work for uses the ByBox locker system and DHL. I made a mistake once within the order priority so the package was given to DHL with a ByBox address.
I get to the ByBox the next day and am confused as I can't get into the lockers as there are no parts for me. Rather than looking at the address and realising it was nonsense so taking it back to the depot, he thought it would be a good idea to take it into the Sainsbury's which had the ByBox in the carpark, and leave it with their customer service... But not tell anyone. DHL genuinely did not see a problem with this.

The problem is most of the time you don't get a choice which company deliver to you.

It also depends on the individual driver. Hermes have a terrible reputation but our previous driver was superb.

The company I work for uses the ByBox locker system and DHL. I made a mistake once within the order priority so the package was given to DHL with a ByBox address.
I get to the ByBox the next day and am confused as I can't get into the lockers as there are no parts for me. Rather than looking at the address and realising it was nonsense so taking it back to the depot, he thought it would be a good idea to take it into the Sainsbury's which had the ByBox in the carpark, and leave it with their customer service... But not tell anyone. DHL genuinely did not see a problem with this.
Yeh same here in terms of I ordered locks from Hiplok who chose to use DPD but didn't get a choice. I was home at the time someone else signed it under my name. DPD driver took a snapshot of the parcel in the doorway, but it wasn't mine and they just logged it as delivered.

My issue is DPD have compromised my personal details. Had to take a CIFAS protective registration as got stung by fraud a few years ago. What ****** me off is that 24 hours later next door builder turn up at my door with the box opened. Don't know him from Adam. But had he been honest he would have seen the name on the parcel and immediately directed DPD driver to correct address, instead of signing under mine. No, instead he opened it and hung onto it until after I have bollocked DPD customer services and only return after they track it down.

So now got to get replacements, in case they copied the keys and also compensation from DPD via Hiplok for the cost of the registration. Reported them to ICO as well.

Tracksuit bottoms with the string belt thing that can come out entirely, particularly in the wash. Seriously why? Such a pain in the arse trying to rethread it. Others manage to make them not come out so why do they still make those where it does?

I do but sods law the one time I forget to do it is when it gets pulled out completely.
I don't think Sod's Law is appropriate in this situation.

Sod's Law would be the bin men coming early the only time you didn't put the bin out the night before.

The washing machine pulling the drawstring out of your waistband the time you don't tie both ends together is just inevitable.

Well I've decided to be extremely petty with the screaming lunatic in the flat below mine. I got my guitar amp, laid it front down on the floor, turned up the volume and just made horrific noises on my guitar until she decided to stop constantly screeching. Maybe she will eventually work it out.

It's Americans who started it. Had this argument with one once,, they tried to claim it was because it was sarcastic. Yet they don't use a sarcastic tone.
I've found Americans don't tend to use deadpan sarcasm, it's usually much more in your face and obvious. Sounds more like making an excuse rather than admitting to an error tbh.

Latest posts