• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leinster v Munster

Personally I'd rather see a bit more justice enter the game of rugby than Ireland getting results on the back of citing commissions that won't do their job.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 6 2009, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Oct 6 2009, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Oct 6 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Oct 6 2009, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Oct 6 2009, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 6 2009, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, that makes it okay to stamp on another mans head I suppose... <_<[/b]
He definitely deserved longer. At least another couple of weeks should have been tacked on in my opinion.
[/b][/quote]
No think Hayes didnt deserve longer still ain't convinced it was intentional and Healy will get more stamps when bringing mauls down.
[/b][/quote]
I must rewatch the game to tell you exactly when it happened but in the first half, Leinster had a maul going. Guess who brought it down illegally yet didn't get his head or any other part of his body stamped on? I'll give you a clue - his name starts with "J" and ends with "ohn Hayes".
[/b][/quote]
Look at lots of Munster games, He always at it :p And the Bull so strong he usually gets them down :)

But was at match so didn't see as much as on tv and while I usually watch when home on tv again I couldn't stomach it this time.

Just glad John Hayes isn't missing much as at his age i hope he goes out in excellent terms. As for the stamp i admit it did look nasty and dangerous just don't think it was intentional (agreed i may be bit bias, but wouldn't ye ii he were on your team)

As for comment on going back for more, That was clearly shown not to be Hayes boot but Paul O'Connells and didn't seem malicious.
[/b][/quote]

it was Hayes' boot without a doubt, O'Connell definitely would have been cited had it been proven to be him. One lucky boy though is Leamy, ref had blown up initially for him throwing a punch and forgot all about it once he got the touch judges' report on Hayes' stamp.
[/b][/quote]
No second 1 was O'Connells boot watch replays even commentators said as they thought that was original stamp watch it on Setanta although we on about different case but agreed Leamy was lucky but don't think he'd have been binned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Oct 6 2009, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Personally I'd rather see a bit more justice enter the game of rugby than Ireland getting results on the back of citing commissions that won't do their job.[/b]
I agree with you but want it in world rugby like why should we give Hayes etc 20week ban if other unions will give 6week

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Oct 6 2009, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Oct 6 2009, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally I'd rather see a bit more justice enter the game of rugby than Ireland getting results on the back of citing commissions that won't do their job.[/b]
I agree with you but want it in world rugby like why should we give Hayes etc 20week ban if other unions will give 6week
[/b][/quote]
Because someone is going to have to set an example at some point. Should we all use blood capsules or bring off props when our scrums are getting beaten? Of course not. We should be looking to get rid of this carry on, not encourage it.

Sorry if I'm coming off a little preachy but it's an issue I feel quite strongly about.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 6 2009, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So if someone else robs a shop, does that make it okay for you to also do so?[/b]
Totally different scenario but if they getting away with it then yeah :lol:

It like why should we harm our provinces if others in other countries ain't

Like if in GP ... eg. Delron Armitage and Geordan Murphy commited same offense.
I believe Armitage would get more lenient ban as he needed for England and Murphy is of no concern to RFU.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Oct 6 2009, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Oct 6 2009, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Oct 6 2009, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]
Because someone is going to have to set an example at some point. Should we all use blood capsules or bring off props when our scrums are getting beaten? Of course not. We should be looking to get rid of this carry on, not encourage it.

Sorry if I'm coming off a little preachy but it's an issue I feel quite strongly about.
[/b][/quote]
I agree with ya but my point just why should IRFU lay back and be straight up i other unions wont like.
I want fair level playing field

I just told you why! Because its not right. And other people doing it doesn't make it right.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Oct 6 2009, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 6 2009, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Oct 6 2009, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Oct 6 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Oct 6 2009, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Oct 6 2009, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He definitely deserved longer. At least another couple of weeks should have been tacked on in my opinion.
[/b][/quote]
No think Hayes didnt deserve longer still ain't convinced it was intentional and Healy will get more stamps when bringing mauls down.
[/b][/quote]
I must rewatch the game to tell you exactly when it happened but in the first half, Leinster had a maul going. Guess who brought it down illegally yet didn't get his head or any other part of his body stamped on? I'll give you a clue - his name starts with "J" and ends with "ohn Hayes".
[/b][/quote]
Look at lots of Munster games, He always at it :p And the Bull so strong he usually gets them down :)

But was at match so didn't see as much as on tv and while I usually watch when home on tv again I couldn't stomach it this time.

Just glad John Hayes isn't missing much as at his age i hope he goes out in excellent terms. As for the stamp i admit it did look nasty and dangerous just don't think it was intentional (agreed i may be bit bias, but wouldn't ye ii he were on your team)

As for comment on going back for more, That was clearly shown not to be Hayes boot but Paul O'Connells and didn't seem malicious.
[/b][/quote]

it was Hayes' boot without a doubt, O'Connell definitely would have been cited had it been proven to be him. One lucky boy though is Leamy, ref had blown up initially for him throwing a punch and forgot all about it once he got the touch judges' report on Hayes' stamp.
[/b][/quote]
No second 1 was O'Connells boot watch replays even commentators said as they thought that was original stamp watch it on Setanta although we on about different case but agreed Leamy was lucky but don't think he'd have been binned
[/b][/quote]

Lenihan said in commentary that Hines would be lucky not to be in the bin, so that's not saying much about the commentators when he was only reacting to what Leamy did.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Oct 6 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I must rewatch the game to tell you exactly when it happened but in the first half, Leinster had a maul going. Guess who brought it down illegally yet didn't get his head or any other part of his body stamped on? I'll give you a clue - his name starts with "J" and ends with "ohn Hayes".[/b]

Your talking about THIS one. I've thrown it up onto Youtube to highlight the ...... not sure of the word ......... its not quite ironic ........ ahhh its clear enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBK_E8uWYnA

It WAS hayes who went looking for the stamp, it WAS hayes who stamped on the head. O'Connell also mounted up.

Its an interesting video, watch what happens when a pack wants to maul the ball and ignores the guys dragging it down. Now watch what Munster do. They couldnt care less about mauling it, they want to dish out some pain. Some two of them (O'Connell and Hayes) intentionally stamp all over the guy on the ground, both of them looking down to make sure they connect, while Leamy pulls Hines out of the maul by his hair.

A yellow and a citing for O'Connell, A red and Citing for Hayes, a yellow for Leamy. All in the space of about 10 seconds of rugby. Thats passion for you eh.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 6 2009, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Oct 6 2009, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 6 2009, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

Lenihan said in commentary that Hines would be lucky not to be in the bin, so that's not saying much about the commentators when he was only reacting to what Leamy did.
[/b][/quote]
True but you can clearly see it O'Connells boot was 2nd time at back of maul.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Oct 6 2009, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 6 2009, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So if someone else robs a shop, does that make it okay for you to also do so?[/b]
Totally different scenario but if they getting away with it then yeah :lol:

It like why should we harm our provinces if others in other countries ain't

Like if in GP ... eg. Delron Armitage and Geordan Murphy commited same offense.
I believe Armitage would get more lenient ban as he needed for England and Murphy is of no concern to RFU.
[/b][/quote]

Just because it happens doesn't make it right. And we all know that in every union there are certain people who get away with things that other people won't. (Eg in England, playing for Wasps or Bath. In Ireland, Munster. In Wales, it doesn't matter etc.) And vocally supporting the blatant corruption of cheating and a union is frankly an embarrassment, no matter what part of the world you're from.

It's about time the great one-eyed masses woke up and realised it bullshit like this which is the cancer that's killing the sport.

In fairness at least they issued a 6 week ban. The Welsh told us all Thomas had no case to answer at all for his flying headbutt.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 6 2009, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I must rewatch the game to tell you exactly when it happened but in the first half, Leinster had a maul going. Guess who brought it down illegally yet didn't get his head or any other part of his body stamped on? I'll give you a clue - his name starts with "J" and ends with "ohn Hayes".[/b]

Your talking about THIS one. I've thrown it up onto Youtube to highlight the ...... not sure of the word ......... its not quite ironic ........ ahhh its clear enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBK_E8uWYnA

It WAS hayes who went looking for the stamp, it WAS hayes who stamped on the head. O'Connell also mounted up.

Its an interesting video, watch what happens when a pack wants to maul the ball and ignores the guys dragging it down. Now watch what Munster do. They couldnt care less about mauling it, they want to dish out some pain. Some two of them (O'Connell and Hayes) intentionally stamp all over the guy on the ground, both of them looking down to make sure they connect, while Leamy pulls Hines out of the maul by his hair.

A yellow and a citing for O'Connell, A red and Citing for Hayes, a yellow for Leamy. All in the space of about 10 seconds of rugby. Thats passion for you eh.
[/b][/quote]
Agreed Paulie may have been carded but don't think he'd have been cited (as he wasn't) but didn't Notice Leamy pulling hair till i saw it there and that totally wrong.

Still cant see where Hayes had 2 stamps only the 1.... And this video going to make me determined to find bad mauling from Leinster :lol:

Not that it matters, but Hayes seemed within his rights on that clip, he was trying to pull down Cullen, who was in possesion of the ball when Hayes started to pull him down.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 6 2009, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Stamping has an IRB recommended guideline of 12 weeks.[/b]

IRB recommended guidlines mean f*** all and you know it.

Can I just state I don't support this ....

Just don't want to see my teams players banned when other unions won't like I'll accept Hayes getting 12 weeks or whatever if same applied to others.

But don't blame Unions, I blame IRB as they should set up disciplinary boards for various competitions instead of changing laws maybe start enforcing them

facepalm.jpg

Latest posts