TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_60427207_geordan_murphy_624.gif

Ireland full-back Geordan Murphy has revealed he is quitting international rugby
after failing to make the squad for the tour to New Zealand.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/18174073

Hardly surprising considering his age.

Geordan Murphy's international career is a bit of a sad one imo. He's a player that never really reached the heights he could have due to injury. That's not saying he wasn't excellent, but had he not suffered that broken leg prior to the 03' World Cup, he could have gone on to be one of the top 2 or 3 full backs in the world.

Was coming. The player dropped the most times from Ireland excellent player on his day but as Feic said his full potential was never achieved.

Wonderful footballer, with some of the best hands in rugby and in his prime one of the best full back that ireland has had, i would even have him over kearney. (prob my tigers side saying that), but wasn't given the time to devlop the shirt like he has done with leicester, by injurys or getting dropped. That saying one of the best servants tigers have had and long may it continue

Was always a big fan of his for Tigers and for Ireland...up until this season when he decided to turn in to a c**t.

Very talented player, not sure why he needed to make this announcement, though - is it saving face for being dropped? "You can't fire me, I quit!" kind of thing?

Was always a big fan of his for Tigers and for Ireland...up until this season when he decided to turn in to a c**t. Very talented player, not sure why he needed to make this announcement, though - is it saving face for being dropped? "You can't fire me, I quit!" kind of thing?

Was probably seeing this as a last hurrah if selected so now that he wasn't doesn't see the point and it probably lets him prolong his club career. Also lets Kidney know if we have injuries don't call him up.

when I've watched him this season and last season, I feel Murphy has declined quite rapidly

Leicester should be looking to get a new full back soon I think

Hear hear.......he gave great service to Leicester (if not Internationally) and was a superb catcher and user of the high ball in his heyday but also thought him to be a very "sneaky" player at dust ups........................!!

By the way, Like Murphy, I would like to announce today that I am no longer available for selection to any international side as none has bothered to pick me EVER!!!!

Latest posts