• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HB Studios or Sidhe?? Predictions on best ***le??

Which ***le do you think will be better??

• Total voters
It's also a render, not in game ;)

Like comparing this:
cloud_strife_ffviii.jpg

to this:
fotofinalfantasyvii.jpg

(though obviously with RC the difference won't be quite as drastic :lol: )

It's also a render, not in game ;)

Like comparing this:
cloud_strife_ffviii.jpg

to this:
fotofinalfantasyvii.jpg

(though obviously with RC the difference won't be quite as drastic :lol: )

That's not that fair a comparison really, lol. :) Back in those days and even up until the last 2-3 years many developers would produce art which bore no resemblance to the in-game graphics. That has to a certain degree changed over the last few years with many devs being instantly asked "so is that from in-game graphics", by the fans. If it's not then they are often ignored a lot more.

In this case, it's obvious that there'll be a difference between the posters, wallpapers etc that come out and the in-game graphics, but the difference is not as huge as many would think. Judging by the player faces we've already seen from early scans and how the in-game stadiums and crowd look, the licensed players will look very good. Also from what Mario has said this art is produced onto an actual in-game player model using very likely the same art team that produces the in-game player graphics.

Cricket has a fairly big international following and the recent PS3/Xbox360 games had very poor in-game faces and generic faces compared to what we're likely to see from both of these ***les.

The screens for sidhe game looks awesome. Hopefully HB can do a better job, if not it seems that sidhe has won me over.

The screens for sidhe game looks awesome. Hopefully HB can do a better job, if not it seems that sidhe has won me over.

You never know what HB have up their sleeves, they may well have been too busy creating a masterpiece to show it all off as yet. :D

I'm still mostly waiting for gameplay info, before I get too carried away by the shiny-shiny.

I wish I could get both games, I think I even mentioned on here at one point I was planning to get both games. sadly though uni life is draining a lot of the money I was planning to use to buy a 360 or ps3 to play hb's game so for now will only be getting sidhe's game since it has been confirmed to be coming out on pc.

I think it is still a bit too early to predict which game will be better without at least seeing in-game footage from both games or a bit more info on exactly what licenses and other features both games will have.

Sidhe ***le looks utterly beautiful....
I am expecting HB to be just as appealing aesthetically. Touch wood the gameplay for both are of the highest caliber

I was meant it in the sense of the watery bits of the ocean...that would lead to difficulties..:p

However Hawaii seems like a nice incentive for you two to work together does it not ? :p
Sidhe.jpg

This is about the middle methinks.

Last edited:
I was meant it in the sense of the watery bits of the ocean...that would lead to difficulties..:p

World Cup Rugby Challenge 2015 - developed in a collaboration between HB Studios and Sidhe over a 4 year period inside a submarine on the ocean floor somewhere in the Pacific.

World Cup Rugby Challenge 2015 - developed in a collaboration between HB Studios and Sidhe over a 4 year period inside a submarine on the ocean floor somewhere in the Pacific.

...This is a good plan... a very good plan...

Would that mean even less information is released?

I kid...

Depends on whether a PC version is released for me... so far only Sidhe has announced one.

Last edited:
I voted for sidhe based on the fact that HB's game so far has announced that there will only be international teams and after a while the limited teams and just 1 competiton will become stagnant where as sidhe willl have lots of licences and competitons including ITM cup, super rugby all blacks and wallabies and more licences to be announced including and im not sure exactly but about 32 northern hemisphere teams

the 1 thing that is disapointing about rugby challenge is there will only be 6 licenced european stadiums and the amount of information and speed of information being released by both games is very frustrating HB'S website for the game is non-existant

Attachments

• shane williams.jpg
    shane williams.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Logo-Wide-Ospreys.jpg
    Logo-Wide-Ospreys.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 1
Imagine if both studios worked together on this project the end result would be outstanding!! I mean who would be disappointed?

Latest posts