HEC Semi-Final: Northampton Saints vs USA Perpignan

Predicted Winner

• Northampton Saints

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • USA Perpignan

Votes: 21 52.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"What do you suggest they do then...give quarter final places to the teams with the biggest reputations as opposed to those who are actually winning their matches....

Sense...

You make none."

-I said 'group stages', not "quarter finals"...

Current top 5, in each league... RED-Teams Northampton played. BLUE teams Leinster played.
1. Leicester_____ 1. Munster__ 1. Toulouse
2. Saracens_____ 2. Leinster__ 2. Clermont
3. Gloucester____ 3. Ulster____ 3. Racing Metro
4. Northampton__ 4. Cardiff____4. Castres
5. Bath_________ 5. Ospreys__ 5. Toulon
_______________8.Edinburgh___9. Perpignan

My point is, Northampton haven't proven their quality just yet. They haven't played any of the top European teams.
While Leinster have put away current and former European champions, the top three French and top two English sides...
Northampton walked into this final, same thing happened last year with Biarritz.

@'cooner'
"As for your "Very bad advertisement for NH rugby" comment. Is that what rugby has come to? Is everything really just about promotion? If thats what your really think then maybe you should rethink why you actually watch/play the sport."

Rugby is the 3rd biggest sport in the World, like most fans, I'd like to see it become the 2nd, with more euro countries playing it at top flight.
Games like the Northampton vs Perpignan, wont be making it '2nd' anytime soon in my opinion.....

I play and watch rugby because its the best G-D sport that any god could have created!!

Last edited:
Thats just the luck of the draw really..northampton can only beat whats put in front of them which is what they did...no more than that can you ask from a team.

or would you rather they rigged the system ..so that the teams who were good last year..play a harder route this year ? teams change over a year and anything can happen ..munster were competeing strongly last year but are in a rebuilding process at the moment beacuse they are top of the magners do you think they should be given a harder route to the Heiniken cup final next year then ?

To be fair to Northampton they fairly blew Ulster and Perpignan out of the water. Both of Leinster's knock out stage matches could have gone either way.

I personally hope the Players and Management of Leinster go into Cardiff with the same attitude as Papachinzo. Munsters lot did exactly that in 2000.

Ain't won **** all yet.

I personally hope the 1:Players and Management of Leinster go into Cardiff with the same 1:attitude as Papachinzo. Munsters lot did exactly that in 3:2000.

2:Ain't won **** all yet.

1:Dylan Hartley.

2:What have Northampton Won/Achieved in the last 5 years... apart from Premiership relegation and promotion?

3:Still living in the past? good lad yourself!!

that is all...

2:What have Northampton Won/Achieved in the last 5 years... apart from Premiership relegation and promotion?

that is all...

power-rangers-facepalm-space-delimited-demotivational-poster-1249607259.jpg

that is all...

Oh look, School must've finished for the day.

He'll be off spouting his vitriol on Planet Rugby in a minute. One handed typing of course because the other is down his pants.

There's no fear of Leinster being complacent. The coach, Heaslip and O'Driscoll are all on record as saying they're disappointed with their performance in the semi final and will need to improve to beat Northampton.

no team is going to be unprofessional enough to be cocky going into a HC final and besides northampton are a pretty good team from what ive seen

There's no fear of Leinster being complacent. The coach, Heaslip and O'Driscoll are all on record as saying they're disappointed with their performance in the semi final and will need to improve to beat Northampton.

T'was fishing. He bit.

Oh look, School must've finished for the day.

He'll be off spouting his vitriol on Planet Rugby in a minute. One handed typing of course because the other is down his pants.

...Ok look, I'll come off my high horse and apologize to you. Northampton, like Leinster, have a 50/50 chance of Winning the Cup.
I'll admit that I was original upset by them getting through, I was hoping for a French side!
I have a tendency to have no respect for a team Leinster have never play before.
I just hope Northampton come out and play a bit of expansive rugby! and that the game isn't ruined by scrum after scrum...

I'll admit that I was original upset by them getting through, I was hoping for a French side!
No ****
I have a tendency to have no respect for a team Leinster have never play before.
You have a tendancy to lay into the Pigdog Sesnatch at any given oppertunity judging by your usual horseshit on Planet Rugby et al.
I just hope Northampton come out and play a bit of expansive rugby!
STATS TIME EVERYBODY! YAY!
4 KO stage tries (3 by backs)/46 points scored (43% points scored with tires) vs 3 KO Stage tries (2 by backs)/49 points (30% points scored with tries)

Also: No bonus points in Knockout rugby. Nobody gives a toss who did it pretty.

and that the game isn't ruined by scrum after scrum...

Maybe this would be more to your taste...

The don't have lineouts, mauls or rucks either.

I honestly can't see who's going to win this match it will all come down to the scrum in my opinion if the Saints can get on top of Perpign..... Hey wait this match was played last week why is the thread still going strong?

Latest posts