• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Cycling season

Thoughts in the one hour record? Or is that too indoorsy for this thread? :O

It's all Cycling so all good, I look forward to Alex Dowsett effort when he is back from injury and goes for it.

Isn't that Aussie guy going for the hour record? (has he already done it?)

Wiggo seems to be 'going for it' every year. Be interesting to see if he does actually do it this year, when he's training for a track return.

I hope he does go for it but I think it is a bit too late age/fitness wise to break record, should have done it in same year he won Tour De France at end of year.

I hope he does go for it but I think it is a bit too late age/fitness wise to break record, should have done it in same year he won Tour De France at end of year.

Was a different animal when he won the TdF. Was all about endurance over weeks instead of sustained power over a short time. I think he has a better chance now he's back in track mode, but don't think he'll risk 'blowing out' until after the next Olympics.

Was a different animal when he won the TdF. Was all about endurance over weeks instead of sustained power over a short time. I think he has a better chance now he's back in track mode, but don't think he'll risk 'blowing out' until after the next Olympics.

Possibly distraction of him running his own team may effect his effort also, I know he will no doubt have a team of helpers but I think to break the one hour record you have to be fully focused and I just don't think he is anymore.

I hope he proves me wrong though as he is a great ambassador for the sport of Cycling.

Yeah. How much he actually has to do with running his own team is up for debate. Pretty sure he'll just be lending his name to the team until he's retired, and think Mr Brailsford may have some 'input'. I do get the feeling he's interested in getting womens cycling onto a bigger stage (with the current GB Women cyclists being fairly dominant (apart from Voss who's just on a different level in the road races), then its a good move for him to get his name associated with them and with the name, the sponsors/tv interest).
Will definitely be interesting to see how the sport progresses over the next few years though, and looking forward to watching it.

I hope he proves me wrong though as he is a great ambassador for the sport of Cycling.

Excuse me for disagreeing but he came across badly on TV the other week - as if he had difficulty forming words! Mind you it was the Graham Norton show so maybe, unusually for a cyclist, he had had one or two!!!

Cav has a chance of winning the Tour of Quatar today being less than five seconds behind Degenkolb( excuse spelling)!!

Rather annoyed there. I was in no state to get up to watch the final stage this morning, then (being a doofus) checked these forums before watching the recording of it. I'ts not he same with more than just myself and Tony commenting on cycling! ;)

Rather annoyed there. I was in no state to get up to watch the final stage this morning, then (being a doofus) checked these forums before watching the recording of it. I'ts not he same with more than just myself and Tony commenting on cycling! ;)

Hey don't knock the different perspective!!!!

He will soon realise not to print the results until at least 24 hours after the end of a race taking place in the early hours whilst we recover from our hangovers to watch the recording!!!

Will improve in future haha , is it too early to announce the one hour record has been beat

Will improve in future haha , is it too early to announce the one hour record has been beat 

Not a problem @ SharkFan86......and glad you are an aficionado...........Taff look away now..........................

Rohan Dennis set the new record in Granges, Switzerland at 51.852km in one hour!!!!

I am truly sorry but I had never heard of him and neither have I heard of Granges and have been lucky enough to visit a fair few places in that country!!!

Last edited:
Dennis did well in the Tour Down Under if I remember correctly. Think that's when I heard he'd be going for it.
No worries Sharky, it was getting a bit creepy with just myself and Tony in this thread together :eek:

First blood to SKy.

Great to see Geraint get a GC. I still think he'll be a contendor for the tdf in a couple of years.
Froome 1 - O Contador. Get a feeling that's going to be a great rivalry this year.

First blood to SKy.

Great to see Geraint get a GC. I still think he'll be a contendor for the tdf in a couple of years.
Froome 1 - O Contador. Get a feeling that's going to be a great rivalry this year.

Agree and cannot wait!!!!

Cracking documentary on ITV4 I just watched.
Life Stories - Chris Froome. Recommend trying to find it if you can, Tony.
Hilarious in parts, and very very inciteful in others.

Cracking documentary on ITV4 I just watched.
Life Stories - Chris Froome. Recommend trying to find it if you can, Tony.
Hilarious in parts, and very very inciteful in others.

Thanks @Rich Taff will try ITV Player!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts