• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lions 2009

I'd quite like to see if Henson can make it through a test match (if picked) without getting concussed. Too many injuries early in matches last tour for my liking

Im really worried for the Lions in this series as we are very short on world class players throughout the team. The AIs have really made this apparent. Geech needs to produce some real magic to make us competitive against a superb SA team.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Jun 1 2008, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chappy1 @ May 30 2008, 04:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
id like to see O'Driscoll do rely well in the lions tour and hopefully lead them to victory along with jonny wilkinson its about time these lions perform[/b]

Times change, if anyone leads them it will be Jones etc..
[/b][/quote]
im guessing you mean stephen.. id put him at 10 considering everyone else is cack

Paul O'Connell will be captain IMO. I still can't figure out how he is not Ireland captain. Rumours that Denis Leamy had done his ACL and will miss the tour, if true it is a shame because I would be fairly certain he would have started.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 3 2008, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Paul O'Connell will be captain IMO. I still can't figure out how he is not Ireland captain. Rumours that Denis Leamy had done his ACL and will miss the tour, if true it is a shame because I would be fairly certain he would have started.[/b]

In the non test side .... :eek:

Are you serious? Leamy would start for any NH side. If he is not injured I'm confident he will be in the test 22.

I think at this current point O'Connell is the front-runner for captain, what with Ryan's poor form (although he has improved dramatically over the last few weeks) and the management's Welsh links.
<strike>You're mad, Andy Powell is a cert</strike>
I've never really noticed Leamy that much... Should I have?

Over half the squad should be welsh as they're by far and away the best NH side at the moment looking at results. Throw in a few choice 'class' players like O'Driscoll, Paterson, Blair, then if it can be justified maybe an English back rower or two (Rees/Croft), at a push Armitage/Kennedy...and the realisation that I only really watch England is hitting me right about now. Surprised to see so many advocating Cipriani/Care/Ellis(!) though, suppose most were from 6 months ago.

The welsh on their own had the opportunitys to beat SA, albeit in Wales.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Dec 3 2008, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 3 2008, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Paul O'Connell will be captain IMO. I still can't figure out how he is not Ireland captain. Rumours that Denis Leamy had done his ACL and will miss the tour, if true it is a shame because I would be fairly certain he would have started.[/b]

[/b][/quote]

i presume you are joking munsterman... denis leamy is a joke.. he's not even good enough to start for ireland... he is well behind in the backrow pecking order with powell,jones,heaslip,croft,rees,wallace all ahead of him.

the only thing denis leamy adds to a team is its penalty count

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Dec 2 2008, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I cannot wait for the Lions Tour DVD, the 1997 was mint![/b]

Yeah, but did you see the last one that Woodward controlled and effectively ruined?
The only good parts were watching Henson sign on shirts that only O'Driscol was supposed to sign on, and watching O'Callaghan muck about.
Other than that...utter shite!
1997 was great, 2001 was also good. 2005 was gash.
Not sure how 2009 will go.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gilbert @ Dec 8 2008, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Dec 3 2008, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 3 2008, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

i presume you are joking munsterman... denis leamy is a joke.. he's not even good enough to start for ireland... he is well behind in the backrow pecking order with powell,jones,heaslip,croft,rees,wallace all ahead of him.

the only thing denis leamy adds to a team is its penalty count
[/b][/quote]

This coming from a guy who thinks Bernard Jackman should start for the Lions??? Open the other eye FFS.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Dec 8 2008, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Dec 2 2008, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I cannot wait for the Lions Tour DVD, the 1997 was mint![/b]

Yeah, but did you see the last one that Woodward controlled and effectively ruined?
The only good parts were watching Henson sign on shirts that only O'Driscol was supposed to sign on, and watching O'Callaghan muck about.
Other than that...utter shite!
1997 was great, 2001 was also good. 2005 was gash.
Not sure how 2009 will go.
[/b][/quote]

I did not buy 2005 because it was an utter shite tour!

yeah jackman is by far the best hooker in europe, i really can;t understand why people have difficulty seeing this.

Urm ... because he really is not!

Ross Ford has played better than he has and so has Gareth Williams of the Blues!

I'm actually pretty curious about the results.

It's will sure bring us some nice rugby to watch and otherwise I will drink some pints more.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Dec 3 2008, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
In the non test side .... :eek:[/b]
Funny cause its true :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gilbert @ Dec 8 2008, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i presume you are joking munsterman... denis leamy is a joke.. he's not even good enough to start for ireland... he is well behind in the backrow pecking order with powell,jones,heaslip,croft,rees,wallace all ahead of him. the only thing denis leamy adds to a team is its penalty count[/b]
Pretty much sums it up for me. Leamy needs to play himself back into the Munster side first, than maybe have a crack at the international side and Lions selection.

Latest posts