• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Cycling season

@Tony Manx Superhuman effort by Stannard in the Omloop het Nieuwsblad.
[video=youtube_share;oQRSisiaC9A]http://youtu.be/oQRSisiaC9A[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Real "cats and mouse" tussle with the mouse winning!! Great ride by Stannard considering they tried to break him and he ended up attacking!

Going to be a great shotgun for Froome this year!!

When is Paris Roubaix? Want to see what Wiggins can do as he is going for this one?

April 12th I think.
SKy have said they're going to target the classics as well as the tours this year, and seem to be living up to their word.
Wiggo is the lead I think for the Paris-Roubaix.

Wiggins to leave Sky at the end of April, announced on BBC text, to start with his own development team and will take part in the inaugural Tour de Yorkshire!

SKy looking crazy strong this season.

Porte - Thomas riding away from everyone, and Roche putting in a helluva stint.

'Froome, Porte, Roche, Thomas, Stannard, Kennaugh, Nordhaug, Sivtsov, Henao' possible lineup for TdF. Ouch!

@Tony Manx Milan-San Remo tomorrow/today. Ben Swift the 'hope for the win' for SKy, but with the removal of the 'sprinter killing' climbs at the end, I fear its going to resemble a transitional Grand Tour stage, with OPQ(or whatever they're called now) and the rest of the sprint teams fighting out the longest one day race of the year over the last 100m.
(Not sure if Cav is in it)

@Tony Manx Milan-San Remo tomorrow/today. Ben Swift the 'hope for the win' for SKy, but with the removal of the 'sprinter killing' climbs at the end, I fear its going to resemble a transitional Grand Tour stage, with OPQ(or whatever they're called now) and the rest of the sprint teams fighting out the longest one day race of the year over the last 100m.
(Not sure if Cav is in it)

I do believe he is and defending his ***le? Try BBC text for news..... Cannot at present get it as in bed with no TV! B

He won it in 2009 and is taking part this year but "is coy about his chances"!!

Very disappointing race. Thought Geraint may have had a chance with the 2 man break, but it looked like the Olympics, where everyone was happy as long as GB(in this case SKy) didn't win.

I have not got Eurosport in my package any longer so did not see it!!

Oh dear.
What not to do vs an ex 4000m pursuit rider....
...be Peter Sagan, waiting for a sprint finish in a three man breakaway group at 4k to go with Geraint Thomas.
[video]https://youtu.be/gWs-VvuwcP0[/video]

@Tony Manx

Crazily good TT from Wiggo yesterday, can see he's in his track mode. Interesting to see what he does tomorrow, but thinking Geraint may be the better chance. Looking forward to it, whatever happens.

Come on @Rich Taff, I need updates on the Giro d'Italia from you as i do not have Eurosport and ITV4 have not got any coverage!!!

As Cav has been winning out in USA (well until yesterday), BBC Text is not too deep in its coverage either!! I rely on you.................!!!

Sorry @Tony_Manx
I'll blame atmospheric conditions for my lack of coverage.
Giro has been incredible. Day 5 and you had Porte, Contador and Aru out front attacking each other on a fairly mild climb, absolutely destroying the field. Looked like a queen stage in the Alps at times.
Just worried that Katusha's 'invisible Domestique' may play a part in the GT's this year.
(Can't get this damn @Tony_Manx to work)

Last edited:
Well, that crash has kinda ruined the next two weeks. Was going to be really interesting to see Porte v Contador in the high mountains.

Well, that crash has kinda ruined the next two weeks. Was going to be really interesting to see Porte v Contador in the high mountains.

Just not got into it even though found way to stutteringly watch it!!

Top 14's final game on Sky this season has my attention today!!

(I think you need to just do @Tony Manx?)

Latest posts