• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Cycling season

Contador looked ok today. Be interesting if he has another fall though.
Very unusual to see the favourites fighting it out so early in a tour.

Contador looked ok today. Be interesting if he has another fall though.
Very unusual to see the favourites fighting it out so early in a tour.

Surely he did not really ride with a dislocated shoulder or even stay in the Giro the day after? Some tough nut if he did!!!

It's no longer dislocated, but then again he's also claimed to have ridden with a broken leg...
I'm sure the Katusha cars could pull alongside and sort him out if he gets desperate though...

Last edited by a moderator:
@Tony Manx

You see that BS yesterday? Only in Italy could someone be penalised for 'sportsmanlike behaviour' (Although that would explain the antics of their footballers)

@Tony Manx

You see that BS yesterday? Only in Italy could someone be penalised for 'sportsmanlike behaviour' (Although that would explain the antics of their footballers)

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news...te-hit-two-minute-penalty-193016530--spt.html

Haha................is it Italians though or an interntaional panel that is supervising the race?

Pressume the rules was brought in because any "outside assistance" may not be fair or to the benefit of competitiors but do not reckon they thought it would include assistance from an opposition team as no one would have thought it would happen!!

Apparently it was made by a totally impartial all-Spanish Jury, sponsored by Tinkoff Bank and Ferrari.

Congratulations, spit, to Wiggins, spit, on his 1 hour record!!

Not to me! He cost Cav a gold in Beijing!!! Me hold a grudge.......?

Well done to another Manxman Peter Kennaugh today with his stage win in the Dauphine today!!!

Last edited:
Awesome stage of the Criterium @Tony Manx

Incredible descending from the young French lad

Yeah watched and thought Froome was taken a little easy after a very strong lead out by his team!!

Nibali seemed to be saving himself for another day?

Unfortunately, the weather is crap down here and TV reception is somewhat iffy at times! Am on the road by the weekend so may miss some stages!!

Updates after 8pm always welcome......will watch the highlights at 7 where I can!!!

Yeah watched and thought Froome was taken a little easy after a very strong lead out by his team!!

Nibali seemed to be saving himself for another day?

Unfortunately, the weather is crap down here and TV reception is somewhat iffy at times! Am on the road by the weekend so may miss some stages!!

Updates after 8pm always welcome......will watch the highlights at 7 where I can!!!

Yeah, can't see Froome or Nibali risking anything this close to the TdF.
I'll update if anything interesting happens ;)

Oh, news update. Apparently Astana have followed SKy's lead and invested in a mobile home for their team...

BBL.jpg
(you may get it, you may not :p)

Last edited:
Yeah, can't see Froome or Nibali risking anything this close to the TdF.
I'll update if anything interesting happens ;)

Oh, news update. Apparently Astana have followed SKy's lead and invested in a mobile home for their team...

View attachment 3801
(you may get it, you may not :p)

Jeez that is older than mine!!!! Haha hope they have leather relaxation seats with built I massage and WiFi!!!!

Another crazy stage today. Really entertaining Criterium, most interesting one I've watched.

Jeez that is older than mine!!!! Haha hope they have leather relaxation seats with built I massage and WiFi!!!!
@Tony Manx
You either didn't recognise it or haven't seen the programme....(maybe this helps)

bblc.jpg

Last edited:
I caught the latter end of the stage and what a turn about for Nibali....his interview let it all out when he said this was not the yellow shirt he was after!! Tad disrespectful to its sponsors and organizers I thought!!!

It must be his to lose now as cannot see anyone beating him if he continues in this form!

I caught the latter end of the stage and what a turn about for Nibali....his interview let it all out when he said this was not the yellow shirt he was after!! Tad disrespectful to its sponsors and organizers I thought!!!

It must be his to lose now as cannot see anyone beating him if he continues in this form!

Yeah, wasn't sure what they were doing letting him go in the breakaway. Guessing it may have been due to the conditions, it looked like some freaky surf-cycle course at times.

@Tony Manx
Froome destroyed them on the Queen stage. Looks like fantastic tactics letting Nibali go yesterday.
Hugely impressed with Teejay, only person who could keep up, but Froome looks like he's been saving himself until now.
Really looking forward to the TdF now. (Thomas was pretty good as well in the Suisse).

Told you not to post until after 8 UK time but you could not wait could you?!!!!

Good job stopped early to catch it!!

Brilliant from Froome and "TJ" proved himself as coming of age! What about Simon Yeats too?

Yes, I am looking forward to TdF as well even though will be at St Andrews for one week of it so will not look at this until seen the highlights!!! Cannot trust you!!!!!

Latest posts