• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand v Australia

STOP SHOUTING!!!!!!!

Great to see the ABs rumbling - that's three halfs of rugby where they bullied their opponents, so they're back on track.

Toeava is the real deal. He seems more powerful than a couple of years ago, but the main thing is he always looks for the offload. Defence thinks Oh ****, spectator thinks Oh Yes.

Wouldn't read too much in to the lineouts. See how they go against England.

O'Connor got taught a few lessons today. Hope he remembers them, but he's still a lightweight. Aus leadership was crap, and my god Giteau can't do a simple cross kick. Mind you, neither can Carter - he put in two poor ones last week.

Scrum was a complete mystery again - did I see the ABs tighthead binding on the arm all game? But some great driving by the ABs at the breakdown.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Sep 20 2009, 01:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Sep 20 2009, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
in their fecking sleep!!!
[/b]

Whats that about Kiwis f*cking s*eep......
[/b][/quote]

You obviously can't mean kiwi's f*cking sheep, because you'd of had the balls to say so? Guess Cooky must've meant that the All Blacks should be able to catch and pass in their fecking sleep!!!

Still we're still doing alright for just 4 million people up against the world. Per capita South Africa should be able to find 20 awesome super freaks thatd put 20pts on us every time. Guess their just soft.

Still 11x the population? Must be hard to find a team that can win the Tri-Nations more than a couple times a decade, lol.

It's quite finny how angru and defensive poople are getting here. It's like watching uneducaged English and Welsh fans hav a go at each other on 606.

Alright, I'll stop shouting then.

My point is that at this level, the highest level of the game, we still appear to have players who have difficulty executing basic skills of the game, and who make a lot of "apparently" unforced errors.

On those occasions when I have been to All Black trainings, the players dot appear to spend any time with skills practice drills. Most of what they do are fitness test type skills, set-piece practice, and game-like practice sessions. There don't appear to be any "position specific" or basic skills sessions. I have also watched training sessions at Murray Mexted's academy, IRANZ, and what they do is awesome, but skills have to be practiced all the time.

It seems obvious to me that this is something missing from All Black training, and I am wondering why that is?

The first coach to get their players so that they execute these basic skill sets of catching, passing and kicking so well and so routinely that it is automatic or second-nature, is going to have a team that will be very hard to beat, especially South Africa, because there won't be any errors to feed off.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danger @ Sep 19 2009, 06:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Codorniou @ Sep 19 2009, 03:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Time to breed new players, so bascially probably an experimental game with experimental teams.

Bring on Argentina.[/b]

You would think and hope so. Henry has quite stubbornly refused to make many changes to the team.

Hosea Gear scored an NPC/ANZC record 14 trys in 2008, then backed that up with 8 tries in 4 games for the Junior All Blacks. Hes on well on track to beating his existing record in this years ANZC, scoring 4 tries in a single game.

Hes the most in form player in the country and he has played one test last year. Through all of Joe Roks shitty performances Gear has been left out of the team. Now with a dead rubber match, Joe starts on the wing again. Gear is on the bench, but only due to enforced injuries.

Why aren't we trying out new players ffs.
[/b][/quote]
Hosea Gear is overated. Cory Janes a fullback and played better at wing than Gear did. Anyone could have scored those four tries against counties (yeah even Joe).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jethro @ Sep 19 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Sep 18 2009, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jethro @ Sep 18 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Prediction : Australia by a score, there looks to be something wrong in the AB camp at the moment as the team hasn't really fired all year. Anyone care to explain what Hanson actually does? Sure as shite it isn't coaching the forwards from what I can see. Line out should have been sorted more than a year a go.

Interestingly the game is to decide who takes out the wooden spoon, guess who did that the last two times South Africa won the TriNations. :)

Come on you Blacks and all, will watch the game, expecting the worse, will then turn my attention on who gets an EOYT call up and if the coaches are going to be making that tour. Heads must roll if the ABs lose 3 at home.

BTW anyone really giving a toss about the fourth game this year? For the first time ever didn't watch an AB v Wallaby test match last year as was well over it by game 9,673 for the year.

Think it's currently Henry 7 - 1 Deans, Dingo is due a win.[/b]
I believe it's 6-1. I'm looking forward to the game but only because it's being played in Tokyo. Back to three matches next year please, if the ARU want to expand the game and increase their windfall they can play a home game in Denver / Tokyo / Dubai / Singapore.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks Wally couldn't quite recall the head to head.

Think they should send the 7s to Melbourne next time round to be honest or Sydney, both venues hold 80+ thousand and would sell out. JON once again unable to work out the simple things imho.
[/b][/quote]
Its 6-1 now it was 5-1 when this comment was made.(3-1 in 08 and 2-0 in 09). And people still think Deans would be a better AB coach than the big 3. Go figure.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Sep 19 2009, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Half-time: New Zealand 16 - 6 Australia

How was Toeava's tackle high? He hit the player on the chest. no way was that a yellow card.[/b]
Looked bad at the ground. Got to remember the ref only gets one look.(plus it was AR's recommendation).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Sep 19 2009, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
James O'Connor must go away.[/b]
I can't believe the master coach Deans ( obviously sarcasm) couldn't see what everyone watching could. O'Conner should have been benched half way through. He's like Toeava Version 1. I.e selected too young.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danger @ Sep 19 2009, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Sep 19 2009, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great All Black game, I disagree with your rating system danger, Rokocoko had a good game, made very few mistakes and scored a try. Best All Blacks game all year, and very enjoyable rugby to watch. I still prefer So'oialo in the starting #8, but I guess I see the merits of pushing Read in, so that he can go 4 the World Cup. Very pleased with Toeava's game, just shows the difference between his best and worse games. On one sad note, I think Hosea's chances to be a regular All Blacks are ruled out, as he only touched the ball the once in the time he was on the field, and that time he had no options except to go down, so that sucks, but Cory Jane played amazingly under the high ball.[/b]

