• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France v Wales

All fair enough really. A lot of it comes down to the small player pool, similar to ourselves. We all have so few potential stars that once we see the talent we tend to forgive em all their flaws. Witness the Irish fans defense of O'Driscoll's indifferent form in attack and the hype around Fitzgerald, Earls, Kearney, Heaslip and Cave.

I suppose, from over here, a lot of us are wondering if he is the real deal and can perform consistently at the level expected, or if he is just the next Lamont.

Right getting back to more important matters, looks like Sylvain Marconnet could be in line for a recall following the injuries picked up by Lecouls and Mas.

We're too naive and inconsistant to expect a win on Paris. Our only hope is a miracle... but miracles happens often enough with french rugby so there is still a thin chance I guess.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 16 2009, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Feb 16 2009, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 16 2009, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and less of the An, it's been explained already :rolleyes:[/b]

Sorry, must have missed that, won't happen again (well untill I come on here ****** :p )
[/b][/quote]

no problem dull :p ;)
[/b][/quote]

That's what most of my friends call me, no not in that way. As my name's Dylan (pronounced Dull-Ann), dullonien came from a play on the word dull.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stillknox @ Feb 16 2009, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We're too naive and inconsistant to expect a win on Paris. Our only hope is a miracle... but miracles happens often enough with french rugby so there is still a thin chance I guess.[/b]

Weird seeing that form a French man.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Feb 17 2009, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stillknox @ Feb 16 2009, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We're too naive and inconsistant to expect a win on Paris. Our only hope is a miracle... but miracles happens often enough with french rugby so there is still a thin chance I guess.[/b]

Weird seeing that form a French man.
[/b][/quote]

Not so strange, I share this point of view, and after reading french forums, we're not exceptions

Lievremont putting all the money on 2011 is one thing, it's somewhere critisizeable but is understood by much fans here. What the people will hardly accept is a negative tendancy in the results since his arrival.
Poor performance last year has been partly forgiven because of the large review of potentialities, but it will be now difficult to explain worse performance this year after the consolidation of the team we see since last november

Beauxis is a real doubt for this game having picked up a calf strain and he's been already ruled out of Paris' game with Toulon this weekend.

Skrela will be having nightmares of last years game. If it is him, I'd bombard him with the likes of Powell and Roberts (if fit) running at him at the beginning, see how he holds up. Last year he really bottled it, surely there's someone better than him?

Well I'd prefer the 'steady' Skrela who can fall to pieces, rather than the other two flamboyant players who can also fall to pieces. The latter two can also have increadible on days where everything they do turns to gold. So to re-itterate Speedy, 'Please God Skrela'.

Skrela wasn't that bad with Toulouse this season. I even found his game against Australia was good except the 62 missed kicks. But he will make his return saturday against Clermont, he has been injured since a month or two, so this is definitively a risky choice.

If he's picked, Lievremont should take Elissalde too for the goal kicking job.

Pleaso not Skrela...everytime he's played for France he has been ****, kak, call it what you want... If he is picked I don't even know if I'll have the guts to get up at 2 in the morning to see France getting rolled over...

I am gonna bet for Wales again

I think they will win this match but with small advantage

France have included Beauxis in their 23 man squad, he's not definitely been ruled out yet but Lievremont said he couldn't get in contact with the Paris doctor because he's on holidays, so not sure if he's even ruled out for the Toulon match at this stage. Elsewhere Marconnet makes a return to the squad with Mas ruled out. Faure makes a return having missed out for the Scotland match.

Poitrenaud, Médard, Malzieu, Heymans, Jauzion, Baby, Mermoz, Beauxis, Tillous-Borde, Parra, Harinordoquy, Picamoles, Dusautoir, Ouedraogo, Millo-Chluski, Chabal, Nallet (cap), Marconnet, Barcella, Domingo, Faure, Szarzewski, Kayser.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 18 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
France have included Beauxis in their 23 man squad, he's not definitely been ruled out yet but Lievremont said he couldn't get in contact with the Paris doctor because he's on holidays, so not sure if he's even ruled out for the Toulon match at this stage. Elsewhere Marconnet makes a return to the squad with Mas ruled out. Faure makes a return having missed out for the Scotland match.

Poitrenaud, Médard, Malzieu, Heymans, Jauzion, Baby, Mermoz, Beauxis, Tillous-Borde, Parra, Harinordoquy, Picamoles, Dusautoir, Ouedraogo, Millo-Chluski, Chabal, Nallet (cap), Marconnet, Barcella, Domingo, Faure, Szarzewski, Kayser.[/b]

Beauxis made sense against us Georgia while during RWC 2007 otherwise he couldn't show up in the similar way since that days

Szarzewski really good player, Harinordquy also ;) ;) ;) ;)

Latest posts