• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

London Irish v Leinster

I love Jeremy Staunton. His epic shiteness has turned him into a Franklins Gardens legend. That's the second time in his career he;s done a favour by not being able to kick a ball anywhere close to a straight line.

If D'Arcy isn't in the starting XV against Italy in 2 weeks time after that performance I will be disgusted. I'm not just saying this because I'm a huge fan, but I think D'Arcy has probably been one of the most under rated players of the last year.

Wallace was chosen as starting 12 in most 6 nations matches last year, but whenever D'Arce came on he just made a much bigger impact.

He played a massive part in Leinster's Heineken Cup campaign last year, especially defensively, but also in attack (the semi-final against Munster really springs to mind).

He wasn't chosen for the Lions but Keith Earls was... and then he had an epic performance for the Baa Baas against England and Geech saw the error of his ways. But even when he finally brought him on tour D'Arcy was never really given a chance. Except of course in the 3rd test (the 1 we won).

This season D'Arcy has been huge for Leinster and has been scoring tries, has been constantly threatening with ball in hand and has been making a habit of setting up others tries.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King D'arcy @ Jan 24 2010, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If D'Arcy isn't in the starting XV against Italy in 2 weeks time after that performance I will be disgusted. I'm not just saying this because I'm a huge fan, but I think D'Arcy has probably been one of the most under rated players of the last year.

Wallace was chosen as starting 12 in most 6 nations matches last year, but whenever D'Arce came on he just made a much bigger impact.

He played a massive part in Leinster's Heineken Cup campaign last year, especially defensively, but also in attack (the semi-final against Munster really springs to mind).

He wasn't chosen for the Lions but Keith Earls was... and then he had an epic performance for the Baa Baas against England and Geech saw the error of his ways. But even when he finally brought him on tour D'Arcy was never really given a chance. Except of course in the 3rd test (the 1 we won).

This season D'Arcy has been huge for Leinster and has been scoring tries, has been constantly threatening with ball in hand and has been making a habit of setting up others tries.[/b]
:bravo:

Me being a Wallace fan will say he was class today, scored a nice try too. but Darce was on fire today. Assuming Darce is started, do you lose Wallace and keep rog/sex on the bench or vice versa?

It's a great position to be in. and as said many times it'll depend on Deco's tactics. Horses for courses.

It depends what we want to do. Wallace is a play maker, D'arcy isn't. To play the game at the moment with the defences the way you are you either need more than just the flyhalf playing as a playmaker. BOD can do it sometimes but not as much as before, Bowe when playing in the centre can, but you really need a fullback like Warwick/Murphy/Nacewa or a 12 like Wallace/Giteau/McCallister. There is a reason Leinster pick Nacewa at 15 when they have everyone fit. Wallace at 12 is a more ambit's selection IMO, but you can't really leave D'arcy out at the same time. Two superb player, can we trade one for a tight head please? :( :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (noidsay @ Jan 23 2010, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Me being a Wallace fan will say he was class today, scored a nice try too. but Darce was on fire today. Assuming Darce is started, do you lose Wallace and keep rog/sex on the bench or vice versa?

It's a great position to be in. and as said many times it'll depend on Deco's tactics. Horses for courses.[/b]

not heard of that drink, is it a variant sold in rugby clubhouses?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Jan 24 2010, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It depends what we want to do. Wallace is a play maker, D'arcy isn't. To play the game at the moment with the defences the way you are you either need more than just the flyhalf playing as a playmaker. BOD can do it sometimes but not as much as before, Bowe when playing in the centre can, but you really need a fullback like Warwick/Murphy/Nacewa or a 12 like Wallace/Giteau/McCallister. There is a reason Leinster pick Nacewa at 15 when they have everyone fit. Wallace at 12 is a more ambit's selection IMO, but you can't really leave D'arcy out at the same time. Two superb player, can we trade one for a tight head please? :( :([/b]
Wot? Darse runs rings around Wallace, who is there for his kicking but is never asked to do any kicking. Maybe it's my prejudice, and I do trust in Kidney, but I cannot see the point of Wallace at international level - pale imitation of ROG.

Lads I not saying much on who should start as it all depends on tactics,
But as regarding bashing Wallace if ye have seen him in last few weeks for Ulster he has been excellent.
I was never a Wallace fan and do like D'Arcy but Wallace is well capable of being an international 12.
When I seen him in flesh against Munster in Thomond this season I was very impressed so disagree with people saying D'Arcy miles better.

