• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand U20 v Wales U20

Ouch, NZ are dominating. I guess when you have guys who have the potential to dominate a superXV game, it isn't a surprise they are carving up U20 opposition. Also, the defence is solid.

Number 11 for New Zealand is pure class

-The Welsh loose forwards have been garbage. They have watched their ball get taken at will and missed tackles all over the show, then try to stamp their mark on the game with off the ball ****le.

-Morgan can scamper like a champ.

-Piutau's left foot step is filthy.

-I have no idea where the Welsh centres are on defense.

-The Welsh loose forwards have been garbage. They have watched their ball get taken at will and missed tackles all over the show, then try to stamp their mark on the game with off the ball ****le.

-Morgan can scamper like a champ.

-Piutau's left foot step is filthy.

-I have no idea where the Welsh centres are on defense.

Rhys Llewellyn has been the best Welsh centre!

How did Luke Whitelock play? Very unique to have 4 brothers soon to play at top level. It's like the Staal brothers (Marc, Eric, Jordan and Jared) in the NHL

How did Luke Whitelock play? Very unique to have 4 brothers soon to play at top level. It's like the Staal brothers (Marc, Eric, Jordan and Jared) in the NHL

He had a solid outing. He was quite badly outshone by his other loose forwards though, Sam Cane in particular was McCaw levels of awesome.

Sam Cane would make the starting 15 of many super15 sides. He was really impressive in the start he had for the chiefs.

That's a pretty freakish scoreline

Sam Cane was a beast. Brilliant on the ground and he actually has a pretty decent running game to boot.

What an absolute joke of a match.

How can you expect to grow the game when the gap between 2 tier one nations is 92 points?

Honestly, people must have just turned off their TVs after the first half and waited for the Italy vs Argentina match which was after... At least it was still a close match in the 2nd half.

NZ should just play split their teams in 2 and have them play each other in their own tournament to see who the champion is. Saves time, money and the pride of all the other nations.

NZ should just leave the IRB in the end... We can only hope.

Wow!.. Missed the game but the read the updates on here. Thanks for that.

What an absolute joke of a match.

How can you expect to grow the game when the gap between 2 tier one nations is 92 points?

Honestly, people must have just turned off their TVs after the first half and waited for the Italy vs Argentina match which was after... At least it was still a close match in the 2nd half.

NZ should just play split their teams in 2 and have them play each other in their own tournament to see who the champion is. Saves time, money and the pride of all the other nations.

NZ should just leave the IRB in the end... We can only hope.

The JWCs age should be U22 not U20. It would give teams a chance to develop to their potential.

The JWCs age should be U22 not U20. It would give teams a chance to develop to their potential.

Disagree, in fact it would do the opposite. It would mean more players with professional contracts would be playing in the team, rather than as a way to develop players so they are ready for pro-rugby. Every team would pretty much be fielding a team full of professional players and the younger players in the academies and out school would be thrown into professional rugby with no experience.

Disagree, in fact it would do the opposite. It would mean more players with professional contracts would be playing in the team, rather than as a way to develop players so they are ready for pro-rugby. Every team would pretty much be fielding a team full of professional players and the younger players in the academies and out school would be thrown into professional rugby with no experience.

I agree with this. The england team would probably end up looking more like the Saxons than a true development squad.

No doubt the underage players get great experience playing in these types of competitions but if they want a fairer competition then U22 would be the way to go. I'm not too concerned either way but it would be nice to have a competition where one team doesn't win it every year. The Islanders playing with NZ also mature a few years before Caucasians so thats a massive advantage to have.

The thing is, the NZ players that are tearing other teams apart aren't just big polynesians who can bash their way up the field - it's the skilful players. I don't see how giving them an extra two years of development would help at all.

The thing is, the NZ players that are tearing other teams apart aren't just big polynesians who can bash their way up the field - it's the skilful players. I don't see how giving them an extra two years of development would help at all.

It would help in a number of ways.
- They could get more rugby experience playing at a higher level.
- They'd be physically more developed.
- Their skills would also improve.
- It would give coaches 2 extra years to pick the best players.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Wales would beat NZ if it was U22 rugby. The scorelines would be more respectable.

Having said all that I can see the reasoning behind it being an U20 tournament and I've no problem with that.

And by mentioning the Polynesians I'm not taking away from NZ's skills. They're by far the most talented team in the competition!

It would help in a number of ways.
- They could get more rugby experience playing at a higher level.
- They'd be physically more developed.
- Their skills would also improve.
- It would give coaches 2 extra years to pick the best players.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Wales would beat NZ if it was U22 rugby. The scorelines would be more respectable.

Having said all that I can see the reasoning behind it being an U20 tournament and I've no problem with that.

And by mentioning the Polynesians I'm not taking away from NZ's skills. They're by far the most talented team in the competition!

Yeah, but the NZ players would develop just as much over the two years ;)

Are you saying that somehow Kiwis develop quicker...?

Latest posts