• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Golden Lions v Lions

Typical Sky to hype it up.

They might as well have portrayed a Christ-like Brian O'Driscoll running on the water towards them.

I think Ross Ford is more than due a run out, neither hooker stepped up against the Royals.

I think Earls with be a 22 for the rest of the tour if you ask me, he's simply not ready to start at 13 for the Lions, he did some ok stuff but he didn't make up for his shocking handling. I think it was a good idea to keep him in the game though, because after he got over the jitters he did some ok stuff.

Shed was almost at his vs. Aus 2007 RWC form, I think he would have really been able to recreate some of that against the Royals if you know THE LIONS HAD TURNED UP TO PLAY RUGBY AND TAKEN THE TEAM SERIOUSLY.

I think that's what went wrong with the Lions against the Royals...but I'm expecting big things in the next game. We have learned that this is very much serious business.

That's not the first time I've heard Sheridan had a good game on Saturday... :huh:

He did, maybe only comparatively but the Lions scrum was generally good, apart from a few Mike Blair faux pas...*facepalm*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Jun 2 2009, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Um, on a side note... has anyone seen the ad where the Springboks stand on table mountain, and a huge wave of 'water lions' comes at them? HECTIC![/b]

You probably talking about this one Jer1cho?it is pretty hectic yeah :blink:

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cwGMrfxFTgA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed>

The Golden Lions should give the Lions a good go in the first half or so but the Lions should win comfortably in the end, saying that the Lions did struggle alot in the game against the Royal Highveld XV which didn't have any players with any test caps to their name where as the Golden Lions have 3 international players in Andre Pretorius , Lawrence Sephaka and Todd Clever and future stars like Janno Vermaak, Willie Wepener, Louis Ludik, Ernst Joubert ect...but then again the Lions have BOD, Jamie Heaslip, Nathan Hines in their side now so really they should win comfortably :rolleyes:

Yeah were all of the same mind here. Should win does not mean WILL win.

There has been a lot of talk about the affect the altitude has had on the players and looking at the likes of Tommy Bowe puffing for air after a 10 yard sprint, you wonder if it did have an impact on them, especially the guys up front.

It's a good point about the Altitude. I think this is how Ferris managed to hurt himself getting off the Bus. If the land is higher then the bus must have been higher so therefore he had longer to step. He did not remember and strained his thigh. This is logic.

I'm expecting a much better Lions performance, especially in defence now that BOD is there to hold everything together. Can you thing of a more solid defensive midfield than Roberts/BOD?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Jun 3 2009, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's a good point about the Altitude. I think this is how Ferris managed to hurt himself getting off the Bus. If the land is higher then the bus must have been higher so therefore he had longer to step. He did not remember and strained his thigh. This is logic.[/b]

Can't argue with that.

Looking forward to the game. I'm mostly hoping the Lions can tidy up the mistakes and get some control over the breakdown. If they don't drop 3 of every 5 balls and have come to terms with the altitude a bit more, it should be a comfortable win.

Should.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jun 1 2009, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
15. Kearney
14. Fitzgerald
13. BOD
12.Flutey
11. Monye
10. Jones
9. Phillips

1. Jenkins
2. Ford
3.Murray
4. Hines
5. DOC
6. Croft
7. Wallace
8. Powell[/b]

spot on...

One thing I do admire about SH rugby... South African cheerleaders. They be mighty pretty ladies! :wub:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bumbadum @ Jun 3 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Jun 3 2009, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a good point about the Altitude. I think this is how Ferris managed to hurt himself getting off the Bus. If the land is higher then the bus must have been higher so therefore he had longer to step. He did not remember and strained his thigh. This is logic.[/b]

Can't argue with that.

Looking forward to the game. I'm mostly hoping the Lions can tidy up the mistakes and get some control over the breakdown. If they don't drop 3 of every 5 balls and have come to terms with the altitude a bit more, it should be a comfortable win.

Should.
[/b][/quote]

well that's 1 from Jones early on!

Better start already from the Lions than the last test.

Couple of Jones errors but the second was unavoidable.

Latest posts