• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HB STUDIOS Q&A vol. 3

pretty depressing interview. they practically shot down every idea the forum gave them, saying "that will not be the focus of our game" or that they wouldnt change anything. to be honest, is there anything new they've told us here apart from "the game looks great"?

by the way, is this some sort of EA Games hate rally? who cares, to be honest they make the best sports games and have a lot of money, so i dont know why all these people would complain should EA become developers.
I disagree with just about everything you've said. It's so annoying to read how everyone is so negative about this game when so little has been announced. Believe me HB wish they could announce about licensing etc but they just can't at this moment so please be patient.

I disagree with just about everything you've said. It's so annoying to read how everyone is so negative about this game when so little has been announced. Believe me HB wish they could announce about licensing etc but they just can't at this moment so please be patient.

Fair enough argument, but why do people here hate EA Games?

I can understand the fact they can't announce things due to licensing issues, and thats fair enough. But they have had yonks to announce anything, and when they finally did publicly announced things after months and months of silence, their answers have been pretty sub-par, I actually agree with Wallaby, it does sound like they've pretty much shot down all ideas and wishes that we as a communtiy want. Obviusly we wont know til the game is done, but I don't have high hopes for this game (nor for sidhes attempt, even though for some reason every is expecting them to be great). I really hope this is just Rugby 08 on PS3, at least I will know thats its a decent game, but I don't think we will even get that sadly.

Fair enough argument, but why do people here hate EA Games?

Because they're a money grabbing conglomorate who treat their customers as disposable statistics while simultaniously acting as a cancer, destroying the games industry from the inside.

Because they're a money grabbing conglomorate who treat their customers as disposable statistics while simultaniously acting as a cancer, destroying the games industry from the inside.

Plus that "EA Sports it's in the game" thing that comes up in every game is just darn right annoying.

I dont care how it is Im just glad to know that samoa is in there and i cant wait for this game to come out because i wanna know if I am really the best in the world cos no one in my territory can beat me in rugby o8 and i got bored of it.

This is going to sound ridiculously negative, but as yet they don't seem to have stated that anything will be different from Rugby 08, except that the rosters will be updated. That's my major concern.

man if it is like 08 im more than happy

yes please improve on the chip kick because on o8 if you tap kick the player will fully stop and wont chase after the ball.

by the way, is this some sort of EA Games hate rally? who cares, to be honest they make the best sports games and have a lot of money, so i dont know why all these people would complain should EA become developers.

EA doesn't develop games, they publish them. HB have made all of EA's Rugby games and the only reason EA aren't publishing this one is that they seem to have decided that Rugby isn't worth investing in anymore (though they didn't help their cause by investing so poorly with their first ***les).

Fact is EA is able to fund the development of great games if it thinks it will make a huge profit. But if they don't, they're generally a pretty half arsed "rush out whatever half baked crap will make us a buck" kind of company when it comes to smaller ***les.

Last edited:
EA don't develop games, they publish them. HB have made all of EA's Rugby games and the only reason EA aren't publishing this one is that they seem to have decided that Rugby isn't worth investing in anymore (though they didn't help their cause by investing so poorly with their first ***les).

Fact is EA is able to fund the development of great games if it thinks it will make a huge profit. But if they don't, they're generally a pretty half arsed "rush out whatever half baked crap will make us a buck" kind of company when it comes to smaller ***les.
But then nobody buys things like Mirror's Edge, while not perfect, deserves a chance.

mate im still happy with what was said could you guys ask them about the tackling features for exsample in Rugby 08 defenders were like magnets drawn to the attacking runner, nothings perfect but that ****** me off heaps..hahaha GO THE AB's

Will Rugby 2012 be available on PC, the Wikipedia page only says Xbox 360 and PS3

Ya sorry, But it will not be on PC, or at least the first release of the game.

I havn't got Rugby 08 (I've got Rugby 06) but in Rugby 06 you can only play and the British and Irish Lions in the Lions Tour. I hope that you can play as them in Freeplay mode (or whatever they put in as such)
Also you couldn't play England vs England (presumably to stop conflicting players) but you could play England vs Newcastle and have Jonny Wilkinson on both teams (for example).

Stade Toulousain for Heineken Cup 2011 (Then we can have 5 stars on the logo- Mwahaha..)

Not on PC?!
That is:
a) Missing a HUGE market gap.
b)Totally messed up.
c)Annoying because I'm on PC.
d)Totally messed up!

One of the main reasons I joined the Rugby forum so I could here more about Rugby 2012 and now it's not on PC. Grrrr....

Haha!
Quality mate

EA doesn't develop games, they publish them. HB have made all of EA's Rugby games and the only reason EA aren't publishing this one is that they seem to have decided that Rugby isn't worth investing in anymore (though they didn't help their cause by investing so poorly with their first ***les).

EA do make games.
EA Canada made Fight Night Round 4 and FIFA 11 and correct me if I'm wrong but I think NBA and NHL also.
And then EA publish those games made.

Last edited:
Not on PC?!
That is:
a) Missing a HUGE market gap.
b)Totally messed up.
c)Annoying because I'm on PC.
d)Totally messed up!

One of the main reasons I joined the Rugby forum so I could here more about Rugby 2012 and now it's not on PC. Grrrr....

No sport games are on PC anymore, i bought an xbox just so i could play the latest NHL lol.

Latest posts