• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup Semi Final- Toulon v Munster

care to elaborate ?

It's just ridiculously scattered if you understand me. Apart from obvious exceptions like the fort place thingy (Can't remember what they call it but it was set up for the European city of culture job) the really nice, well off places are seemingly thrown in with some of the ****ty areas of the city at random which I hadn't really experienced before and the usual characteristics you get with a port city are taken to the extreme!

I really enjoyed it because of this aspect though and the people were a bit more friendly to the pasty white Irish lad than you get in other areas of France. I could have got it absolutely completely wrong though because I try not to be observant on holidays!

well as the cliché goes, as long as you didn't get mugged I'm happy you had holiday time in Marseille...

Weather good today here but now I get what you mean about careful. Let's just say sightseeing was interesting

well as the cliché goes, as long as you didn't get mugged I'm happy you had holiday time in Marseille...

I got robbed in Marseille on the way to the train to get back to Aix-en-Provence with a friend. We needed that money to get back so we ended up chancing it as far as we could. Got kicked off and a bill sent to my friend's address followed by lots of walking. We had enough coins left to get the bus for the last stretch though. Never been so tired in my life. Advice for those never been there, if people are overly friendly on a night out like trying to hug you, be weary cos they probably have their hand in your pocket. I was drunk and naive haha.
The city is beautiful though, went in the Summer, and the view out onto the sea was really great. Even went to the rough parts, which was another experience as there were blocks with men posted on corners on look outs and there were guys doing wheelies on mopeds down the roads like nobody's business. That visit to Marseille wasn't all perfect but all in all I enjoyed it cos as said, it's slightly strange, or something unusual.

you are certainly not the first and will not be the last, Marseille a very dangerous city!!!!!!!!!

That's why I wrap my cash around my penis. It's a win win situation.

Us Munster boys only bring coins no notes. If we do get robbed they don't get a lot and if we don't well then it's like having stones in pockets :p

On serious note it crazy here you'd see amount of kids that seem dodgy and trained in looking for targets like I mean 10 year olds

I hear knife crime has risen 50% since the plane from Shannon arrived. Those poor North African gangs.

very sorry to hear that ruggabee. And not to sound biased and whatever, but there is a presence in that city that we could, uhm, well, easily do without.

Anyways: rationally speaking I think Toulon will win this, and beat the Saracens in the final in Cardiff.
I think Toulon have that in them that they might not be as overwhelming a side to witness as Clermont, they don't have as poetic an attacking style, they're not as intimidating in their den or have an insane record or wtvr - but they're just globally a more secure value, they will NOT disappoint in a big game. I'm really starting to buy into the Clermont choking thing now, and Toulon are many things but they are not chokers. They don't have bad surprises in them and will at least show up.

I think for this match in particular they of course need to be as clinical at the breakdown, and the entire pack (Bastareaud included :D ) will answer the call. Wilko isn't exactly the type to shy away from greatness. They do just need to be more accurate and add more precision than during their match against Leinster, and big opportunities squandered could become teeth-grinders later.

Toulon by a handful of points, maybe a semi-comfortable win.

Marseille has a huge immigrant population from north Africa as has been mentioned...Algerians, Moroccans etc. La Castellane is a particularly notorious area (where Zinedine Zidane was born and brought up). Naples is a good comparison as the locals are called "Africans" by the rest of Italy..recall Diego Maradona calling on Neopolitans to support Argentina instead of Italy in the 1990 World Cup seminfinal because of this.

By Jaysus the blood is pumping here I'm ready for road now in Marseille. Munsterby god I feel it in bones we can sneak this.

Look at his face it's like a peanut, it is a poor joke

oh hey let me compensate for the font size there:
holy crap dude, you're right !! It does have that shape !

K, y'all bishes ready for dis ?! Y'all ready for dis shht right herrr SON ? Munster about to get ther azzes bish slapped like nobody's business. Awww yeeeeah. Gon come to Marseille, get robbed a little bit, cept Zebo he look like he from da hood enough, and Paul O'Connell coz he scary as fk, bald azz mothafukka look like he just escape prison. But Connor Murray gon have to play in his boxers tho. Fo sho.

Aight peace out in da meantime, but ain't too much meantime doe, game in a few hrs knowmsyin ? Ain't no mo time for relaxin, y'all gotta come to town and get spanked man, just has to happen. Aight, out.

aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet......

I look at the teams and think 'who would you rather face ?' is kind of like 'you're going to get fisted by Wolverine or the incredible hulk' which one do you choose ? I would probably rather face Munster but then its the HCup- so do you go for Toulon who knocked us out last year ? Hey after beating Clermont by 40 points I feel we could beat the All-Blacks !!!

mmmmmmmmm hhhhmmmmmmmmm...

I look at the teams and think 'who would you rather face ?' is kind of like 'you're going to get fisted by Wolverine or the incredible hulk' which one do you choose ? I would probably rather face Munster but then its the HCup- so do you go for Toulon who knocked us out last year ? Hey after beating Clermont by 40 points I feel we could beat the All-Blacks !!!

sorry Saffycen, I've complimented your team all night, and in prolific proportions, and I'm not drunk or in a good mood or anything this is just sober old me. Dude, take this in, your team just beat THA FAKK outta ASM Clermont man, and it's there to stay in the history books forever, 46-6. Go pour yourself a bath of Leffe or whatever lager you drink, nice and bubbly, and enjoy your massive erection for the week. Make that for the month, you've earned it.
But now you have to understand: the Saracens have a really really slim chance of beating any of Munster or Toulon. You and I and the world will all see what these mofos are capable of in less than 24 hrs, and it's going to resound so loud people in Japan will be yelling.....oh no wait, already told that one on the other thread...

Enjoy this, but stay on Earth man. I don't mean this maliciously, just, remember who the Saracens are and who the other two are so the landing ain't too rough. And honestly, who knows, first time they made the final....we'll just have to see.
But right now.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts