• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Italy v England

England defeated Italy 23-19... But I think that the referee wasn't very good.... He penalised us much..... ._.

Well that was ****. Did you all like the 'They've thrown the ball away again for GOD SAKE!!!'

This was like a poor man's version of the France-Ireland match: the better team gave away soft scores, and left it too late to figure out the opposition.

The replacement for Italy at scrumhalf was a huge improvement, and the laboured passing across the line went away in the last quarter. If the dumbo at hooker could throw accurately then Italy probably would have won.

Missed opportunity for Italy - like Ireland, a bunch of losers.

Did Vainokolo come out for the second half? [/b]

He was there, but once again the backs ignored his wing.

This was like a poor man's version of the France-Ireland match: the better team gave away soft scores, and left it too late to figure out the opposition.
[/b]

You're seriously implying Ireland were a better side then France??? :blink: :blink: :blink:

:lol2tn:

Brian Moore: What do you think they say at half time [to England]? "Please go out and play badly." "Please go out and not get the ball" I don't know!

:lol:
[/b]

I joined Brian when he started screaming at the mic. I seriously hope that Brian is this minute going downstairs to scream at England. No direction. England's pack going AWOL. The so called "golden generation" of new England players having bugger all influence when they came on. This obsession with kicking possession away, who have we got as a secret coach?! Matt sodding Williams?!?!.

I dispair, I simply do. In the second half, when the opposition step up, England just fade away and shrink into their shells.

Speaking of the opposition, superb tenacity by Italy, fighting England at their own game and battling for every scrap of possession. If they had half-backs of the calibre of Hook or even Parks, Italy would have been all over like England like a nasty rash. Italy quite deservedly won that 2nd half by a wide margin and should have deserved to win that final line out and challenge for a final try.

As for what might have been? I'm sorry Mite, but even if we fielded the Saxons squad for this game, it would have had absolutely zip influence. Cipriani may have immense talent and a good head at club level but he just doesn't have experience at international level. He's known for incisive running from deep, why oh why did Cipriani decide to kick?! Its madness and you could have had Allen, Lamb, Hipkiss, Crane, Hartley, you could cherry pick your own XV but if they can't keep their heads 60 minutes into the game it will count for nought.

Congratulations Italy. You should have won and you played to a far better standard than we did. Another moral victory for Italy!

I have no idea what is happening with England in the second half. As you say fitness shouldn't be an issue, no player playing their trade in the Guiness should have fitness issues. They really did just get outplayed in the second half, excellent forewards display from Italy. They just don't have the backs to finish things off.

Always the usual italy.... In two games they played against mediocre formations, too many errors, the could win both games...

<div class='quotemain'> This was like a poor man's version of the France-Ireland match: the better team gave away soft scores, and left it too late to figure out the opposition.
[/b]

You're seriously implying Ireland were a better side then France??? :blink: :blink: :blink:
[/b][/quote]
Absolutely - last quarter of the match Ireland destroyed them in every department. But too late. If three mistakes in the first half hadn't happened, Ireland would have slaughtered them.

<div class='quotemain'><div class='quotemain'> This was like a poor man's version of the France-Ireland match: the better team gave away soft scores, and left it too late to figure out the opposition.
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Absolutely - last quarter of the match Ireland destroyed them in every department. But too late. If three mistakes in the first half hadn't happened, Ireland would have slaughtered them.
[/b][/quote]

Mainly down to the poor subs, France were 26-6 up and cruising when Lievremont made a few changes and they lost it. Ireland played well but there is no question Frances standard dropped dramatically.

I have no idea what is happening with England in the second half. As you say fitness shouldn't be an issue, no player playing their trade in the Guiness should have fitness issues. They really did just get outplayed in the second half, excellent forewards display from Italy. They just don't have the backs to finish things off. [/b]

Outplayed is the key word here. Italy know that they have a weak stand off and they worked around that superbly. At half time, everyone was talking about England needing to step up some gears. When it came to it however, it was Italy who stepped up and grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck.

It was so sad that they couldn't do much with the ball they had. It was like watching England being mauled by a toothless lion, slowly being licked to death.

EDIT: my new sig in light of England's latest debacle:

yesbrian2cf9.jpg

I swear, Matt Williams is behind this...only two men could insist on such negative kicking...and the other is currently coaching Japan.

<div class='quotemain'><div class='quotemain'> This was like a poor man's version of the France-Ireland match: the better team gave away soft scores, and left it too late to figure out the opposition.
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Absolutely - last quarter of the match Ireland destroyed them in every department. But too late. If three mistakes in the first half hadn't happened, Ireland would have slaughtered them. [/b][/quote]

Ireland destroyed us in scrum, and after some bad changes with Servat & Brugnaut's entries. Ireland were unable to score a try making passes...

Ireland was more complete, more experienced if you want, but better ? No way. Just compare the backlines... in term of talent we're far ahead.

Going back to the topic this was a pooor game. England seems to have so much young and talented players, why not dare like Lievremont & co did in France ? Ashton choices are not constructive, maybe he hopes another miracle in 4 years...

And Italy has still a long way to go. At some moment they looked very amateur...

England defeated Italy 23-19... But I think that the referee wasn't very good.... He penalised us much..... ._.
[/b]
I agree, the referee was terrible. From the camera angles we saw, it looked like the Italians were pushed in the lineout they "lost" which led to Englands first try. Not a very good showing from the World-Cup final referee. :blink:

Who is actually leading this squad, I think the key issue is Direction, We need someone to come out at Half time and have the authority amongst the squad...

England Need JOHNNO!!!

Another bloody honourably lost match.. :angry:

It is fair, in the sense that you guys have rugby history to defend: "Can we come to Rome and lose with Italy??" No

Italy is tryng to build its own rugby history: "We can beat English, so we can prove to be a good team" Let's try!

Mentally, it is easier to defend, especially for proud contry like those in the 6 nation, rather then to prove.

I think in 6-10 years Italy will be able to compete in the right way and that is why now rugby history is going faster than what it was when other country were building their own rugby history.

what a terrible effort england, mathew tait needs to come in at outside centre and we need somone knew at fullback aswell

England - Minutes in Oppossion Half

1st Half - 21.14
2nd Half - 17.00

From SAS Software Ltd.

Here's The Graphs!!!

<div align="center">
Errors_Made_ItvEn.png

</div>
<div align="center">
Passes_comp_ItvEn.png

Tackle_count_ItvEn.png

From SAS Software Ltd
</div>

englands second half performace was woefull, it was summed up when the commentator just shouted "what the hell are you doing", precisley.

I understand the graphs!!!

However the stats flatter Mirco Bergamasco. One of the highest ball carriers? Yes, but he ran into wall after wall. How can he play for one of the best teams in Europe when he was so irrevocably shite today. Showed no creative influence and just hoped brute strength would get him through.

I think the graphs help alot with the visual performance of the team, it allows you to put things into perspective over how well your Team really did perform...

Glad you now understand them RC...

Latest posts