• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Italy v England

I understand the graphs!!!

However the stats flatter Mirco Bergamasco. One of the highest ball carriers? Yes, but he ran into wall after wall. How can he play for one of the best teams in Europe when he was so irrevocably shite today. Showed no creative influence and just hoped brute strength would get him through.
[/b]
He's always been bish bosh. And he cost Stade a place in last year's HEC final by coming out of the defensive line and letting Varndell, I think, through the gap.

I understand the graphs!!!

However the stats flatter Mirco Bergamasco. One of the highest ball carriers? Yes, but he ran into wall after wall. How can he play for one of the best teams in Europe when he was so irrevocably shite today. Showed no creative influence and just hoped brute strength would get him through.
[/b]

Agreed, like Easter and Haskell in the line out, he should know better. Its sad because he is meant to be one of the better players for Italy.

And considering he has the boast of a lot of experience you would hope that having someone like Masi at flyhalf you wouldn't be too worried (as an italian fan) becuase you'd be able to rely on the quality of Mi Bergamasco to bring some parity into the backline.
Can't fault his brother today, though

Why do England turn to **** in the second half? WTF is Ashton saying to them? It's getting embarrasing now....

And considering he has the boast of a lot of experience you would hope that having someone like Masi at flyhalf you wouldn't be too worried (as an italian fan) becuase you'd be able to rely on the quality of Mi Bergamasco to bring some parity into the backline.
[/b]

Agreed,Mauro has been one of the best players in the six nations since 2001.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Agreed,Mauro has been one of the best players in the six nations since 2001. [/b][/quote]

Mauro just turns in performance after performance. His tackling is simply impeccable and he is just so passionate about what he does. Such a high quality back row player, I'd say Mauro Bergamasco would fit into any team, no matter how illustrious.

I wouldn't like see Masi at fly half. Better Italy with Marcato fly half and Picone scrum half.

Remember last season's 6N - Mauro was so fcukin dirty in his play, but it meant he was doing what his team needed. And Troncon roaring for five minutes non-stop as the clock wound down against Scotland. Classic.

This time round, looks like Mallett has miscalculated with his backs, and Italy miss out on their most famous win.

Mallett mistakes to use Masi at fly half. A.Marcato in few minutes made a kick in O'Gara style on the side line. Few italian player can do it.

Give the guy a chance! He's only had about two and a half weeks to get aquainted with the Italian team! This is like asking a coach to perform miracles with the Lions after the same time!

Mallett mistakes to use Masi at fly half. A.Marcato in few minutes made a kick in O'Gara style on the side line. Few italian player can do it. [/b]
Yes, but to play that style you also need a good lineout. Is Mallett's promise about keeping Masi at 10 out the window? And will Masi replace Bergamasco in the centre?

The biggest improvement was at scrum half - the replacement seemed to make the back line dangerous in attack, when before they'd just been shovelling the ball across the pitch and getting pushed in to touch.

If Mallet had used those half backs to start, Italy might have given Maggie's boys a good beating. Wow.

Time for Italy to start spanking bum - and Scotland doesn't count! They might even take France, although they should look carefully at the mistakes Ireland made in Paris.

Forza Italia!

With a defense as tight as that, I think France won't be able to simply run past Italy. I think they'll be relying on Skrela and Trinh Duc to kick behind Italy and into space much like what Wilkinson did to set up the first try.

With a defense as tight as that, I think France won't be able to simply run past Italy. I think they'll be relying on Skrela and Trinh Duc to kick behind Italy and into space much like what Wilkinson did to set up the first try. [/b]
I'm sure the French back three will cause damage, no matter what the defence, but Italy have to minimise it. They failed badly last year, even though their pack did the usual roughing up job on France.

Today I think Austin Healy pointed out that Italy started committing more players to the breakdown in the second half and smashing England off the ball.

Ireland gave away Clerc's first try (fair dues, it was brilliantly executed) by not having enough strength at an attacking ruck - Wallace was pushed off the ball, Reddan was hasseled in to a turnover, and hey presto - try from 60 metres! That shouldn't t happen to Italy after the experience they had today.

The best first XV

1/ Lo Cicero
2/ Ghiraldini
3/ Castrogiovanni
4/ Dellape
5/ Bortolami
6/ Sole
7/ Ma.Bergamasco
8/ Parisse
9/ Picone
10/ Marcato
11/ Masi
12/ Mi.Bergamasco
13/ Canale
14/ Robertson
15/ Bortolussi

Give the guy a chance! He's only had about two and a half weeks to get aquainted with the Italian team! This is like asking a coach to perform miracles with the Lions after the same time!
[/b]

No, don't give him a chance. Gatland has had the same amount of time and he can do it for Wales! ;)

<div class='quotemain'> Give the guy a chance! He's only had about two and a half weeks to get aquainted with the Italian team! This is like asking a coach to perform miracles with the Lions after the same time!
[/b]
No, don't give him a chance. Gatland has had the same amount of time and he can do it for Wales! ;)
[/b][/quote]

Yeah but thats different, somehow.

What I want to know is, why have the RFU hired Matt Williams on the sly without telling anyone? That kicking game in the 2nd half looks awfully suspicious!

<div class='quotemain'> Give the guy a chance! He's only had about two and a half weeks to get aquainted with the Italian team! This is like asking a coach to perform miracles with the Lions after the same time!
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Thats because Wales now have someone who knows something about Rugby, unlike previous coaches they have had...

Remember last season's 6N - Mauro was so fcukin dirty in his play, but it meant he was doing what his team needed. [/b]

Unfortunately with Mauro he pretty much is a dirty player, it all comes in the package but everything is he does VERY well and along with Parisse is a standout player for Italy.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Give the guy a chance! He's only had about two and a half weeks to get aquainted with the Italian team! This is like asking a coach to perform miracles with the Lions after the same time!
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Thats because Wales now have someone who knows something about Rugby, unlike previous coaches they have had...
[/b][/quote]

I personally felt Jenkins did a marvelous job with Wales...

Latest posts