• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Golden Lions v Lions

thread-delivers.jpg

I wasn't wowed by Monye either, I mean he's fast and strong and can finish tries, but so can Shane, Halfpenny and Fitzgerald, so atm I'd rate Halfpenny and Fitzgerald over him. Shane not so much because he's not quite on form (though still easily one of my favourite players) if Shane finds some form soon, then he should take one of the wing spots imo. I want to see Halfpenny there as well though, because he's got a very good rugby brain, is very fast, a lot stronger than he looks and has a huge boot. Fitzgerald has had a brilliant season too, so it's all wide open tbh.

Hvae to say though, I really think this Lions team has a chance to repeat 1997, because there's just so much talent along the backline, and plenty of hard-grafting skilful forwards too.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jun 5 2009, 03:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I wasn't wowed by Monye either, I mean he's fast and strong and can finish tries, but so can Shane, Halfpenny and Fitzgerald, so atm I'd rate Halfpenny and Fitzgerald over him. Shane not so much because he's not quite on form (though still easily one of my favourite players) if Shane finds some form soon, then he should take one of the wing spots imo. I want to see Halfpenny there as well though, because he's got a very good rugby brain, is very fast, a lot stronger than he looks and has a huge boot. Fitzgerald has had a brilliant season too, so it's all wide open tbh.[/b]
Halfpenny and Fitz have all the talent, but Monye has put in some incredible cover tackles in big matches these past few months.

I pick Halfpenny because of the boooot.

I did some counting.

Bowe scored two tries and threw the last ass for 4 others.

Latest posts