• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Investec Champions Cup 23/24 - Rd 3

Me neither. Although I would find it difficult to want Saracens, Wales or Scotland to do well.
Sarries yes - but only since they realised that no-one really cared about Saracens either way, so went out of their way to create an "everybody hates us and we don't care" attitude, and successfully made everyone hate them - and then become successful (which helps if you want people to help you) and financially dope (which REALLY helps if you want people to hate you).
Wales... there's a few fans who make it hard to like them, but during a match between them an ANOther, I'll forget about that, and cheer them on. Scotland, I've never had antagonism towards.

There's no one I want England to beat more than Wales when they're playing each other (although SA have probably taken that mantle over the last year or so).

After that I'll cheer for Wales against any other side unless they're up against a clear underdog.

Love and hate are two sides of the same coin and all that.

There's no one I want England to beat more than Wales when they're playing each other

After that I'll cheer for Wales against any other side unless they're up against a clear underdog.
Yep, that's how I feel about France

Last edited:
There's no one I want England to beat more than Wales when they're playing each other (although SA have probably taken that mantle over the last year or so).

Love and hate are two sides of the same coin and all that.
The first sentence is the same for me.

My dislike of the Scots has grown significantly in recent times.

Won't lie, it's kind of sad to see grown men and women not letting petty rivalries dictate who they want to win a game of rugby.
I just saw someone not from Gloucester say they want Gloucester to win matches

Literally can't stop throwing up

See, while as a Leicester supporter I shouldn't cheer on Saints, but I can't help it while they are playing such nice rugby. Gives me the faint hope that maybe some of it can translate to the national side.
I honestly love some of Leicesters players past and present. Watching them win every thing as a child and Saints being some what in there shadow has clearly taken it's toll.

Red would be harsh, yellow seems fair there was a dip and is a clear height difference DW looked to drop a fair bit last minute.

Tbh it's an appalling tackle technique and he throws his shoulder into him. I wouldn't have disagreed with red if he had got it and I reckon some refs would have gone red.

Some atrocious kicking by Exeter. They trying to impress Borthwick?

Tbh it's an appalling tackle technique and he throws his shoulder into him. I wouldn't have disagreed with red if he had got it and I reckon some refs would have gone red.
50/50 all day in terms of card given, it wasn't great technique but you have to look at the full context DW was moving around his team mates, wouldn't have expected to make the tackle until very late as a result.

His knees touched the ground multiple times there and it's called a maul...

Yeah Exe unlucky there, although been lucky with the bounces in general.

Why are Exe lineouts so poor is it Yendel or the jumpers, difficult to generate anything when losing so many.

Bizarre reffing on these 'mauls'. Knees were clearly on the ground.

Latest posts