• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Investec Champions Cup 23/24 - Rd 3

LOL ref is trying so hard to help Bayonne. That wasn't even close to being grounded but he gave it instantly even when he could clearly see it was held up.

Northampton officially through. Must be the first team to qualify for the next round.

And did it in quite an emphatic way!

Purely from an English perspective,

If Exeter, Bath and Quins all win then that will be both teams in each group through to knock outs which would be excellent.

Pool A and D would still be open even if the English sides all manage a BP win, though Leicester would qualify if they can turn over La Rochelle.

A and D definitely looking like things will go down to the wire and BPs could be critical. If results don't go their way Leicester could well not qualify if they don't pick up anymore points and stay on 9.

English fans wanting as many English clubs to make the knockouts as possible is wild to me. I'm here hoping Munster fail to make the challenge cup.

I'd rather wash my eyes out with bleach than cheer Leicester on.
See, while as a Leicester supporter I shouldn't cheer on Saints, but I can't help it while they are playing such nice rugby. Gives me the faint hope that maybe some of it can translate to the national side.

See, while as a Leicester supporter I shouldn't cheer on Saints, but I can't help it while they are playing such nice rugby. Gives me the faint hope that maybe some of it can translate to the national side.
Pathetic
You are no Leicester fan

Also let's see if Saints actually win anything, cause Tigers out of form still outplayed them just sayin

Personally, it's not an attitude I've ever really understood.
If Bath aren't playing, then I want Gloucester, Exeter and Bristol to do well; and those 4 all involved would be my absolute dream set of Prem semi-finals.

Similar internationally - If England can't do well, then I'm always happy to support Wales, Scotland & Ireland.
Growing up (and still TBH), France and Australia were England's biggest rivals, but France have also always been my 2nd team to support (It was the French team of the late 80's that made me fall in love with the game in the first place). I challenge any 11 year old not to fall in love with rugby like this:

Last edited:
Personally, it's not an attitude I've ever really understood.
If Bath aren't playing, then I want Gloucester, Exeter and Bristol to do well; and those 4 all involved would be my absolute dream set of Prem semi-finals.

Similar internationally - If England can't do well, then I'm always happy to support Wales, Scotland & Ireland.
Growing up (and still TBH), France and Australia were England's biggest rivals, but France have also always been my 2nd team to support (It was the French team of the late 80's that made me fall in love with the game in the first place). I challenge any 11 year old not to fall in love with rugby like this:

Me neither. Although I would find it difficult to want Saracens, Wales or Scotland to do well.

Saints are a joy to watch. Think I'll get myself down to the Gardens to watch some knockout European rugby later in the season.

They are but Bayonne were embarassing. A much changed team who just looked like they couldn't be bothered. They should get whatever money they're due withheld under a rugby equivalent of horse racing's non-trier's rule.

Apart from a temporary feel good factor for Saints fans, rubbish like that doesn't help anyone.

Latest posts