• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup Semi Final- Toulon v Munster

Those ballsed up restarts cost Munster, in the end.
Massive shame, that result.

Money talks, in the end.

I don't want either Toulon nor Saracens to win the last ever Heineken Cup final.

Should have taken the points when they became available. If we keep our discipline and keep the intensity we played with against Clermont we can easily beat Toulon, Munster though only have themselves to blame throwing the ball around their 22 and not taking the points, kicked the corner and instead of making it 21-19 they failed to score and it stayed 21-16.

Well done Toulon. Bit sickened as they were very negative for all their talent. We probably over played ball and it cost us. Not to dig up an old debate just anyone who doubted Zebo only had to look at today but just totally sickened as it partly feels we cost ourselves with silly errors and wrong decisions

Should have taken the points when they became available. If we keep our discipline and keep the intensity we played with against Clermont we can easily beat Toulon, Munster though only have themselves to blame throwing the ball around their 22 and not taking the points, kicked the corner and instead of making it 21-19 they failed to score and it stayed 21-16.

Can't blame guys for being positive. At end I agreed they should go for corner. All these money teams seem to buy all they want but have no creativity

Toulon and Sarries the two teams I cannot stand, oh well.

Munster could have won that and were in it just needed to take a few more chnaces to score rather than play a little aimlessly side to side.

Can't blame guys for being positive. At end I agreed they should go for corner. All these money teams seem to buy all they want but have no creativity

Obviously not fair Toulon have all the money and Munster are the paupers, give it a rest, this is getting really boring, the semi is to be won which gives you access to the final, creativity goes out of the window there is only one winner and today it was Toulon end of story (Winning is not important as long as you win !!!!!!!!!!) but well played Munster excitement right to the end even if it was not the best semi ever.

Very entertaining game. I hope Toulon wins the final as I'm not a big Sarries fan (sorry Pete)

So the two hardest teams in Europe to like reach the final. If we campaign hard enough, do you think we can replace the two finalists with Connacht and Dragons?

Zebo really is one heck of a winger. Ireland should pick him without thinking a single second. I'm not a big fan of the choke tackle. It's legal, I know, but smt about it feels wrong in theory.

Anyways on the obvious side of things:
- Habana was spectacular yet again, what a difference he makes in a team. He's got to be at least considered for one of the two spots in the all-time best wingers ever. His reading in the passing lanes and accurate gambling, his raw speed, low center of gravity, not having a neck, the technical footwork...we really saw what it changes when you have an okay winger, and then when you have Habana.
- loved Toulon's work at the breakdown. And although there still were many squandered chances again there was more accuracy this time than against Leinster.
- Bastareaud
- Delon Armitage and yet another penalty kick from Mars. Clutch, dat mothafukka.
- Jonny Wilkinson.
- fkn hell Munster are good at turning the ball over !! Major props.

Less obvious:
- Chiocci looked really good in the scrum and ws okay in the loose but not as good as vs Leinster. He was pushing TH Botha back on a few opportunities at LH. I think if he can hold up a little longer and get rid of just a bit of fat, he's an absolute option for the xv de France as he's well surrounded, still young, and already brings a team like Toulon, i.e. best in Europe, smt of his own.
- Armitage (Steffon) was way less of a monster tonight, and Munster need to be credited for that. Guys like Giteau, Basta and Armitage were limited very well, or others like Juan Smith.

Toulon will win two H Cups in a row. They don't choke. They won't choke. And in the final they'll face a very hungry Saracens side and be taken to a limit but prevail.
I really don't know who'll win the Top 14 though, that's how competitive it is this year. Could seriously bet money on Clermont (will want to make the world forget about that semi and that chokers' rep), Toulon (best side in Europe), MP (no.1 in the Top14, with lots to prove and have focused on only the T14 this season unlike the Clermont or Toulons), Toulouse (still never know)...

no the Ashtray crash will have to wait I'm afraid. But I could see it going all the way and Wilko winning it from a drop or penalty though, yes, if we're talking a clutch situation at all.

Because in fairness mauling it over the line is just so creative.

Going to the corner was probably the correct decision, they weren't, and probably wouldn't have been, given a sniff for the remainder of the game. The game was lost by trying to be a bit too cute off the kick offs and the scrum in the first half hour.

Latest posts