Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Toulon
Toulon.pngVersus H-Cup.pngMunster.png

Heineken Cup Semi-Final

Date: Sunday April 27th 2014
Referee: Waynes Barnes.

Boudjelal Army vs the Mustard, ehm Mons...Munster people.
Come on, Wayne Barnes !!!

Huge challenge for Munster, were Munster back to their best v Toulouse, or were they made to look good by a Toulouse side just not at the races in the last round?

On paper there's only one winner, we'll find out this weekend I suppose but it's going to take one of those special Munster performances if they're to win.

Two very evenly matched teams home advantage for Toulon but the MunsterMen will be present in mass and their forwards could win the game, Toulon want this one badly so i think it will be a bruising affair.

Toulon are sure favourites but it is definitely one we can win. We're in a better place than we were last year going to Clermont I think and apart from our centres we are a very strong side again. We need to limit our aimless back play that comes from playing too deep and rely on our forwards to make the hard yards. I really worry about how tight our defence has been recently.

Good luck to the munstermen going to take a gargantuan effort but if theres one team that can thrive in this situation it has to be munster.

Hard one to call and the point as to how good Munster really were against an under performing Toulouse is valid and can mislead. Both sides will have the desire (Munster always have and this is JW's last chance and with his team mates fully united behind him) and the team spirit so I think it will be extremely close but possibly the home advantage will out in the end...but who knows!

Head to Head
Toulon v Munster
2 Played 2
1 Wins 1
1 Losses 1
0 Draws 0
4 Tries 7
3 Conversions 7
7 Penalties 4
1 Drop Goals 0
50 Points 61

Huge challenge for Munster, were Munster back to their best v Toulouse, or were they made to look good by a Toulouse side just not at the races in the last round?

Really both. Toulouse did play like shhit and were awful on defense, but Munster on their end were playing fantastic Rugby; it's not like anybody just casually drops 50 on Toulouse, albeit the ever-erratic, in an H Cup elimination game. But Toulouse just missed their game, they just didn't do what they came to, and Munster were definitely up to the challenge and definitely did what they set out to do.
So as to be relevant to this thread and match right here, yes Munster are in fine form.

I see Toulon winning this, but Munster I have a feeling will bring more physicality than Leinster did and will push Toulon hard, and will stand up to Toulon the whole match. I do not see Toulon coming out and pounding mustard on that hotdog. I mean pounding Munster in Marseille.

Don't choke like Leinster and it can definitely be done, the extent to which Toulouse's bad play made Munster looked good was nearly matched by Leinster's vs Toulon. Munster don't have the centres or fullback to win this and I highly doubt they will but I hope that they do it somehow.

somehow i think this could well be a massive forward affair, Toulon are equipped to win but then Munster will not go done without a fight and if their rolling mauls get on the move that will create problems for Toulon .......it creates problems for all....... but this will not be alike to Toulouse in the 1/4's. would not put too much money on this one ref or good bounce a bit of luck could go either way!!!!!!!!!!

Munster is going to be BRUTAL with physicality. They saw what Toulon does and specifically and more recently (and therefor more relevantly) did to Leinster. They've been warned implicitly and will expect a huge battle at the breakdown and will be completely ready for it, coming off a fine victory themselves, regardless of how shhitty Toulouse may've been.

On the other end, Toulon will be expecting those mauls off the lineouts and sheer determination on the ground too. Munster's defense has been good too...this is THE game of the H Cup I believe, perhaps more interesting and potentially the most intense of any match this year in European Rugby.

Apparently Habana will FINALLY play. I think it's, like, his 3rd game for Toulon or smt ??...

can't call it

itll be downright fukking ugly

and that's the way we like it

Munster is going to be BRUTAL with physicality. They saw what Toulon does and specifically and more recently (and therefor more relevantly) did to Leinster. They've been warned implicitly and will expect a huge battle at the breakdown and will be completely ready for it, coming off a fine victory themselves, regardless of how shhitty Toulouse may've been.

On the other end, Toulon will be expecting those mauls off the lineouts and sheer determination on the ground too. Munster's defense has been good too...this is THE game of the H Cup I believe, perhaps more interesting and potentially the most intense of any match this year in European Rugby.

Apparently Habana will FINALLY play. I think it's, like, his 3rd game for Toulon or smt ??...

Yeah, this is the biggest game thus far, I said before the Leinster vs Toulon game that that would be the game that provides the winner of the cup. I still think that but due to Leinster having been so abject I'm not so sure, it could be anyone but Sarries now.

can't call it

itll be downright fukking ugly

and that's the way we like it

FUKKING....UGLY. Definitely. But so intense and ugly it'll be pretty. Can't wait for it. This'll be more brutal than a nuclear assault. We'll be sure to see a ton of Finish Him moves/Fatalities.

Yeah, this is the biggest game thus far, I said before the Leinster vs Toulon game that that would be the game that provides the winner of the cup. I still think that but due to Leinster having been so abject I'm not so sure, it could be anyone but Sarries now.

Yup. Munster, Toulon or Clermont. I think most people would go for Toulon atm winning it all. Heck, they're my pick. If I had to bet, I'd say Toulon Clermont, final, Toulon by 5.
But nobody could say here that the winner of this one takes it all (not saying you said that).

Only just realised that the exact same 4 teams from last years semi's are in the semi's this year, with the possibility of the same final too...

Only just realised that the exact same 4 teams from last years semi's are in the semi's this year, with the possibility of the same final too...

oh my goodness...and if I'm correct, the night of the final happens exactly when the stars in the Orion constellation align perfectly wit.....ahh...I mean hmmm, isn't that some 'coincidence' right there, hehe....what do ya know !..
*sweat drips on temp*

Lads for Munster to win we have to be at 110% while Toulon only play at 50% max. Our only goal is to give a good account and keep within 15 points. We know it'll be tough to achieve that but it's worth a shot.

I know it might sound weird, but I fear Munster more than Leinster. Leinster are Ireland as we know, so, full to burst with current test level internationals, a fluid game, powerful up front, well coached. They've got sparkle, they've got the Kearneys and the O'Driscolls and all, but at the end of the day this Munster side is so fundamentally sound you can only respect them tremendously. They don't have a ton of superstars, and they still crushed Toulouse at home. And I don't care that Toulouse didn't play well, that in no way takes away from the fact Munster still dominated their star-filled opponents with great intensity, tremendous heart, and precision and grind in unison.
Oh God, I still have the footage of Zebo scoring that try on the left wing over two Toulousains after being stationary for about 2 seconds, how WEIRD was that ?! fkn hell...

I wasn't all that confident Toulon would beat Leinster, but as it happened it made sense and wasn't a huge surprise. I know Toulon have that in them, and they squandered a ton of good ball early...really should've had a third try that game...

Anyways: big respect out to the Munster men, and hopefully Toulon come out enraged and furious like last time but with a little bit more precision.

Dying to check out the damn XV's !!!...

Latest posts