Really? i think the statement that Rokocoko is "adequate but not comfortably in the squad" is a fair call. Hes not comfortable by any means. I think So'oialo has been average, as has Reid. My solution is to move McCaw to 8, hes more then capable, as the ranfurly shield game proved and he cant keep up his pace forever, Openside is a young mans position. and i think that Whitelock is a better player then Reid.

A backrow of; 6)Thompson/Kaino, 7)Whitelock, 8)McCaw would be fantastic, the workrate between them would be phenominal.
I dont see how making absolutly no mistakes with limited opportunities "rules out" a guys all black chances. He should be one of the first names down for the end of year tour
[/b][/quote]
One is whitelock a worldclass 7? because Mccaw is and you don't want mess with Mccaw unless theres dam good reason . Two this could endup like the carter donald thing on paper it makes us a more balanced side but in practice who knows. It may of worked against an awful wellington side but against the boks or wallabies? Speaking of the wallabies did you notice George Smith or Pocock because they were annoymous. The Smith-Pocock situation is what could happen to Mccaw.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Sep 20 2009, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Alright, I'll stop shouting then.

My point is that at this level, the highest level of the game, we still appear to have players who have difficulty executing basic skills of the game, and who make a lot of "apparently" unforced errors.

On those occasions when I have been to All Black trainings, the players dot appear to spend any time with skills practice drills. Most of what they do are fitness test type skills, set-piece practice, and game-like practice sessions. There don't appear to be any "position specific" or basic skills sessions. I have also watched training sessions at Murray Mexted's academy, IRANZ, and what they do is awesome, but skills have to be practiced all the time.

It seems obvious to me that this is something missing from All Black training, and I am wondering why that is?

The first coach to get their players so that they execute these basic skill sets of catching, passing and kicking so well and so routinely that it is automatic or second-nature, is going to have a team that will be very hard to beat, especially South Africa, because there won't be any errors to feed off.[/b]
Yeah maybe the Allblacks should have a shared practice with the Wallabies after all Deans is a great coach he'll be able to teach our players how to catch and pass under pressure right? (Watches last nights match again) ahhh maybe not.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Sep 20 2009, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Sep 20 2009, 02:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Sep 20 2009, 01:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Sep 20 2009, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(Yup we focus more on teh WC :lol: ).[/b] [/b]
[/b][/quote]

A bit touchy there Bokke, lol? You made a joke (first) so I made one or two back. :)

Anyhow, I wonder how much of this Australian loss will fall on Deans shoulders? I'd imagine he's going to cop nearly all the blame over there.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wjd23104 @ Sep 20 2009, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hosea Gear is overated. Cory Janes a fullback and played better at wing than Gear did.[/b]

Cory Jane is a very good player and he played well last night but to single out Gear like hes over rated tells me you have a problem with him... Who in NZ at the moment that you think that would be able to score trys like he does?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TRUE LEGND @ Sep 20 2009, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wjd23104 @ Sep 20 2009, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hosea Gear is overated. Cory Janes a fullback and played better at wing than Gear did.[/b]

Cory Jane is a very good player and he played well last night but to single out Gear like hes over rated tells me you have a problem with him... Who in NZ at the moment that you think that would be able to score trys like he does?
[/b][/quote]

Agreed, he's an extremely hungry and elusive man. They didn't give him a whole lot of chances when he last played for the AB's. He's certainly my pick ahead of Rokocoko.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Sep 19 2009, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Sep 19 2009, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FFS Kieran Read, where are your

IF ITS SO f***ING EASY WHY DON'T YOU PLAY FOR HIM??????????

[/b]

I would expect anyone from senior club level upwards to have the basic skills right. Personally blaming Smith for not focusing on the issues in the AB team, though they appear to have sorted a few to be honest.

Agree with the poster saying "James O'Connor must go away". The guy looks too much like a wendy ball player for comfort. For mine Australia's problem was not committing players to the breakdowns, there's no mongrel in the current team imho. Gits is over rated and did Barnes actually take the field last night? Must check how this result is being spun in the press this morning, generally AB teams do not beat Wallaby teams according to the SMH scribes.

Maybe the AB lineout woes are only against the Bokke? They did exception well last night, and over all were a better unit than the Aussies on the night.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Sep 20 2009, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Giteau can't do a simple cross kick. Mind you, neither can Carter - he put in two poor ones last week.[/b]
I honestly cant see anything wrong with carters cross kicking, 2 games back in the black jersey & from what i saw hes doing alright

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wjd23104 @ Sep 20 2009, 06:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Sep 19 2009, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
James O'Connor must go away.[/b]
I can't believe the master coach Deans ( obviously sarcasm) couldn't see what everyone watching could. O'Conner should have been benched half way through. He's like Toeava Version 1. I.e selected too young.
[/b][/quote]

I've been saying that since he first set foot on the field, he should be locked up until he turns 21, then released onto the rugby field.

Latest posts