• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lions 2009

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Strockhosh (sp?) should for sure be in the squad at some time, that's one of my many 2 pences.
[/b]
He`s a good tackler but lacks any real class, I know cos I watch him week in and out.
[/b][/quote]

What do you define as class then in a back rower? [/b][/quote]

Knowing Danny and how he rate's players (Apparently lineout ability has no bearing on how good a lock is), probably his drop kicking skill's
[/b][/quote]

John Eales it is then :p
[/b][/quote]

Nah, has to be Zinzan :ph34r:

<div class='quotemain'>
Greatest Drop Kicking Number 8 of all time.
[/b]
And who comes in a close 2nd? :p
[/b][/quote]

Big Bobby Skinstad? :lol:

wat out matthew tair at centre and arent they gonna include france in the lions now???? [/b]

Noooooo

That was an April Fool joke from like 2 years ago!

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Strockhosh (sp?) should for sure be in the squad at some time, that's one of my many 2 pences.
[/b]
He`s a good tackler but lacks any real class, I know cos I watch him week in and out.
[/b][/quote]

What do you define as class then in a back rower?
[/b][/quote]
Someone who is street wise, can win turnover ball, is a line-out option, good tackler and a strong ball carrier. Strokosch is only a good tackler.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Greatest Drop Kicking Number 8 of all time.
[/b]
And who comes in a close 2nd? :p
[/b][/quote]

Big Bobby Skinstad? :lol: [/b][/quote]

Ah, if only Matt Dunning wasn't a front rower. He'd be a shoe in!

i no u said based on form
but i think u need to have wilkinson and o'driscoll there
they are both great players who can really impact a game
look what wilkinson did with england in the WC

i no u said based on form
but i think u need to have wilkinson and o'driscoll there
they are both great players who can really impact a game
look what wilkinson did with england in the WC
[/b]

no need for Wilkinson if Cipriani and Hook are fit, both Jones and O'Gara would be ahead of him in the pecking order as well and that's not saying much for Jonny. I just don't get this fixation with Wilkinson, he's never going to be the player he was in 2002/03 end of story

Yup, don't get it either An Trbh. Suppose Wilkinson grabs all the media attention, so people just think he's great. I'd say Hook, Jones and O'Gara are in poll, with Cipriani catching them quick.

cipriani? the lad with one international cap? lets give it a while before we judge him...bit overhyped me thinks

well his form for Wasps hasn't been too shabby and plenty of players have been picked on club form.

well his form for Wasps hasn't been too shabby and plenty of players have been picked on club form.
[/b]

As well as this, by the time the lions tour comes around he could have more experience, the lad is growing every game and not scared to try new things, even breaking the watershed live on the bbc!

As up and coming english half backs go, something seriously wrong will have to happen to cipriani to make him miss the Lions tour.

If he doesn't get another call up to the England side however, there is always the traditional non-starter the Lions pick (i.e. Greenwood in 97, Robinson in 03 etc.) In fact, there's an interesting question in itself, which player will be picked at complete random, without having an international test cap to his name?

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

As well as this, by the time the lions tour comes around he could have more experience, the lad is growing every game and not scared to try new things, even breaking the watershed live on the bbc!

As up and coming english half backs go, something seriously wrong will have to happen to cipriani to make him miss the Lions tour.

If he doesn't get another call up to the England side however, there is always the traditional non-starter the Lions pick (i.e. Greenwood in 97, Robinson in 03 etc.) In fact, there's an interesting question in itself, which player will be picked at complete random, without having an international test cap to his name?
[/b][/quote]

well it's hard to imagine a non capped test player starting against South Africa but there's plenty of time to be proved wrong that's for sure.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

well it's hard to imagine a non capped test player starting against South Africa but there's plenty of time to be proved wrong that's for sure.
[/b][/quote]

It happened last time we toured SA:

Wikipedia, Will Greenwood
"Despite some impressive performances for Leicester in 1997, he was overlooked by the England coach Jack Rowell, but was selected for the 1997 British Lions tour to South Africa still uncapped, and ahead of then England captain Phil de Glanville. "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Greenwood

Although saying that, I'm not sure if he played in the tests, damn. :wall:

Brynmor Williams was capped by the Lions before Wales!

I say there will be a non capped player in the squad!

I think they should put out a young team of uncapped players, or players with relatively few caps on the field with one player who is young but experienced to captain, IE; Matthew Tait out for the Upcoming 'Boks Team. It be pointless watching a massacre of young players but it'd be awesome to watch two teams of equal experience go at it.....not that way sicko.

It happened last time we toured SA:

Wikipedia, Will Greenwood
"Despite some impressive performances for Leicester in 1997, he was overlooked by the England coach Jack Rowell, but was selected for the 1997 British Lions tour to South Africa still uncapped, and ahead of then England captain Phil de Glanville. "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Greenwood

Although saying that, I'm not sure if he played in the tests, damn. :wall: [/b]

Jesus Nick, get with the program. He was a 'Quin, of course he isn't going to get capped!!!

Latest posts