I not saying D'Arcy isn't better just the margin is tight etc

What gives you the impression Wallace is their for his kicking? :huh:

ROG/Sexton is the right footed kicking option and Kearney the left footed kicking option, Wallace is there for his distribution and all around play making abilities.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Jan 23 2010, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jan 23 2010, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bit harsh on Armitage over the "wrong shaped ball" dig - that was a hard shoulder he took from Horgan.[/b]

Especially harsh seeing as he had no problem at all with diving last night! f***ing sky! :wall:

Feicarsinn (I fell so silly calling you that), you have us waiting for something special now, you had better deliver! Epic grumbling or dissapointment for all.
[/b][/quote]
I'm sure I'll think of something... when the beer is gone.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Jan 24 2010, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What gives you the impression Wallace is their for his kicking? :huh:

ROG/Sexton is the right footed kicking option and Kearney the left footed kicking option, Wallace is there for his distribution and all around play making abilities.[/b]
I assume it's imitating what England did with Mike Catt's kicking in the RWC, to take pressure off the outhalf. Just an assumption, and I don't understand why Kidney really wants Wallace in there.

Distribution - what? How many times has Wallace unleashed BOD or the back three for Ireland? And what play making abilities? Zero. Tada. Nada.

Darse sucks in defences, steps past defences, offloads through defences + his tackling and ripping is bigger than Wallace's - no comparison. The only thing Wallace does better is kick, and Kidney hasn't told him to kick. What's the point?

Very strange game, both teams played very well.
Pitty the Irish missed their two last kicks to the goal.

well the better teams will go thru to the next round

I saw the Ulster match yesterday and I thought Wallace was great. His try was very impressive. But I just think D'Arcy has more impact overall. He's very difficult to deal with defensively. He sucks in 2 or 3 of the 10 men covering O'Driscoll and he's great at sending the defense backwards causing it to become disorganised which then causes holes for the likes of O'Driscoll or Bowe to take advantage of. He can sometimes have issues with his hands though. He knocks the ball on more than any other Leinster back (except maybe Nacewa, but he doesnt count cause he just flips a coin before every match. Heads: play sh*t, Tails: Play well).

I think Wallace is suited to a more patient game plan than D'Arcy. Building up phases, waiting for real holes to appear rather than relying on half breaks which can often cause needless turn overs (although in D'Arcy's defense, he's good at making sure he's not too isolated so his forwards have time to get to him). But you can see how this patient build up play is more suited to Kidney's game plans. He doesnt come out all guns ablazing. He likes to let the oppostion play so he can analyze them and then come out and just destroy their weak spots in the 2nd half. This may be why he likes to use D'Arcy as an impact sub.

Biarritz get a bp against Glasgow and Tolouse will probably beat Sale and Leinster will finish 4th seeds How do you fancy Clermont in the RDS?

I'll be cheering for Tolouse and Quinns now to make sure that Ulster get their Amlin place!!

The Amlin qualification is a brilliant idea now that you see the effect.

Miles Harrison's commentating at the end. :lol:

"HE'S LIINED THIS ONE UP!!!!! THIS IS GONNA BE CLOSE!!!!!!!!! Oh it's wide."

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King D'arcy @ Jan 24 2010, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Miles Harrison is a complete fool[/b]

would you rather have Mark Robson, with his incessant attempts at assoncance and alliteration, or Ryle Nugent and his pipsqueakish tones, didn't think so, Harrison it is.

Is Robson the Irish *** who puts major emphasis on last syllable of the scoring team's name?

"AND IT'S A THIRD TRY FOR MUNSTTTTTTEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR."

And I like Harrison. His dramatics make the games interesting.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jan 25 2010, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Is Robson the Irish *** who puts major emphasis on last syllable of the scoring team's name?

"AND IT'S A THIRD TRY FOR MUNSTTTTTTEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR."

And I like Harrison. His dramatics make the games interesting.[/b]

that's the one, I'm just thankful that he doesn't whistle through his teeth like a lot of northerners do, that would make him even more unbearable.

I like Jonny Sexton.

Oh, and:

In Londons' fair City,
Where the Kickers are Shitty,
I first set my eyes on
Sweet Chrissy Malone!

As the Wheels fell off his barrow,
In the streets broad and Narrow,
Missing Penno's and Droppo's,
Toby, f-off home...

Latest posts