• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Golden Lions v Lions

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jun 3 2009, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
As it stands, I wouldn't have Shane Williams start the tests. Bowe is really turning it on.[/b]

well given they play on opposite wings as well, surely you'd have Monye in either. Halfpenny will find it hard going to get Bowe out of the test XV.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jun 3 2009, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
As it stands, I wouldn't have Shane Williams start the tests. Bowe is really turning it on.[/b]

+1

At the moment I could see Kearney, Bowe AND Byrne in the test team.

We'll see though. I'm only basing that on the first 30 mins of this.

I should also mention that Monye is playing well.

Monye went missing in defence there, Edwards won't be too pleased with that one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jun 3 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jun 3 2009, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well given they play on opposite wings as well, surely you'd have Monye in either. Halfpenny will find it hard going to get Bowe out of the test XV.
[/b][/quote]

Both of these 2 are looking at my choices TBH.

Anyway, GL score. Timing is an art form! :lol:

10-32

Roberts wasn't gonna be held up that time.

Huge improvement on Saturday's performance, Bowe and Roberts certainly have looked the better for having the game under their belt.

Man this display is making me belive every word Teh Mite was saying about our defense! Seriously though, Golden Lions are woeful! B&I Lions are playing some brilliant rugby. Croft and Roberts are on fire!

Need I say it...

Roberts, O'Driscoll and Bowe almost cementing their places in that first half. Phillips also with a strong showing that will probably go unrivalled.
Jones made a few early errors but he's bounced back and had a strong showing. O'Gara's still the front runner on Lions form so far though.
Croft showed his worth with a fantastic try and Jenkins is superb again. Pretty awesome all round all in all.

All in all a great half for the B&I's. Although i'd say they've been helped along nicely by some very lacklustre defence, the backs are linking very nicely and some fine individual performances are carrying the Lions towards a big victory. Roberts and Bowe shoeing themselves into test spots with vigour.

A couple of occasions where the Lions have looked a little slow to the breakdown, but for the most part they've been very solid on rolling through the phases and recycling.

I'd slightly disagree Speedy.

O'Gara was nothing to shout about last week. I think Jones is the favourite to start in the tests.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jun 3 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Need I say it...

Roberts, O'Driscoll and Bowe almost cementing their places in that first half. Phillips also with a strong showing that will probably go unrivalled.
Jones made a few early errors but he's bounced back and had a strong showing. O'Gara's still the front runner on Lions form so far though.
Croft showed his worth with a fantastic try and Jenkins is superb again. Pretty awesome all round all in all.[/b]

Hard to see Heaslip and Mears being left out of the test side either.

Heaslip has been good but not stand out.

I think Mears could well start as hooker though.

Aside from his lineout throwing (which even I admit is very good today), Mears IMO doesn't offer enough to the party for the tests. Maybe a bench spot.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Meh @ Jun 3 2009, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'd slightly disagree Speedy.

O'Gara was nothing to shout about last week. I think Jones is the favourite to start in the tests.[/b]

considering we're playing at high altitude he's been getting **** all distance on his kicks.

that's something they'll need to work on, more than once they've found themselves isolated, support play needs to improve

Latest posts