• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June International Tests: Argentina vs. Georgia (24/06/2017)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
Argentina.png
Versus%20Telstra.png
Georgia.png

Venue: Estadio 23 de Agosto
Time: 21:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Hoping Georgia wins so Hourcade, Perez and friends quit once and for all.

Wonder if its on the BBC? Gutted now the Argentina V England series is done. I was enjoying Saturday night rugby on normal TV. Will have to make do with BGT or whatever **** talent show is currently running.

Wonder if its on the BBC? Gutted now the Argentina V England series is done. I was enjoying Saturday night rugby on normal TV. Will have to make do with BGT or whatever **** talent show is currently running.

Pretty sure it won't be on the BBC! Also pretty sure this won't be as flowing as the England games. Good to see Georgia able to test themselves against a Tier 1.

9th vs 12th in the rankings but there is a huge gulf in quality and experience. An Argentine loss on home soil is unthinkable.

Georgia
1. Mikheil Nariashvili (Montpellier, France) - 43 caps
2. Jaba Bregvadze (Worcester Warriors, England) - 45 caps
3. Soso Bekoshvili (Brive, France) - 7 caps
4. Giorgi Nemsadze (Bristol, England) - 72 caps
5. Konstantin Mikautadze (Montpellier, France) - 50 caps
6. Otar Giorgadze (Clermont, France) - 6 caps
7. Viktor Kolelishvili (Clermont, France) - 40 caps
8. Lasha Lomidze (London Irish, England) - 32 caps
9. Vasil Lobzhanidze (Brive, France) - 23 caps
10. Lasha Khmaladze (Lelo Saracens) - 55 caps
11. Sandro Todua (Lelo Saracens) - 66 caps
12. Merab Sharikadze (Aurillac, France) - 53 caps
13. Davit Kacharava (Enisei-STM, Russia) - 101 caps
14. Tamaz Mchedlidze (Agen, France) - 45 caps
15. Merab Kvirikashvili (Lelo Saracens) - 105 caps

16. Shalva Mamukashvili (Toulon, France) - 45 caps
17. Tornike Mataradze (Lyon, France) - 4 caps
18. Nikoloz Khatiashvili (Aurillac, France) - 3 caps
19. Giorgi Chkhaidze (Domont, France) - 96 caps
20. Giorgi Tsutskiridze (Brive, France) - 5 caps
21. Giorgi Begadze (Kochebi Bolnisi) - 57 caps
22. Lasha Malaguradze (Krasny Yar, Russia) - 77 caps
23. Soso Matiashvili (Academia Tbilisi) - 2 caps

Possibly the stronger squad except in the front row and in the back row.
The replacement loosehead is only 20 years old while Chilachava, Kubriashvili and Peikrishvili are all injured at tighthead so Georgia will start with his 4th choice. I expect Georgia to struggle a lot in scrum which is unusual for them.

In the back row, in addition to Gorgodze's retirement, Tkhilaishvili + Gorgadze + Bitsadze are all missing. Starting openside flanker Giorgadze is only 21, Tsutskiridze on the bench is only 20. Kolelishvili will play his 3d game in 5 months and may be out of shape

Classic squad in the backs. As usual, #10, #11 and #15 are the weakest positions for Georgia, but there are no better player to date.

Comfortable for Argentina, but a great and ambitious try by Georgia with just 14 men. Maybe there is something in the Argentine air that makes players ignore their coaches and throw the ball around like maniacs!

Disappointing by Georgia for most of that half but what an amazing try at the end there. They needed to take advantage when they were a man up. Big second half coming up for the Georgians but I can't see any way back for them now sadly.

Disappointing by Georgia for most of that half but what an amazing try at the end there. They needed to take advantage when they were a man up. Big second half coming up for the Georgians but I can't see any way back for them now sadly.

No, this was always about experience for them rather than aiming for a win. Infuriating that they finally get Tier 1 fixtures but they are always away from home, which gives them almost no chance.

Nice to see a good crowd in Argentina for a Tier 2 match. And they enjoyed their half time entertainment there. :)

Argentina clearly took their foot of the gas in that second half but the Georgian performance was excellent at times! The forwards are absolutely beasts when it comes to scrum time! Considering the argenine scrum is traditionally very good (not as good right now but still) that was a really comprehensive showing from the Georgia forwards. Argentina deserved the win though and could have scored as many points as they wanted. Every time the call went to the backs there was danger it seemed. Very entertaining game!

The Argentine air turns even Georgians into David Campese it seems! :p

Seriously though. Argentina should not be conceding anything like that number of points to Georgia. Did Georgia even score 29 points in a game in the REC this year? I find this very concerning for Argentina.

Good positives for Georgia in their journey towards adopting a more modern style of play. Also a good advertisement for Tier 1 vs Tier 2 games.

Very good game for neutral supporters. I enjoyed it myself, The score could've been much better for us if we hadn't fallen asleep for 10 minutes in the first half. Discipline is an issue but overall we had a pretty darn good test window. Beat both Canada and USA confidently and had a good outing against Argentina.

The forwards are absolutely beasts when it comes to scrum time! Considering the argenine scrum is traditionally very good (not as good right now but still) that was a really comprehensive showing from the Georgia forwards

Argentine and Georgian scrums were always evenly matched I think. Even in 2007 we did well in that department.

Looking forward to November now, excited for the Wales game. And whoever else we get to play.

We are the best tier 2 team. That sums up Argentina. Props for Georgia they are getting better.

Well, given that Fiji < Scotland < Australia, i am not even sure we are the best tier 2 team.

Latest posts