• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lions no.10 (right now)

wayevs

Academy Player
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Scarlets
So after some thought and the games so far who would you have starting as your no10 in a lions team right now? .
Unbias as possible please.
I'm going for Dan biggar , I think he is the form n10 .
Strengths :
Goal kicking
Defending and tackiling
Takes contact well
Amazing under the high ball
Ability to use Jedi mind tricks on the ref ( cannot be understated)

A weakness I would say is his kicking from hand could be better , I would say sexton has this over him but apart from that I don't see any other weakness really .

Biggar and sexton would be good options at the moment although alot can change in 2 years, 2017 the tour is isnt it? if ford is given a good run i would predict him outclassing the current 10's by far

I would still say Jonny Sexton. He has a better running game. Biggar has closed the gap though.

Biggar and sexton would be good options at the moment although alot can change in 2 years, 2017 the tour is isnt it? if ford is given a good run i would predict him outclassing the current 10's by far
Slade as well all depends on the direction England go in post world cup. If they stick with Farrell neither will be ready.

Also depends on the who Lions coach is and what he wants to do in the backline.

For me currently it's between Farrell and Sexton both have proven big game temperament over a prolonged period of time. I doubt Biggar would be being talked about if it wasn't for last Sunday.

Slade as well all depends on the direction England go in post world cup. If they stick with Farrell neither will be ready.

Also depends on the who Lions coach is and what he wants to do in the backline.

For me currently it's between Farrell and Sexton both have proven big game temperament over a prolonged period of time. I doubt Biggar would be being talked about if it wasn't for last Sunday.

he would have been talked about years ago if gatland stopped choosing a poor form priestland over him lol.

I'm gonna say Finn Russell just because no one else has and his name is Finn . Nah joking aside if halfpenny is the kicker it's Sexton every day

I would go with
1) Vunipola
2) Hartley
3) Nel
4) Strauss
5) Bortha
6) Faletau
7) Hardie
8) Heaslip
9) Hidalgo-Clyne
10) Andcombe
11) Visser
12) Manu
13) Payne
14) Seymour
15) Maitland

16) Strauss
17) Corbs
18) White
19) Denton
20) Vunipola
21) Pyrgos
22) Barritt
23) Armitage

Anyone see what I have pick?

Apart from best ever lions 23!

On a serious note there is a worryingly lack of foreign born 10's in the home nations!!!

Have I missed anyone from Scotland?

Last edited:
I would go with
1) Vunipola
2) Hartley
3) Nel
4) Strauss
5) Bortha
6) Faletau
7) Hardie
8) Heaslip
9) Hidalgo-Clyne
10) Andcombe
11) Visser
12) Manu
13) Payne
14) Seymour
15) Maitland

16) Strauss
17) Corbs
18) White
19) Denton
20) Vunipola
21) Pyrgos
22) Barritt
23) Armitage

On a serious note there is a worryingly lack of foreign born 10's in the home nations!!!

Hahahahah a Non british team.

I would go with
1) Vunipola
2) Hartley
3) Nel
4) Strauss
5) Bortha
6) Faletau
7) Hardie
8) Heaslip
9) Hidalgo-Clyne
10) Andcombe
11) Visser
12) Manu
13) Payne
14) Seymour
15) Maitland

16) Strauss
17) Corbs
18) White
19) Denton
20) Vunipola
21) Pyrgos
22) Barritt
23) Armitage

You missed Nathan Hughes

Sexton then Ford

Don't see Ford. Don't get me wrong, cracking player but he can't keep the England 10 shirt atm let alone start of the imaginary 2015 Lions. Obviously anything can happen in the next 18 months but its Biggar or Sexton. On balance I'd prefer Sexton with Halfpenny our kicking 15.

Don't see Ford. Don't get me wrong, cracking player but he can't keep the England 10 shirt atm let alone start of the imaginary 2015 Lions. Obviously anything can happen in the next 18 months but its Biggar or Sexton. On balance I'd prefer Sexton with Halfpenny our kicking 15.

Mate it was a bit of a micky take in line with the article

Pick the 10 who's played best on NZ soil recently.

Pick Freddie Burns. He's our man.

Latest posts