• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Italy to swap to Adidas, Argentina to swap to Nike.

Melhor Time

Bench Player
Possible new Italian test rugby shirt. Adidas... Set to change, apparently, in time for November 2012

No image avaliable yet of Argentina´s Nike shirt. But set to change in January 2012.

That shirt is from their football range ... with some dodgy paint job on the sides.

Hopefully Italy will be using Adidas balls because the Mitre ones they use are crap

I don't really like the current Italy kit so i guess it's good on the side of things.
Nike however seem to have the worst kits they just seem to fairyball-ish to me

The traditional-style supporter shirts that Nike do are very good (quality at least) IMO. The playing shirts are horrid however.

The Adidas stuff tends to be premium brand, but the looks tend to be between okay-to-pants. Luckily there's not much variation or design tweaks they can add to an All Blacks jersey.

Looks like an away shirt to me. Would hate for them to change from the blue home shirt.

Good news for Italy, Adidas tend to pump plenty of money into their products. From my experience, they're decent quality shirts as well. Hopefully they stick with a simular design to the one they have at the momment. It's a really nice shade of blue.

"Gli Azzuri" literally means "the blues" so I can't see Italy going away from a blue home/primary strip

[h=3]http://rugbyworldcup-argentina2023.blogspot.com/2012/01/is-this-new-argentina-rugby-uniform.html

Is this the new Argentina rugby uniform?
http://rugbyworldcup-argentina2023.blogspot.com/2012/01/is-this-new-argentina-rugby-uniform.html[/h]

[TABLE="class: tr-caption-container, align: center"]
<TBODY>[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: tr-caption"]New Pumas shirt?[/TD]
[/TR]
</TBODY>[/TABLE]

As reported recently on this site, Los Pumas are rumoured to be changing from Adidas uniforms to Nike. The exact look of the new uniform is not yet known nor has it been confirmed as to whether or not Argentina will indeed be wearing uniforms manufactures by the USA company. The rumours suggest to confirm the change as Nike has been reported to be offering an increase of 100% profit to what Adidas currently pays the UAR. The above pictures uniform has been leaked and shared by users of facebook with some claiming it is the official new product. This will be confirmed or proven inaccurate in the coming weeks.

Is this new uniform an improvement?

http://rugbyworldcup-argentina2023.blogspot.com/2012/01/is-this-new-argentina-rugby-uniform.html

Is this the new Argentina rugby uniform?

[TABLE="class: tr-caption-container, align: center"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: tr-caption"]New Pumas shirt?[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

As reported recently on this site, Los Pumas are rumoured to be changing from Adidas uniforms to Nike. The exact look of the new uniform is not yet known nor has it been confirmed as to whether or not Argentina will indeed be wearing uniforms manufactures by the USA company. The rumours suggest to confirm the change as Nike has been reported to be offering an increase of 100% profit to what Adidas currently pays the UAR. The above pictures uniform has been leaked and shared by users of facebook with some claiming it is the official new product. This will be confirmed or proven inaccurate in the coming weeks.

Is this new uniform an improvement?

Uch, can't say I like that shirt.

the shirt of the photo will not be the main one! that was just posted somewhere but probably will be the away shirt! if you wanna have an idea of how it will look alike the italian shirt check the one that Aironi used for the Heineken cup matches, for example the one that they used for the first match against Leicester Tigers!

marco-bortolami.jpg

Attachments

• marco-bortolami.jpg
    marco-bortolami.jpg
    574.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
So any news on the Italy switch? I know that Argentina's deal is confirmed

And it's hideous, wrong color blue, just like the new Canterbury line.

I like it too, its hardly different from the Kappa kits, same colour just with different logos

This picture is more realistic (the promotional ones look they've made it on Mercury):

A2Y0125.jpg

adidas-presenta-le-nuove-divise-della-Federazione-Italiana-Rugby-150434.png

The kit totally light blue is terrible.
We're gonna look like the Smurfs.
The away kit totally white is terrible as well.
We're gonna look like ice cream man.

No more jokes please.

I hope they're gonna mix it (jersey azzurra with white shorts and vice versa), look much better and, more important, is the TRUE colours of Italian National teams in every sport!

Latest posts